Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode to quit?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can FIS afford to ignore him? Bode has spoken his mind in today's Denver Post diary column, threatening to quit the system and set up a new circuit to rival the FIS World Cup. More details on www.snowracers.net
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E97%257E2700242,00.html

(p.s. is snowracers separate to snowheads - do I need to register separately?)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a separate database, so reregistration needed... sorry!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The FIS has ruled the roost for decades now - there have been umpteen attempts to launch renegade freestyle circuits, dual slaloms, breakaway speed skiing associations etc. etc. The FIS have been criticised for being conservative ever since I can remember.

Obviously TV will chase the more sensational and dangerous fringes of the sport, but where the FIS has always been clever is being able to say to the racing/competitive community that they can assure a superior level of safety and consistency year-in, year-out.

I would have thought Bode Miller would be the last kind of person wanting to embroil himself in the international organisation of skiing. It's probably a load of hot air. Let's see him put his money - or rather other people's money - where his mouth is.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Overconfident, 'venerable' sporting institutions have been brought down before. Complacency would be a mistake. Miller's concern for the sport he loves, his dissatisfaction with the demonstrably inadequate compensation that reaches those athletes just outside a tiny 'elite' is to be admired, in my opinion. Given his achievements he stands to gain little from standing up for those less fortunate than himself. It's good to see someone with the guts to speak out against the establishment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
It's good to see someone with the guts to speak out.

I don't know anything about the specific issue, but I too admire outspokenness. There's a hell of a lot of control freakery about that limits freedom of speech through contracts - not just in the sporting world.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After Bode had ensured his overall title in the World Cup over last weekend, in interviews he hinted once again at his hopes for a rival circuit, suggesting this could happen as early as next year.

Report in today's Denver Post:

Quote:
"I think right now the fact that FIS (International Ski Federation) is the only avenue to success in skiing makes things stagnant".

Quote:
"I think they feel the same way as me, that the FIS abuses its position. If you're not buying into the whole FIS program, then you just don't ski race".

Quote:
"For people who have been involved in the sport a long time, it's intoxicating to have a really good conversation about starting from scratch and being able to fix all the things that are screwed up about our current situation. The more I have conversations with people, the more excited I get".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy