Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying with avalanche probe & shovel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone succesfully taken the above through as hand luggage, or always put them in their main luggage?

cheers,

greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I doubt its your allowed , i wouldnt risk it .
They wouldnt let me take my squash racquet on board and sure enough I double checked & no raquets are allowed !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregh, Easy jet wouldn't let a guy take a sports parachute on a flight as hand lugage (and it was well within the size and weight limits) Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'll probably not need them though, just pay attention to the in flight safety briefing and you'll be fine Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeh I've always packed it in my main luggage, but just thought I'd see what others do.

They won't let people take on parachutes in case they do something to cripple the airplane and jump off Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gregh, can't refer to earlier thread but I had the same question. If you check the ryanair rules (I make a presumption that they are stricter than the rest so they don't need to train their staff to use sensible discretion) then almost certainly spades and probes fall into the "could be used to cause harm" category.

"Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of an aircraft: ... Pointed/edged Weapons & Sharp Objects; pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury, including taxes & hatches, arrows and darts, crampons (grappling iron, hooked bar of iron, or plate with iron spikes used in mountaineering), harpoons & spears, ice axes & ice picks, ice skates, lockable or flick knives with blades of any length, knives, including ceremonial, religious and hunting knives, made of metal or any other material strong enough to be used as a potential weapon, meat cleavers, machetes, open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge), sabres, swords and swordsticks, scalpels, scissors with blades of any length, ski and walking/hiking poles, throwing stars, tradesman’s tools that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon, e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saws, screwdrivers, crowbars, hammers, pliers, wrenches/spanners, blow torches.

As could the Ryanair sandwich I suppose...

Haven't dared challenge the jobsworths as I don't fancy leaving #80 worth of kit at Stansted. BMI check in didn't think it would be a good idea either when I asked them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy