Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just been offered free lift passes - Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The owners of the hotel we've stayed at for the last three years have just sent a letter offering us free lift passes for our stay if we book with them this season. Still too pricey though Sad This is for the Grandes Alpes...any one else had a similar offer? They must be worried about bookings - despite the Ruskies.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
...... Still too pricey though Sad .....

480 € cheapest per room per day during the main season? Stratospherically pricey for me - the lift-pass price becomes almost incidental. Interesting that they are worried about their bookings, though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, we've had great deals through iglu.com, maybe its because we have the family room during term time?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, some very reasonable deals there (though I didn't see the Grandes Alpes for the sample week I dropped in to check). I'll bear them in mind for the long term - though I think I just about have the coming season stitched up - Zinal, Wengen and the EOSB.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
€480 per day?

That's over half my total spend for an average week!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
does anyone actually pay the tariff price for a hotel room... the summer holiday i went on we were quoted one price by the hotel, expedia were 20% ish cheaper, called the hotel they couldn't match...booked with expedia...got to hotel on arriving the MD asks us who we booked through, told the story... he was astounded that his staff hadn't matched the price and promptly upgraded our room to an ocean view suite

so he lost out twice on the deal, but he seemed happy and i would highly recomend going there Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
First year we went it was about £120 pppn. Last year it was about £195. This year at New Year its priced at £3500 each for the week Laughing (in First choice I think). We dont go at New Year though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM wrote:
does anyone actually pay the tariff price for a hotel room... ..

I do when I can book the Lutins (at LDA) at €38/day Toofy Grin However, I know what you are getting at - but even allowing for the deals you should be able to get, €490/day is a very high starting point.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulio, pikey. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Damn straight.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

They must be worried about bookings - despite the Ruskies.

My son was working in Courchevel 1850 for some time last season - he had a few Russian guests (one of whom was the sister of that journalist allegedly killed by Putin's hired hands and a very interesting and pleasant woman) but the big spenders around the resort were apparently mainly the Saudis.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

480 € cheapest per room per day during the main season

Hmm that's about what I'm paying for an apartment for 2 of us for whole of half term week!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B, yeah, but you have to factor in that you'll need to buy your own bacon Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott, That buys an awful lot of bacon and pizzas (and even a liitle Swiss beer) wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B, I like bacon, what can I say Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy