Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
cockofthenorth, yes we have a very nice dump of rain at the moment Toofy Grin ....pretty average day for you then Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redrunmarcus, yes average is the word
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Piste condtions are very very good following the recent snowfall and in fact the best for a few weeks. The cold temperatures are playing a part in keeping the snow good. Yesterday the sun shone all day and we skied La Plagne with little ones in just great conditions. Anyone coming out will have a great week with more snow forecast tomorrow...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth, Hopefully lots of snowfall before Tuesday and then glorious sunshine for a week.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied down to Monty this pm and the snow is in good condition with only the last few hundred meters really slushy

Earlier in the day we'd skied to Villaroger for lunch and that was a LOT more challenging as we threaded our way down between the puddles/rocks and earth. Nice spag bol at La Ferme though wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, have you checked out the write up that pat has done on the www.salomonfreeski.com/uk on our day out with him. when on the site click onto "News" then scroll down to "La plagne". Good stuff for Monty. wink wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cockofthenorth, Great write up Very Happy the Couloir with no name Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here is a video of the red run into village today. Shows good conditions and mouth junior at 3 years and 3 months..

http://youtube.com/v/w8aQG1kEiI8
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mouth, Oh dear, he'll spend the rest of his time on ski's waiting for Mum and Dad to catch up Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cockofthenorth, thats cool we even get our picture on there -how are things -you had another BBQ yet I had to content myself with a trip to the Trafford Centre yesterday.................
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
redrunmarcus, had a great day today with chris, jerome, and marieka. The off piste was mega did the coqs and the powder was fantastic, then over the back side of Champagny that was great but started getting a bit wet with the sun blasting on that side. Went and did the small hike on that side where again the snow was mega. only two tracks on that face. then over to roche where we went of right at the tunnel and again only a few tracks had been down. Went to the friolin restaurant (v.good). then headed back to monty just missed the crete poma as it closed so we climed up to do the culoir which was a bit slidy at that time of the day but when you came out of it, knee deep powder was to be had!!!redrunmarcus, you are going to have to sod going back to work so early, honestly great snow to be had at this time of the year, of up to the NF tomorrow should be good!!!. I'll report in tomorrow to really pi** you off once again Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
See you there cockofthenorth, as a group of us are coming over as well snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good grief sounds like a SH meet on NF today and with Boredsurfing, arriving this pm quite a gang to enjoy this amazing snow!

Can't report on the off piste like cockofthenorth, but with mouth junior in tow we tend to stick to the pistes and can say they are all fabulous for this time of year. Village runs all good down to the last 100 metres of sno when becomes slushy. Bois de Crozelin closed but that has not stopped us skiing it (top half anyway).

Off skiing with NT Farmer and famille today Razz
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cockofthenorth, Mouth, Glad everyone is having a good time I have ladies day today................................................
cockofthenorth, You enjoy the NF and have a drink for me at the bottom snowHead Cool

Nice and grey in Lytham +6
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, I suppose I should be packing Very Happy see you for happy hour Very Happy
latest report
We had a great trip down the canadian today, but had to finish early as the snow is getting very soft later in the day. Did not meet cockofthenorth, and his gang but hope they also had a good trip which ever route they took. Over in Mont Albert for lunch tomorrow at the foropet about 12.30 if anyone is interested in joining us. Very Happy
ski holidays
Morning all Very Happy lovely dull and grey and warm, the weathers much the same this morning as well.
Great trip over even got an FOC upgrade of the hire car Very Happy
Lifts open but we have to wait until 10.00am to meet up with Mouth wink
ski holidays
Good days skiing with ntfarmer and family and Mouth and family. We are getting use to being asked how old Mouths little bullet is Toofy Grin
Today as he skied down the Grand Rochette black an English family stopped by us realising we were with him asked us his age 3 years 3 months! They commented that he was making it down more easily than they had (true!) Laughing

Conditions are still very good for April the snowfalls of last week have topped things up nicely its been very warm but still -2 at the top today Very Happy
snow conditions
Mouth, OMG how great is your little lad! Fantastic, so impressed. A Black!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Quote:

They commented that he was making it down more easily than they had

I'd love to see that! Saw some super little grommets yesterday, including one teeny little lass with an ESF instructor. He was getting her to jump both her skis as she slid gently down a slope, and she was trying so very hard. It's one of my favourite things, watching the teeniest skiers.
ski holidays
cockofthenorth, how was your day out? Been waiting for an update
snow report
redrunmarcus, yep excellent day i went with candice, jerome, yan and chris. the NF must of had some high winds the day before as the powder was quite dense. Candice wanted to traverse far right which caused a rather nice slide, so we had to be a little cautious. The traverse accross we had to have a fight with a few rocks so as it happened it was myself and candice who where left alone as the boys deceided to go down the main culoir. We ended up meeting them 3/4 of the way down so we had fresh tracks to ourselves which was nice to see from the vanoise express two tracks all by themselves Toofy Grin . We also got chance to see the heli come over and rescue a skiier whos ski had snapped in half Shocked Shocked they had to winch him off the hill Sad mind you i bet he enjoyed the ride Smile Smile I think its about done the old NF for the season unless we get anymore snowfalls?? (fingers crossed) but a great way to finish if it was my last descent of the season.
yesterday was piste skiing and lunch at the chaperon rouge (v.nice). On the way back I had the honour of skiing down to Monty with "mouth Bullet". my advise is get down to the bookies for the 2022 olympics!!!! Gold medal here we come Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Very Happy
Quote:

On the way back I had the honour of skiing down to Monty with "mouth Bullet". my advise is get down to the bookies for the 2022 olympics!!!! Gold medal here we come

If snowheads start sponsorship now now then he'll have no problems Laughing
snow report
cockofthenorth, Cool snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
Absolutely glorious sunny day outside. Expect temps to be warm today so best snow between now and about 2pm. Meeting Boredsurfing, and family in 30 mins for a cruise around the La Plagne pistes. Need sun cream of the highest factor today...... Report later with hopefully some pics as well.
snow report
Mouth, going back to the play park in Henley just won't be the same for the little fella will it ? Very Happy
ski holidays
Beautiful sunny cloudless day. Perfick day in the Alps, even managed to have the right level of clothing on Very Happy
Spent the am with Mouth and the bullet, boy does he ski well, we went from Montalbert all the way to the top of Arpette and then back down to Bellecote. He has got stamina for a 3 year old Very Happy
For the pm we went up Colorado and Verdons and down Mercedes and back to Montalbert using those little known shortcuts Toofy Grin
A happy hour or so was spent at l'arb with friends Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Yes as Boredsurfing, post says a great day. Snow in good condition until the afternoon but stay hight and all ok till about 3pm. Here we are on the slopes above Bellecote

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, cool Cool
snow report
New knees please Laughing
Spent the day with cockofthenorth,
and co.
One end of Paradiski to the other and a trip up to the LA glacier and back home again Very Happy

Beautiful sunny day again, stay high and the snow is still excellent snowHead
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, Have you tryed ebay for new knees, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Have a good trip home

Mouth, Hope you all can keep up with the bullet. C U in the Summer for the combineing. You may need to get some blocks glued to the sole of shoes if bullet wants to touch the peddels.
latest report
ntfarmer wrote:

[b]Mouth
, Hope you all can keep up with the bullet. .

The fact is I can't as this latest video shows... dad is following and filming. Mouth Junior aged 3 years and 4 months...

http://youtube.com/v/i-JhFTRX6N8

As you can see conditions still good and this was shot in Aime 2000
ski holidays
Mouth, wow impressive!!! Shocked

Does the bullet mind all that waiting around till Boredsurfing catches him up again?
ski holidays
Mouth, brilliant!!!!!
latest report
Mouth, are you doing next season as well...............................

if so please let me know where the small one will be skiing as I do not want to shown up.......... wink
snowHead Cool Cool
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
Mouth, wow impressive!!! Shocked

Does the bullet mind all that waiting around till Boredsurfing catches him up again?

Many a true word ........................ wink
latest report
Boredsurfing, Glad you home ok...... been snowing here and very cold... thermals back on........ you can start the new season countdown on 23rd April Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth wrote:
Boredsurfing, Glad you home ok...... been snowing here and very cold... thermals back on........ you can start the new season countdown on 23rd April Toofy Grin

That seven days and counting untill we start counting????? Shocked Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
ntfarmer, On your counting method it's only just 7 months to the new season Very Happy
latest report
But if i dont start counting untill 13 days time it drops to 6months.

Dont quite understand why they would stop on the friday before the weekend.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy