Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go in Dolomiti Superski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to go in March for a week.

Want somewhere that has decent apres. For reference - places I like are St. Anton, Mayrhofen, Val d' I. - so wanted your opinion on where to go in the Superski area. Ski-n/out or close to lifts would be advantageous.

Saying that, we are not tied down to this particular area, but wanted to go somewhere we haven't been before, so that rules out St. Anton, Mayrhofen, Val d'Isere and Flims.

Stewart.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
europa, Selva is probably the liveliest resort, the majority German visitors seem to find somewhere to enjoy beer o'clock, but it's not as manic as St Anton or Ischgl.

The mountain bar at Piz Seteur begins the proceedings at about 3.30 with podium dancers twice a week, then a boozy cruise back into the village where La Stua or Luislkeller take up the baton, the late night brigade head down to Dali nightclub in their D&G.

Here's a round-up of some more places:

http://www.ultimate-ski.com/Ski-Resorts/Italy/Val_Gardena/Apres-ski/index.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Luigi, very helpful. Don't suppose you can recommend anywhere to stay in Selva? Is it mainly chalets or hotels. Looking for something fairly nice, but not 'break the bank' luxury!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
europa, this thread might be helpful to you, no particular recommendation as quality is usually good throughout, other than look at the location in relation to the lifts as some hotels are a long walk/bus ride away, depends if you want to go DIY or package, but there are some S/C apartments as well as rooms in hotels and chalets:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1388098
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed twice in Selva....

First time was at Hotel Linder....a block to the gondola. and about a block to a few of the bars. Decent hotel with good home cooked meals. There are also several other hotels near Linder.

Second time we stayed at Hotel Acadia....ski in ski out, right next to the kiddie slopes. It was an uphill drag lift then down the backway to the main goldola in the am. Great for end of day, as there were several umbrella bars in that area on the slopes. I really loved this hotel, and the food. A little more gourmet/fancy than the Linder. My hubby liked Linder.

There was also a ski rental right across and down a bit from the Acadia that we used the second time.
Great time!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Selva. We stayed at the incredible Hotel Tyrol which I can't recommend highly enough. It's around the corner from a drag which leads on to the Dantercepies Gondola (short walk).

See trip advisor for review of hotel, it really is quite an experience. It's more the way you are looked after than the actual luxury of the hotel. The food is superb and plentiful. The wellness centre has about 5 saunas (1 outside, 1 for bad backs), 3 jacuzzis (1 outside, 1 epsom salts), hammam, small pool and relaxation area. First time none of us had morning stiffness.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy