Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian Rockies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi other skiing heads,

I plan to enjoy skiing, but mainly back country skiing (ski touring) in wonderful Canadian mountains and their famous free-ride resorts from Calgary to Vancouver like Banff, Jasper, Kicking Horse, Whistler... I am looking for someone who´d like to join me for this adventure:
- Arrival in Calgary around February 22, 2005
- renting of the car (I have aready made pre-reservation of Ford Focus Wagon - approx. CAD 950/month - http://www.enterprise.com)
- shift to Banff (some places in e.g. Banff Alpine Centre Hostel are still available per approx. CAD 25/night - http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php)
- further itinerary is opened... Happy

My intention is to stay in Canada (US - there is a possibity to move to the mountain chalet of my friend close to Lake Tahoe (Sierra Nevada, close to San Francisco) and to stay there one week .... for free Happy) for approx. one month.

Cheers,

Jiri
(Prague)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 3-02-05 10:57; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jirryb, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead . What an interesting offer. Can we have some info about you - sex and age would be useful. Hate to disapoint you but conditions in some of the West Coast resorts are very poor. We have a thread or two running now about Whistler in particular. But things could improve before you arrive. Hope so.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ian. You are right. I´ve also got such warnings. Anyway, I trust conditions will improve... rolling eyes
I am 37, male.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jirryb, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

One point about Mt Shasta: it is _not_ in the Sierra Nevada; it is actually one of the volcanoes in the Cascade Range. This is quite important, because it is a relatively isolated high mountain, with a fairly small ski area, and barely within range for a day trip to any other resort (I think Mt. Ashland in Southern Oregon would be the closest at about 200km -- but a resident of Northern California might correct me). The large cluster of resorts around Lake Tahoe, in the Northern Sierra Nevada, are about 500 km away. Neither is Mt Shasta particularly close to San Francisco (about 450km I would guess).

That said, Mount Shasta _is_ beautiful (I've hiked it but not skied it), and of course you wouldn't pass up a week's free accommodation with you friend. I just didn't want you to get the wrong idea about the extent of the skiing. I hope that's helpful!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirryb, welcome to snowHeads.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laundryman, thanks for your remark. I wrote it in a hurry and mixed names... Confused It´s already corrected.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jirryb, ah, that makes sense! There is actually a Lake Shasta close to Mt. Shasta, so that's where I thought you meant. You'll definitely enjoy Tahoe. Quite a few snowHeads know the area pretty well, so let us know if you have any particular questions. Also, you'll find a few interesting threads if you use the search facility.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirryb, If you get to Tahoe, let me know. As laundryman, probably already knows, I ski at Squaw Valley every weekend! So I know the area quite well, and anything I don't know I can find out! Very Happy snowHead (And I'm always looking for new people to ski with.)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi snowheads snowHead . Things are more clear now. I´ll arrive in Calgary on 22nd and immediately ride to Clubhouse in Canmore for 3 nights. Then I will move to Banff to Alpine Centre. So, I am looking forward to meet there some real "snowheads" instead of you ... virtual ones Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy