Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire haute Nendaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone recommend a good ski hire shop we are staying near the telecabin Very Happy Many thanks as usual......
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best to use www.skiset.co.uk - and book in advance - IMO - I think it definitely saves money. There is usually a discount code to be had. All the ski hire shops are more or less on the same level as the telecabine, we have used Niege Adventure - at most a 400m walk - and they have a decent selection of gear. Gaby Sports are directly across from the tele cabine, but they are not offered through SkiSet and I have found them to be a bit more expensive.

Out of interest where are you staying?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We use Neige Aventure although Mariéthoz Sports (part of the Intersport network) is also good and is closer to the telecabine.

I have a 10% discount card for online advanced bookings (for equipment and group lessons) that I can share if you want it - pm me if interested...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fifespud, Staying at Le Pracondu apartments apparently 150m from telecabin, cheers. I have been looking at Snowbrainer who like skiset use Neige Adventure, but are a bit cheaper than skiset. Albeit used skiset last year for italy with no problem.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wondered if it was Pracondu - I own one of the apartments there. It's a good spot, relatively cheap but cheerful! We will be there at New Year and Easter.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 29-09-09 21:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wondered if it was Pracondu - I own one of the apartments there. It's a good spot, relatively cheap but cheerful! We will be there at New Year and Easter.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fifespud, Any tips would be welcome Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What do you want to know!!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gaby Sports would be the closest hire shop to Pracondu...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fifespud, How far is the bus stop? Is it better to catch bus or if in no rush telecabin etc. My preference is to ski back, but there seems to be differing opinions about that. Any good nearby apres ski bars, reasonable restaurants? Will it snow? Will my skiing improve? Should I buy new boots? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We went last half term and used snowbrainer (cheapest deal I could find). Very helpful in Neige Aventure. We ended up driving to Siviez most days as it was very busy - much more pleasant than squashing onto bus. However I imagine it would be more civilised outside half term week. Excellent skiing over Verbier way - we would set off early and would be skiing on almost empty slopes for the first hour or so. Beautiful scenery. Will have to go back one year!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mfamily2 wrote:
Fifespud, How far is the bus stop? Is it better to catch bus or if in no rush telecabin etc. My preference is to ski back, but there seems to be differing opinions about that. Any good nearby apres ski bars, reasonable restaurants? Will it snow? Will my skiing improve? Should I buy new boots? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The bus stops right outside the telecabine, it's busy during the peak weeks, especially around 9ish when everybody is heading round. BTW I really doubt it is as far as 150m. We always have a car so would drive round. We quite often used to drive to Veysonnaz or Mayen de L'ours too, which is usually deserted. The Printz ski area is much quieter than the Verbier area, much cheaper to eat on the mountain too. It has some cracking pistes, notably Veyonnaz, Etherola and the Piste de l'ours - which IMO is the best pisted run in the whole 4V. If you are not mega skiers or have smaller kids with you, you ski can the whole week in the Printz area no bother.

As others have said skiing form Nendaz can be impossible if the Prarion link is burnt out. If it isn',t getting back is no bother. The top half of Prarion - the itinary - is for good skiers. Its not that long but it is a mogul field, but you can get the cable car down. If you are unsure get the cc down first time and have a good look at it! The piste map shows a green run alongside the cc and black run, but it is mythical - a summer walk which does not exist in winter. The second half, the so called 'black run' is probably the easiest black you will ever find, steepish, but wide and short, I feel it was classified as black simply so that Nendaz could have a 'black run'. You will certainly find steeper reds - like the aforementioned Piste de L'ours. The run back down into Nendaz from the top of the telecabine is a very enjoyable piste, you can totally blast down it and it is a decent length.

Now my kids are a bit older we like to ski from Nendaz whenever possible. We would have day about - Verbier and Thyon - the kids like the expeditions.

Apres ski? The best bar for that is the Cactus Cantina, Nendaz is not a throbbing hotspot but the Cactus is good fun - also does good meals - not gourmet but good value. Les Etanges - right next door to Pracondu - you can go out the back of Pracondu to it - snow permitting - is usually a very good restaurant (although I had one disappointment last year) and has a glass igloo ski bar for a quick beer or ten when you come off the piste.

There must be about 30 other restaurants and bars in town, they change a lot - best to try them out your self. There are a couple of big supermarkets in the middle of town, the new coop and migros which sometimes has what the coop doesn't - so I wouldn't ignore it. There is a cool guy with a bakery just opposite the tc for the croissants and pan au chocolat in the mornings, he will give you an aperatif if you need one at 8 in the morning.

Did you organise it yourself or are you going through a tour operator?

Anyway hope you have a great time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great reply many thanks. We booked with crystal last jan due to the free child place, which made the price just about bearable. Looking forward to it and your pointers are very welcome, cheers. Kids are 15 and 17 and very good skiers so we will explore as far afield as possible.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I asked if you booked it yourself because there is a bit of a problem checking in to Pracondu after 7pm if you are a solo traveller. Well you get in, but you cant get towels or sheets etc. With an operator it will be no problem. Also forget about Tchin-tchin Piano Bar, can be a good laugh in there too, they will rustle up a pizza if you are starving.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy