Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off-piste guide Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone hired a guide in or around Ischgl? Going there in March and want to pay for a day with a guide as a Christmas present for my boyfriend, does anyone have any recommendations? The Ischgl webpage gives an email address but not much info.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is now almost ages ago that I had been in Ischgl (used to go there three times a year in the 1980ies). However, the principal layout of the ski area has not changed that much (though the lifts got modernized, a lot of off-piste area is now groomed and the village has changed significantly to the worse). Off-piste potential in Ischgl is quite significantly, both in the vicinity of the pistes as well as when doing short hikes. There is now a freeride-map available for Ischgl (EUR 19,50): Freeride Maps. I do have some of these maps for Swiss resorts and the quality is o.k.

I cannot say much about guides but there is strict regulation in Austria who would be allowed to do ski guiding in the off-piste area. So you are o.k. if you just use the info on the Ischgl webpage. As far as I know the ski schools offer some standard packages (i.e. off-piste skiing from Visnitzkogel down to Kappl etc.). If you chose to have your own guide for a day you just can talk with him/her about your preferences. The guide will show you what he/she thinks fits your preferences and abilities and is safe enough for the prevalent snow/avalanche conditions.

If you are into touring (or you would like to try it once) the Piz Val Gronda would be interesting (skinning about 1.5 hours) from the piste around Zeblasjoch.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lynseyf, best bet is if he or you both join a pre-arranged group or it will be very expensive. A guide will be charging 350eu or so a day..

Or.............. pop down to the ski school office and see if they do ski school off-piste days where you all meet up at a designated time on the day and you get paired up then.. Zermatt does this, for example, and since Ischgl does not have a glacier you should end up with an Instructor as your 'guide'.

If you don't like the idea of this, or want the full beans, then you will be paying the above for a UIAGM.

The ski school off-piste route should cost around 60eu per person...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT, Yes he would be looking to join a group, I paid for him to go with a guide in Zermatt last year from a recommendation I found on here, just wondering if anyone else had done any guided off-piste in Ischgl. He skis off-piste anyway but obviously a guide would hopefully take you places you wouldn't find/want to go on your own.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out Family Lorenz based in Galtur. They used to arrange all the heli skiing (b4 it was banned) & off piste in the valley.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy