Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ways to save in resort

Poster: A snowHead
In Tignes we got a place right next to the pistes... pretty much ski in/out. Meant we could do our own things, my mates could pick up their lad from ski school and we could have lunch in the apartment with a cold beer and a proper sit down. Worked out that we didn't take much longer than eating on the mountain and saved a bundle.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drive there and load your car up like I did at Xmas, by the time I had finished it was packed to the roof, also note roof box and 4 pairs of skis on the other side. MPG was terrible though Razz Razz

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/14950/ppuser/989/sl/k
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never bothered taking stuff off the breakfast buffet for lunch but I dont mind others doing it, each to their own. I do actually take a piece of fruit each for the kids though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In France there does seem to be a few places that do an "American" sandwich which is a big baguette filled with burgers and salad and served with chips - that easily feeds two - and I'm greedy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel wrote:
Drive there and load your car up like I did at Xmas, by the time I had finished it was packed to the roof, also note roof box and 4 pairs of skis on the other side. MPG was terrible though Razz Razz

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/14950/ppuser/989/sl/k

Were you opening a coca-cola store?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotties and Coke, sounds like a good holiday wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pickle1, I do like a good pain Americain. But not too often!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I must confess that when in hotels in winter, I'm a confirmed and crafty breakfast stealer but I just cannot eat first thing in the morning, and only have a coffee and juice, maybe an apple, at the table. I sneak it out and eat it on the lift - otherwise I wouldn't eat any. Don't judge me I really don't have any more than anyone else! I bet they're going to start properly cracking down on this soon Sad don't really blame them.

Some local chalet companies have started offering packed lunches included which I think is a really good idea, especially in Chamonix where the mountain restaurants are mostly nothing special.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
firebug,
Quote:

I must confess that when in hotels in winter, I'm a confirmed and crafty breakfast stealer but I just cannot eat first thing in the morning, and only have a coffee and juice, maybe an apple, at the table. I sneak it out and eat it on the lift - otherwise I wouldn't eat any. Don't judge me I really don't have any more than anyone else!
Ditto.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I really hate it when members of our group (not snowHeads rolling eyes ) nick stuff from breakfast then proceed to eat it when they're sitting with us outside a restaurant at lunchtime. There's always "Picnic Interdit" signs everywhere and it's sooooo embarrassing. They're also always on the scrounge too with comments like, "Can I just pinch a chip/bit of pizza - it looks delicious!"

"No" says my friend, "Unless you want a fist in your mouth to go with it!" Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi wrote:
I really hate it when members of our group (not snowHeads rolling eyes ) nick stuff from breakfast then proceed to eat it when they're sitting with us outside a restaurant at lunchtime. There's always "Picnic Interdit" signs everywhere and it's sooooo embarrassing. They're also always on the scrounge too with comments like, "Can I just pinch a chip/bit of pizza - it looks delicious!"

"No" says my friend, "Unless you want a fist in your mouth to go with it!" Twisted Evil
Totally agreed. Disgraceful habit. If I picnic - which is rare on a ski holiday, in fact - I'll go and sit on a rock.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pickle1 wrote:
In France there does seem to be a few places that do an "American" sandwich which is a big baguette filled with burgers and salad and served with chips - that easily feeds two - and I'm greedy.

Shocked Lightweight. An 'American burger' is a mid morning snack for a real man. Feed 2 my ar*e. Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
don't buy a lift pass - use touring kit to get up the hill, then slide back down.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, Big girls blouse! Grappling hook, rope, hurl it at passing chairlift, hang on for dear life! snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:
maggi wrote:

Totally agreed. Disgraceful habit. If I picnic - which is rare on a ski holiday, in fact - I'll go and sit on a rock.

and last season there were, how shall we say, people that do know better, making a big show of doing just that and loudly complaining about the restaurant prices and the rip off Euro. Sad
ski holidays
Don't leave the free nursery slope all week and get on a bloody stricty diet, take a tent and drink urine all week.

I think that's you sorted!

wink
latest report
northantsred, Oh and swim the channel and walk to resort

Andy
ski holidays
Goulash soup and a hip flask full of (supermarket) rum
snow conditions
northantsred wrote:
...and drink urine all week.
In some resorts there are so few public toilets that drinking urine is a serious money saving tip. Last time I was in L3V, I was shocked to see how few loos were available without buying a breathtakingly overpriced drink to make sure you returned in short order.
latest report
I watched our chalet host throw a bunch of croissants in the bin as we left one morning... so on that basis I can justify my own plundering of the breakfast table for my mid morning snack!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy