Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dad and son skiing in Lech in Feb-March 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to ski with my son in Lech late Feb or early march 2010. He's 17 and has skied once before I'm 49 and have skied a lot in the past. I like the idea of a chalet as it seems a little friendlier than a big hotel- is anyone else planning anything similar? would anyone else be interested?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skido, Welcome to snowHead s. There's a group of 7 of us heading to St Anton for annual boys trip there on 27th Feb for a week. We're already booked so can't help out I'm afraid - Lech is great for going with wife/family and will be a great place for your son to hone his skills.

I've stayed in Oberlech twice - once with family and once as couples. I've never stayed in a chalet in Austria and always stayed in either b&b's for the boys trip or 4 star/4 star superior hotels with family (although not this year as on a budget). I've always found the hotels very welcoming and prefer that to the catered chalet option as you get to meet people from all over world, not just the UK. Would highly recommend the Montana in Oberlech for the food, service standards and location. Not cheap mind you to stay there but eating out is actually fine - say €10 per head for lunch with beer.

Good luck with your search. If you've not been to Lech before you'll love it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Boabski,

The reason for the chalet was to keep the costs down and to help us meet up with other people. I haven't found any chalet actualy in Lech that is suitable yet (the only one I have seen was far too far from the lift ). But there are a couple in nearby Zug with access to tthe main Lech ski area.
I will have to try another boys trip (perhaps next year). Hope you have a good one and thanks for your comments.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skido, if it isn't a silly question, why are you going to Lech if you're trying to keep costs down?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skido - there is a very efficient ski bus service linking the various areas around Lech, so don't be too put off by distance to slopes/lifts. Have you looked at Ski Total's two chalet hotels in Lech? I have stayed in the Alexandra and can certainly recommend it and there is a bus stop right outside the boot room. The Sonneck is further out of town but has a pool and yet another bus stop outside. Ski hosting is offered and is a good way to get to know all the other guests. Lech will not disappoint!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pam,

I know it sounds a little odd, but the resort was my primary consideration and I having heard very good reports about Lech I thought would be spot on for us. My second consideration was money, so having chosen the resort the question was how to try to keep cost down with cheaper accommodation etc (perhaps relatively cheap would have been better description)

Janska,

Thanks for that I will check them out this week coming, but what is ski hosting?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skido, yes, I'm sure it's a great resort - somewhere I've always fancied going, in fact.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skido - one of the reps will ski with a group of guests so you can get to know the runs/restaurants. If we have been on our own, we have found this a great way to get to know the other guests. You usually need to be confident on red runs, although they tend to start off on blues. It isn't a substitute for lessons however.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skido, Stuben is a much cheaper base for that area and there are some catered chalets there run by Dutch company www.chatle.nl Hotel Post in Stuben is a pretty busy place (by Stuben standards anyway). Stuben will cost around half the price of Lech
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski - thanks I will check that out as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm trying to decide where to go with my 10 year old daughter, the week before Xmas - always good value! Prices seem high compared to last year, we went to Obergurgl, so would love to hear of good alternatives, with reliable snow for early season. I need something more challenging than Ober, and as am on my own would love to meet up with others...... I prefer to ski in company!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have only been to Obergurgl in the summer so I can't comment on the skiing, but I know its a high resort at least for Austria. So that should load the dice in favour of better snow, but it sounds rather risky on the snow front. If you realy want to go before Xmas I would suggest going as high as you can and go somewhere with a glacier.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obergurgl has a glacier and is close to Solden, also a glacier.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cipria, you could be pretty sure of both snow AND challenge at Tignes - though that early in the season the off-piste is likely to be still very rocky. If you went to Tignes you might well find some Snowheads there at the same time - though it can be pretty bleak if the weather is bad.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy