Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best value season passes

Poster: A snowHead
If you book before 30 November for PDS passes you can get 10% discount - BUT this is not for season passes.

The season pass is 760 euros - we have always then had 20% discount for being home owners. I think the first year we took a bill down to the office with us but now we just hand in last year's pass and that seems to suffice. Sadly the Seniors rate keeps going up each year, now 62, so I keep chasing that to no avail. I believe it is going to stop at 65. All resorts seem to have their own rules over seniors.

The PDS website is showing their passes.

http://www.portesdusoleil.com/en_winter/ski-passes/prices.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I believe it is going to stop at 65

Hmm. Maybe. Ours is now 70. By the time I get there, it'll be 80. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, I think they told me it would be 65 but expect that was just to shut me up.

My husband has had his now for 4 or even 5 years, can't remember, and the first year he got it his birthday is not till the end of January but he said that as he would be skiing for more of the season once he was 60 he thought it would be nice to let him have it at 20% discount - he thought he was pushing his luck but whoever sold it to him must have been in a good mood as they gave him the discount.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought for US$599 the Epic ski season pass has to be good value as it covers unlimited skiing in

Vail
Beaver Creek
Keystone
Breckenridge
Arapahoe
Heavenly

The first 5 are in one area within a radius of about 27 miles. It is claimed the cost of this season ski pass is equivalent to a 6-day ski pass.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A Grand Massif (265Km) season pass comes at 419 Euros and includes various daypasses for other areas ranging as far as Verbier and Courmayeur. Available to all until 15th December.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
midgetbiker wrote:
bertie bassett, I read Boredsurfing's post as in support of marcellus's, ie no discount for simply being a resident.

My advice from the office of CdeMB last year though was - go to the local Marie, prove you own local property, get a locals ID card, get discounts on various things including lift passes.

I get discount on Les Arcs or Paradiski passes on the basis of owning holiday property in Les Arc. Can't remember exactly how much, but discount in the region of €200 on a Paradiski pass if it is bought before the beginning of December IIRC. I'm not aware of any discounts for early purchase of season passes if you don't own property in the area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here in Aime you have to have been on the voting register for seven years before you get the €80 season pass for La Plagne or €160 Paradiski.

Currently investigating ways around it. Looks like marriage may work!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kaiser, those rates for long term locals are pretty good aren't they! I think they are (were?) on a sliding scale in BSM so the longer you've lived there the cheaper the passes get.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They are good, I shan't be needing one this year though as based in Tignes for the winter again.

Speaking of which, their gold ambassadors get 50% off so around €500
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:
bertie bassett, I read Boredsurfing's post as in support of marcellus's, ie no discount for simply being a resident.

My advice from the office of CdeMB last year though was - go to the local Marie, prove you own local property, get a locals ID card, get discounts on various things including lift passes.

I get discount on Les Arcs or Paradiski passes on the basis of owning holiday property in Les Arc. Can't remember exactly how much, but discount in the region of €200 on a Paradiski pass if it is bought before the beginning of December IIRC. I'm not aware of any discounts for early purchase of season passes if you don't own property in the area.

I'm pretty sure a resident card gets you about 20% off on Cham/Mont Blanc passes, Early paying got you 30% off last year and 35or40% off this year, BUT combining the two whilst possible does not give you full full benefit of both discounts (eg if you early pay you get your 40% but only get about onother 5-10% off for having a residents card).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kaiser, What's a Tignes "Gold Ambassodor" then...?

I'm guessing its not going to be of any use to me though!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
P10DW wrote:
A Grand Massif (265Km) season pass comes at 419 Euros and includes various daypasses for other areas ranging as far as Verbier and Courmayeur. Available to all until 15th December.

I think those 3 free day passes are a reciprocal thing across all of the Haute Savoie areas, if they were the little blue cards you handed in titled - Ski Decouverte de la Haute-Savoie.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
midgetbiker, yes in PDS with our season passes we get 3 free days in the Haute Savoie and then 3 half price days in Switzerland.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulbeard wrote:
Kaiser, What's a Tignes "Gold Ambassodor" then...?

I'm guessing its not going to be of any use to me though!!

Someone who has an apartment there and rents it out weekly and has had it inspected by the tourist board people there. I think it comes into effect after three years of doing so and gets you perks like free entry into the sports centre for a number of times and half price lift passes etc.

I can look up more if you are interested, there is a stack of bumpf in my files somewhere!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Salzburg Super Ski Card - 2,200km of slopes, 23 major ski regions, 510 euros if you buy before 5th Dec

http://www.salzburgsuperskicard.com/ab/eng/index.html

I'll be getting mine very soon!! Very Happy wink
latest report
Phew - at last an Austrian Area! The Kitzbüheler Alpen AllStarCard (covers Kitzbühel, SkiWelt, Wildschönau, Alpbach, Schneewinkl-St. Johann, etc., Saalbach/Hinterglemm/Leogang, Zell am See, Kitzsteinhorn) is also good value at €510 before 5th December (€570 thereafter). At only €20 the season ticket for the Kitzbühel area alone seems fantastic! You have to be 80+, though (I'm working on it; €425,50 for 70+).

There is also a Tiroler SnowCard for €590 which covers a huge range of areas throughout Tirol. The catch there is that you have to live/work in Tirol. For someone at the east end of Tirol I still find the Kitzbüheler Alpen pass better.
latest report
Now it can't be said I don't forward plan- I have already got this year sorted - but 10/11! Are these discounts the sort that are normally available, because if so I might plan that season around my pass rather than doing a Switzerland/Italy/ France kind of year!
snow conditions
Sleipnir, espri, Still torn between which to buy! Both seem to be considerably less than any of the French ones and offering a damned sight more skiing, albeit at " a very low level" so obviously they can't be snow-sure! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps I'll get both - still less than a MBU season pass wink rolling eyes

Sue Laughing

[edited for spelling]
snow conditions
Midget, you're looking at it the wrong way. For 750 Euros you get acess to Cham, Verbier + 4 valleys (no supplement this year), courmayeur + Toula Glacier and 3 days at PdS for when there's no Viz higher up. That is simply the best ski area on one pass anywhere in the world Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Both seem to be considerably less than any of the French ones

without wanting to start another Franco-Austrian propaganda war, no they aren't, though they do sound good value. Several cheaper French ones have been mentioned on this thread already.
snow report
midgetbiker wrote:
Maybe I'm just helping to justify to myself the cash I'm going to blow again this season, as this thread is making it obvious how dear the MBU is even with an early buyer discount.
I was doing the same yesterday while staring with disbelief at the price increase for the MBU season pass! Although I'll save on ski hire this year I'm not entirely sure I can justify paying that much for a pass... although I'll give it my best shot Toofy Grin
ski holidays
paulbeard wrote:
We're not going to be able to get out for the whole season again for a good few years but after a long time of thinking about it we're going to get out boarding in our campervan and hope to get at least 4 weeks in, which makes it worth considering a season pass...especially if you can get hefty discounts for buying it early.

I thought it might be handy to have a thread with bargain season pass deals so to start the ball rolling I'll chuck this in - Grand Massif ski area is selling lift passes for 419 euro if bought before 15th December. That's a healthy half price!

Anyone else know of any cheap deals or unadvertised deals that only resort-regulars know about?!

you can get cantonal passes in CH if you look hard enough, all have discounts around this time of year.
latest report
Pamski, is the 20% discount for home owners advertised anywhere?
snow conditions
garyscott20, not that I can see! but we have had it for the last 9 years or so. Now we just rock up with last year's passes which say something about it on them - not to say that I don't usually create a bit of a flap and try and find bills with our Les Gets address on them, and then when we get down to the office they just do it with the previous pass.

For the life of me I can't remember how we first were given the discount - I think we just asked. I expect it will get taken away one day....
latest report
Thanks Pamski, I will give it a try
ski holidays
Anyone know of similar early-bird discounts on 3V season passes? Can't find any mention of this on the web...
latest report
d.brophy wrote:
Anyone know of similar early-bird discounts on 3V season passes? Can't find any mention of this on the web...

Same rules as paradiski really as mentioned above - discounts for property owners and workers only.

It's only 7.14 euro per day for a whole season, not much more than a coke in courchevel
ski holidays
Another vote for Austria here Very Happy

Amade season pass - €425 before 5 December. 860km of pistes over 25 resorts (inc Bad Gastein, Schladming, 3Vs of Alpendorf/Wagrain/Flachau, Zauchensee/Altenmarkt)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett wrote:
It's only 7.14 euro per day for a whole season, not much more than a coke in courchevel

Yeah, don't get me wrong, €990 for a whole season in 3V is great value compared to the weekly passes! But - if there's a discount to be had, I'm there!

I was actually really surprised to see that some resorts give discounts for buying early. I would have expected discounts for buying late in the season, but not early...
snow conditions
Quote:

I would have expected discounts for buying late in the season, but not early...

cash flow. we will buy ours in November and will pay (on the basis that we expect to be on the slopes about 60 days during the season) around 5 euros a day. snowHead And the more often we get out, the cheaper it becomes. wink
ski holidays
paulbeard, the pass that I bought also covered Avoriaz (I would have gone insane in just Les Gets/ Morzine. However that was a workers pass and you needed a contract or letter from your employer to get one.

Andy
ski holidays
pam w wrote:

cash flow. we will buy ours in November and will pay (on the basis that we expect to be on the slopes about 60 days during the season) around 5 euros a day. snowHead And the more often we get out, the cheaper it becomes. wink

Nope once you have bought it its a sunk cost then every day you ski for free wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy