Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads, garrulous twits, errant twoddle

Poster: A snowHead
Ah yes I forgot, numpty Embarassed

Unfortunately it seemed in context, although looking back it sticks out like a sore thumb. Still don'tknow what funny fellow started life as though. Sad
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A friend of a banker, perhaps?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh yes. but why funny fellow?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree - hairy hands might be better.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does it say something about me that I got funny fellow in two tries?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Could be you're going blind Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who said that Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
that was blind, not deaf, Ian!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're working in a visual medium - I couldn't 'see' who'd 'spoken' Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh, you guys kill me. Always good for cheering entertainment just by logging on and reading some of the threads or do I just have a weird sense of humour?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
this isn't meant to be funny.

BTW, do I come here often?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
funny fellow may get changed - but its plural gets through...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm rather ashamed, and just a little bit pleased, that I spotted one for admin to add to the list: mummy's little sweetie!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Oh, you guys kill me. Always good for cheering entertainment just by logging on and reading some of the threads or do I just have a weird sense of humour?

me too - I must have the same weird sense of humour if so cos this thread has had me giggling... lol Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt wrote:
It would be interesting to know how many of the 20000 plus members of the skiclub

6) have ever heard of, or care about, the Internet
snow report
David Steven, u mean "funny fellows"?
latest report
o yeah - that's right. does work!
snow report
Quote:

"My advice is if non-members feel the loss of the forum, then join the SCGB and start participating again. I am at last getting really bored by all this whingeing by a minority of garrulous twits. So clear off to Snowheads of whatever you are called and get on with it. Remember there are 20000 plus members who could not give an iota for the errant twoddle that you have trotted out since Feb 5. So get a life, join the SCGB, or just buzz off!!"

It would appear that the author of the above comments has now himself 'cleared off' to Snowheads judging by the 'welcome to our newest member' message tonight Exclamation

If you can't beat 'em join 'em eh?
snow report
Sarah, don't go stirring it too much. David's Ski Club post was copied here before Laura moderated it, and David did subsequently apologise. So let's treat that as water under the bridge and welcome David here along with any other Ski Club refugees. Little Angel
latest report
yeah, welcome David...
snow report
Pete Horn, ooops didn't realise that, sorry Embarassed
snow conditions
That's alright, let's be one big happy family at snowHeads snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Those who post under real names rather than pseudonyms are doubly welcome, in my book.
ski holidays
Hear, hear.

Whoops! Wink
latest report
Yes indeed Murple, or should I say Pete?! Very Happy
ski holidays
What's a real name?
ski holidays
It's on your birth certificate, passport, and the mail that arrived on your doormat this morning.

By the way, Wear The Fox Hat has a question mark at the end of it. Are you the real Where The Fox Hat?? [double question mark]
snow report
I thought the question mark only appeared in posts originating from Ireland David Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, Who is "Where The Fox Hat?"
That makes no gramatical or intellectual sense, so maybe you could explain it to me.
"Wear The Fox Hat" is my internet persona. Sometimes I shorten it to WTFH, just for speed of typing, and to give some people the opportunity to come up with interesting variations on the acronym.
What's in a name anyway?
As for my passport, it doesn't even start with my real name, neither does my birth certificate, and most of the mail I receive is addressed to "The Occupier"! snowHead
ski holidays
Ah ha I know his name ....... but I'm not telling Laughing however his picture can be found on my webpage of snowHeads pics currently it's the one at the bottom cos he's the most recent addition !

Snowhead Pics
snow report
Excellent choice of ski boots Foxy Cool

Now wear the fox my blinkin' car keys?
snow conditions
Well - I have succumbed - and joined Snowheads I am the one that called Jayne Durham et al " garrulous twits" for which I have apologised unreservedly. At least my outburst created a talking point. but I had no wish to offend.
I have been as member of the Ski Club for more than 30 years ( joined in Lenzerheide in '72) and was saddened at the conflict that was brewing and lashed out which was was not very professional. My apologies to all.
ski holidays
Not being involved in it all, it's very easy for me to say "forgive and forget", so I'll leave that to those closer to the whole thing.

However, welcome - and we look forward to your contribution! But if you call me a garrulous twit, I'll... I'll... probably agree. Laughing
snow report
DAVID SNELL, welcome to snowHeads. If I knew what a "garrulous twit" was, I might have been offended. But, I'm an ignorant American, so I blissfully enjoyed the commentary... Wink

I think you'll find a lot interesting here, and a few really helpful folks. I hope you'll join in the conversations at full force.

Again, welcome. We're glad to have you! snowHead Cool
snow report
welcome David - glad you made it over from the other side...
snow conditions
Welcome David, you will find this forum very informative, and entertaining at times. Please do not hesitate to contribute and start threads. All is forgiven snowHead Cool

Meanwhile I have a few more dragons to slay on the other side Cool But for the next week, skiing Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
DAVID SNELL, I think some of us were secretly impressed that you and a couple of others stood up and tried to defend the Club's position. It is easy to get a bit heated when everyone seems against you. No hard feelings. Welcome. This site could do with a bit of passion. If snowheads has a fault (and nothing is perfect) it is just a little too civilised.
snow report
Jonpim, you can take your "too civilised" and just...

Oh...

Ahem...

That's right; I'm supposed to behave. I forgot... Embarassed

Wink Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
Hi David - welcome to snowHeads! We're always looking for a diversity of views here... Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy