Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Christmas 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

This is my first post, so be gentle with me!

My parents moved to to Chamonix this year, and I'm going to stay with them for Christmas 2009. I'm looking for someone to ski with. I know the area pretty well, as my sister and her family have lived there for eight years; however, they only ski when the conditions are perfect, hence this post.

I would class myself as a high level intermediate skier; I've skied all the marked pistes in the area, and I'm quite happy off piste. I try to avoid icy bump runs and narrow couloirs. I'm not as fit as I ought to be, though; I was skiing with my sons last year, and the older one (who's 20) was much faster than me.

I'll be out there from 25th Dec to 3 Jan, so if anyone's around, drop me a line.

Graeme
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
graeme_b, Welcome to snowHead's

Might manage a day or two. I'll et you know around the time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can ski 1 day with the SCGB rep, then you need to join if you want to ski with them again (I think)

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skiresorts/resortrepinfo.aspx?intContactID=45974
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be there from 23rd for a week - I'll drop you a note nearer the time and maybe we can get some turns in (or at least a beer!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies, folks; I look forwards to skiing with you over the Christmas period. I was talking to my parents last night, and apparently it's raining in Chamonix, but coming down as snow higher up. Can't wait...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we are also in Chamonix over Xmas; 6 days skiing staring Monday 21st December. Based in Chamonix itself and with 3 children including one infant it may be difficult to meet up with anybody! But mornings we should be out alone (afternoons we may have a spirited 5yr old in tow and or be tending to the baby).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ed123, can i ask what you've organised for childcare in the mornings? We're out 25th for 9 days (and twice more during the season) and any recommendations for nannies/babysitters for our 3yr old would be gratefully received.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
midgetbiker, well we are with Esprit- so their nannies.

I think there is various childcare in Cam however- Baby-cham for example is mentioned on another snowheads web site.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll be there from 26th-2nd with my GF. She is an advanced intermediate so I'd say I'll just ski 2 days with her & will be looking to do 4 days off piste and /or touring if you are up for it??

Let me know via this thread where & when ye're gonna meet up and roughly what ye're thinking of doing & we can see from there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
grame_b, ed123, horgand -

My departure date fast approaches - I was trying to send a PM to more than one user but that appears to be a bit of a challenge. Any / all of your still up for getting together for some turns over Christmas week?

horgand, I will have my touring kit with me but I'm just getting over this revolting swine mularkey so not sure if I'm currently fit enough to take on 1000m of up ....

Cheers

Chris
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All sounds good.

I guess lets just check out this thread when out there pm before and we can arrange a meet up via here. Otherwise someone set a time and place & I'll be there.

talk soon and safe skiing to all in the meantime!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Right, I am now in Chamonix - just got back from a day up Brevent.

ed123, it just occurred to me that it might have been you who witnessed my rather pathetic fall in some heavy powder this morning - you commented on my Whitedots? If it was you, apologies for not putting 2 and 2 together! I was a bit mystified by my inability to ski that patch ...

Anyhow, who fancies some turns or a beer (or both) before 28th? I'm in the centre of town but can get anywhere pretty much as I have a car with me.

Suggestions, anyone?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Zammo et Chamonix/Argentiere NY skiiers,

I'd be on to meet up for a beer with a view to arranging a bit of skiing. We're in on 26th so I'd sa
y I'll ski with my other half day one, would be on to meet up for a beer on Sunday eve, either an apres ski beer in Argentiere or maybe a beer in Chamonix at say 8pm??

If its Argentiere apres would suggest bar on left hand side of GM left with conservatory type of place. Anywhere in Chamonix at 8 works maybe Micro Brewery Chamonix MBC would be a good spot round then.

I'll PM a few of ye my mobile and am happy to text to arrange a meet up Sun eve with a view to skiing from Monday on?

p.s. would anyone be on to go to Courmayer for a day and 2. has anyone done good off piste or touring on Brevent /flegere side?? (as winds favour this side for a few days this week so I'd be on to explore it more)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
right just after fantastic day in Brevent/Flegere With GraemeB. We're heading to same areas Tmoro as oodles of powder around & forecast is similar.

Zammo et al pop me a pm or text if you wish to join us 2moro or over next 10 days or so. Ye should have my mobile from pm sent 2 ye.

Talk soon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy