Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: PYRENEES 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
easiski wrote:
metalhead132, But it won't do you any good with a new baby at home will it? Your brother is probably just trying to get over his epic Serre chevalier week too. Very Happy

My son was born on January 9, now I do not sleep very much, but when I adapt to the " new schedule " I will return in search of snow

Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

but when I adapt to the " new schedule "

in about 2 years time, then?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"mountainbugs" mum came down to look after our new born the last couple of days which worked very well with the new snow:

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Incredible report from the central Pyrenées (spanish side, and a little incursion to french side)

http://climaynievepirineos.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=26348#26348
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm all booked up, so will be over soon snowHead Just hope it continues for the next few weeks. Baqueira here I come....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
metalhead132 wrote:
Incredible report from the central Pyrenées (spanish side, and a little incursion to french side)

http://climaynievepirineos.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=26348#26348

There are some fantastic photo's in that collection. There weather is calm in the Central Pyrenees at the moment, with empty slopes and great snow. Light cloud and not too cold - great conditions generally all around.

Next snow due Wed/Thurs with the hint of some decent amounts at the weekend turning colder again next week.

There was a long article yesterday in the "Depeche" the newspaper that covers the Midi Pyrenees talking about the massive number of British skiers going in and out of Toulouse each Sunday. Its just a pity that these are nearly all heading to Andorra as they are missing a great experience in both the French and Spanish Pyrenees.

Latest snow depths:

Baqueira Beret 105/165
Peyragudes 80/110
Superbagneres 70/90
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Guide, do you have a source for a avalanche report in English for the area. When I've looked before I can only find Catalan and google doesn't translate yet !

+++++++++++

After looking:

http://www.igc.cat/web/gcontent/en/allaus/igc_allaus_butlleti.php

If you click the area you need you get

http://www.igc.cat/web/gcontent/en/allaus/igc_allaus_butlleti_occ_grafic.php

Which is excellent.

this looks a very useful tool should you be thinking about a trip or buying an apartment wink http://www.icc.cat/msbdac/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
david@mediacopy,
This is what i have used in the past http://france.meteofrance.com/france/montagne?LIEUID=ANDORRE

Although this is Andorra, it cover the surrounding area.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dypcdiver, Cheers - Is there a UK version for these or is it a Google job for non French speakers ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
david@mediacopy wrote:
Ski Guide, do you have a source for a avalanche report in English for the area. When I've looked before I can only find Catalan and google doesn't translate yet !

+++++++++++

After looking:

http://www.igc.cat/web/gcontent/en/allaus/igc_allaus_butlleti.php

If you click the area you need you get

http://www.igc.cat/web/gcontent/en/allaus/igc_allaus_butlleti_occ_grafic.php

Which is excellent.

this looks a very useful tool should you be thinking about a trip or buying an apartment wink http://www.icc.cat/msbdac/

The site that covers Baqueira is good, though a mix of English and Catalan but easy to understand. For our area I generally just follow the daily announcement from each resort though with meteo.fr you can get some detail though only in French.

http://france.meteofrance.com/france/montagne?MONTAGNE_PORTLET.path=montagnebulletinneige/DEPT31

For info they have been blasting most days to try and break up some of the slab that has formed under the powder of the last week. It is mainly moderate to high across the region.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For Val d'Aran you have an special website. Is really really useful that apart from snow report a, latest snow profiles, last avalanche reports, it also brings information on all Aran subvalleys about avalanche activity, exposed areas, where the roads or tracks are barried by snow. Really useful for ski mountainering.

The problem for you could be maybe that only is in 3 languages (catalan, spanish and aranes, another language that speaks people from Aran Valley), but you can try to contact by email if you have specific questions.

http://www.lauegi.conselharan.org/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AlTom, Cheers, I meant to look there but hadn't got around to it. I spent the season in the Val D'aran a couple of years ago - so really looking forward to coming back.

This is one of the pages I was trying to find again:

http://www.lauegi.conselharan.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=210&Itemid=150

It's great that you can access the original data, I just wish I could interpret it !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom, I don't suppose you fancy doing a little translation ? The key to the chart is here:

http://www.lauegi.conselharan.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=153
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Cheers - Is there a UK version for these or is it a Google job for non French speakers ?

Sorry, but none I know of, however I find the avalanche risk is quite easy to translate Laughing
On a more serious note, I seem to remember seeing a list of French terms for weather forecast translated to English, might have been on http://www.henrysavalanchetalk.com/
latest report
Dypcdiver wrote:

Sorry, but none I know of, however I find the avalanche risk is quite easy to translate Laughing

I guess, but I like to have a bit of background info if it's available, especially as '3 - Considerable' is pretty common Very Happy
snow conditions
A bit of a miserable day here in the Central Pyrenees today. Light snow falling but total white out conditions with visibility only just over 5 metres at times. Above the tree line was hopeless. Snow still falling overnight down to approximately 1000m with more forecast for tomorrow.

Lets hope the vis improves rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Just back from a great week in Baqueira, plenty of snow especially on the cannon coverered slopes but the reported 105/165 on the web site might be a bit ambitious in some places, but is probably why some of the pistes are closed.
Solei was open some of the time we were there but closed more ... as it seems some of the southish facing slopes, like Ticolet and Dossau, suffer a bit more than the others.

The fresh powder we had on Thursday was excellent, especially as we were the first on it on the Bonaigua side.

More details and photos later.
snow report
Ski Guide wrote:
A bit of a miserable day here in the Central Pyrenees today. Light snow falling but total white out conditions with visibility only just over 5 metres at times. Above the tree line was hopeless. Snow still falling overnight down to approximately 1000m with more forecast for tomorrow.

Monday at Superbagneres so much better. Visibility improved and the snow was fantastic with 5cm of fresh on top of well groomed pistes. Excellent all round!!

The slopes were empty, just a few mad guests (and their host) wearing tartan for Burns night. Smile Smile Smile
latest report
[quote="Ski Guide"]
Ski Guide wrote:

After the snow and poor visibility the sun came out. What a fantastic day at Peyragudes (80cm/110cm). The pistes were in excellent condition and the off piste in the protected bowls was still great. Hard moguls in some areas but nothing too taxing.

Early indications are that this coming weekend is going to see some significant snowfall across the Pyrenees - though still unclear as to just how much. Watch this space!!

UPDATED 28/01. 10cm of fresh snow overnight at Peyragudes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Nice....and more snow coming now!! This weekend forecast start to become nice, I'll take monday as a day off to ski it properly rolling eyes snowHead snowHead
snow report
AlTom, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
The snow started Thursday night:

New snow reported: Baqueira 30cm, Superbagneres 20cm, Peyragudes 15cm. More due today and tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm counting down the days Happy How's Superbagneres skiing at the mo ? I'm tempted to have a day over from Baqueira.
snow conditions
Snowing hard in Bareges. 25cm reported up in the Tourmalet resort last night, and it hasn't let up all day, so it is going to be pretty significant by tomorrow. The Lienz area opened this morning, which will bring the resort close to 100% open. We have fantastic skiing conditions, and the slopes are still really quiet prior to the February holidays....just wish I didn't have to stay at home and look after our baby (lovely as she is!)...sob sob, so much powder and so little time.
snow conditions
Mountainbug wrote:
Snowing hard in Bareges. 25cm reported up in the Tourmalet resort last night, and it hasn't let up all day, so it is going to be pretty significant by tomorrow. The Lienz area opened this morning, which will bring the resort close to 100% open. We have fantastic skiing conditions, and the slopes are still really quiet prior to the February holidays....just wish I didn't have to stay at home and look after our baby (lovely as she is!)...sob sob, so much powder and so little time.

Hi Mountainbug

Hope the little one is enjoying her first winter though she is probably oblivious to the great conditions that we have.

Baqueira Beret was fantastic yesterday, and reported 30cm of new powder this morning. The snow has been fairly relentless here in the central Pyrenees with Superbagneres reporting 20cm yesterday and Peyragudes 15cm, though on top of that there will be at least another 20cm from today and hopefully more overnight.

With any luck it will be first lifts in the morning to play off piste for an hour or two.

Last weeks guests had a ball - finishing off with an awesome day at Baqueira (thanks for all the laughs guys).

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Really nice today, knowing how different winds and storms affect each valley is good to decide the day plan!! Today skinned the Font Blanca (2904m) in Andorra and found there between 40-50cm of new fluffy snow!! Shocked Shocked Shocked In the first slope (500m of S3-S4) faceshots!!! Amazing!! More than 1000m of descent with this conditions and being the first one it's a pretty present for us Laughing Laughing

The downside is opening the skinnig up, tiring, but after the descent like this you never remember it, jeje.
Tomorrow try Arcalis, maybe still some hidden lines to ski...
snow report
Amazing day at Guzet today 40cms fresh on top of a great base.....think I'll try Ax tomorrow!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LasLaous wrote:
Amazing day at Guzet today 40cms fresh on top of a great base.....think I'll try Ax tomorrow!

Absolutely the best day at Superbagneres. Up to 50cm of light and dry powder to make plenty of first tracks. What a great week this has been. Baqueira, Super and Peyragudes at in fantastic condition.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Some photos....

skinning up the deep stuff like a worm:

Finally, our reward..
snow conditions
Quote:

Baqueira Beret was fantastic yesterday, and reported 30cm of new powder this morning.

Just back from Baqueira last night. 30cm of fresh powder on Sat as Ski Guide, reported but also another 30cm overnight into Sunday which meant soft stuff almost everywhere you turned, or fell. wink

Visibility was reasonable in the morning but then bad at the peaks until the sun came out around 1.30pm. When we left at 4.30 it seemed that the sky was clearing completely and today's view on the webcam is superb! See http://www.baqueira.es/webcams/web-baqueira/web-baqueira-1800.

The pistes were getting a bit too bumpy for my tastes, especially the runs back to our hotel. I would hope that clear skies and some grooming will make for perfect conditions this week.
snow report
Awesome day at Peyragudes yesterday. The sun was out, the slopes were empty and the off piste was fantastic and hadn't been all tracked out from the weekend. After two days of powder the legs are being rested today.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Ski Guide, Nice conditions over Pyrenees, and also nice forecasts for next 10 days....

I put more photos of weekend in my blog: http://berniboom.blogspot.com
snow conditions
The resorts of the central Pyrenees continue to provide fantastic skiing. Good snow depths and well groomed pistes are ready for the mad Zone B (Toulouse) next week and Zone C (Bordeaux) the week after. Temperatures are dropping significantly and with light snow falling on and off for a couple of days now the conditions are superb.

For those like us that are working it will be manic however our guests will reap the rewards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Ski Guide wrote:
The resorts of the central Pyrenees continue to provide fantastic skiing. Good snow depths and well groomed pistes are ready for the mad Zone B (Toulouse) next week and Zone C (Bordeaux) the week after. Temperatures are dropping significantly and with light snow falling on and off for a couple of days now the conditions are superb.

For those like us that are working it will be manic however our guests will reap the rewards. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Even more snow fell than forecast with 15cm overnight on top of at least 10cm the day before. Poor visibility this morning at Superbagneres was replaced with blue skies and a number of 1st tracks in delicious powder.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm getting excited .... Skiing in Baqueira on Sunday Cool
latest report
Still snowing here in Bareges and the Pic du Midi is looking lovely (might need to wait for Monday for conditions to settle down to allow it to be skiied again though). Lots of snow but very wind blown the last couple of days: Powder conditions and all runs/lifts open.

Here are a few Pics from the taken a couple of days ago:

snowHead
snow report
Awesome today at Arcalís. The lifts were closed the last 2 days to wind/cold/snow...so powder day today....

A couple of pics:

As always, more photos in my blog:
http://berniboom.blogspot.com
ski holidays
AlTom, "Powcalis"! You don't have to speak Spanish to understand that! Nice work and surely a great day Very Happy

Looks like you've got some great terrain there!
snow report
trying to get th OH to agree to a few days over easter 13-16 apr will andorra still be open
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy