Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shane McConkey

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hyweljenkins wrote:
buckers, you're a tosser. What's the scam? This:
Quote:
After I have got together enough money to get one of these for myself

Nothing like a bit of altruism, is there?

hyweljenkins,

I don't really get your animosity on the subject.

Not thinking much of the cause is your prerogative off course. But some your "worthy" causes will be insignificant to others...

I also certainly understand your initial confusion about the funding of the OP's own shirt, as e.g. Sideshow_Bob was, but I think subsequent posts have clarified the situation. In particular this one:
RosigLOL wrote:
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
RosigLOL, so you're not going to pay for your own t-shirt?

I paid for mine.

Why are you being so agressive (rather than simply uninterested..)? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kruisler, possibly because rather than helping clarify it, he's been getting it from all sides. That tends to make people defensive.

No dramas, everyone will cheer up once it starts snowing again...

Just another day on the wonder that is the internet - eh?! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To paraphrase Anchorman...

"hyweljenkins... I believe it's meaning comes from an ancient Welsh word meaning a whale's vagina."
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now Now children do I have to come round and put you all on the bold step play nice
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ordhan wrote:
...the bold step...

Is that the shiny white one...?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FlyingStantoni, reminds me of a Jill Dando joke, very bad taste...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Personally I think RosigLOL's idea is a nice thought, but an appallingly inefficient way of giving money to the family.

Not knowing anything about their circumstances, I do also wonder how much the family need the money. If Shane McConkey didn't earn a very good living out of skiing then there's no hope for anyone.

If this were Richard Hammond, for instance, would people necessarily be looking at supporting the family?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
FlyingStantoni, reminds me of a Jill Dando joke, very bad taste...

Oh...

Do tell....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
Personally I think RosigLOL's idea is a nice thought, but an appallingly inefficient way of giving money to the family.

Not knowing anything about their circumstances, I do also wonder how much the family need the money. If Shane McConkey didn't earn a very good living out of skiing then there's no hope for anyone.

If this were Richard Hammond, for instance, would people necessarily be looking at supporting the family?

I THINK the intention is to get a T-Shirt, but he needs 30 orders - the charity giving is a happy bonus.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni,

The tribute to the guy is good idea but I won't get a t-shirt because the design and price do not do it for me and as per you I can't really imagine that money is that much of an issue..at least compared to other people...

Shimmy Alcott, I hope that is not the case...It 'd be silly of it was. Our ski group is looking at having some polo shirts done foor a trip to austria and we've been quoted £12 a shirt for an order of about 15... so £25 a shirt and a minimum order of 30 is not competitive, royalties or not...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler wrote:
FlyingStantoni,

The tribute to the guy is good idea but I won't get a t-shirt because the design and price do not do it for me and as per you I can't really imagine that money is that much of an issue..at least compared to other people...

Shimmy Alcott, I hope that is not the case...It 'd be silly of it was. Our ski group is looking at having some polo shirts done foor a trip to austria and we've been quoted £12 a shirt for an order of about 15... so £25 a shirt and a minimum order of 30 is not competitive, royalties or not...

Kruiser, it's because it's Howies. 100% Organic cotton, really well made, last forever.

You can make £12 shirts on spreadshirt.net but Teepay is designed so you can give your money to charity also. I just thought it was a good idea. You could easily buy no t shirts and make a £25 donation, but I thought I'd try this.

Apparently they are unable to make 100% of the royalties go to ShaneMcConkey.org so they made it the maximum, 99%.

from Jon Heslop <jon>
date 25 September 2009 09:09
subject Re: McConkey shirt
09:09 (2 hours ago)

Hey,

We can't change descriptions sorry...

I have added that your royaltee will go to ShaneMcConkey.org

for some very strange reason it wont let me write 100%!!! i will look into it
So for the mean time it says 99%

sorry about that

Thanks

Jon