Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 2010 Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Condor, I'll post my two penneth in! Ok, so don't worry about snow in March, nearly all resorts will have good snow in March, in fact it tends to be a month where it snows a lot. If you're still not sure, I'll send you a picture of me skiing on May 1st to persuade you! Secondly, where to go, I'd recommend places with a close transfer time if you're flying, so try Flaine, Morzine, Alpe D'huez. Who to go with? Well your best bet is to go with the biggest with the most choice available, so Crystal or Neilson or would be a good bet for catered chalets or hotels, or try PV Holidays for a self catering accommodation.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like going Jan and March for the contrasts. Jan is usually colder and longer lasting snow but March has longer days and warmer temps. Both have their pros and cons.
As for France in March?
I went to Serre Che March 2009 and it was superb. Plenty of snow, lots of sun, and then a midweek 36 hour dump which just made it even better! We liked it so much we are going back March 2010. Big ski area, high up with runs back to resort if the weather holds up (which it did in 2009), and going out something like 6th March means you avoid French holidays so slopes are reasonably quiet. Its also a lot cheaper eating and drinking out that most of France - we were paying 3,50 for a pint which isnt bad.
I have also booked for Alpe d'Huez for this season, but we are going in Jan as I want to go when the runs all over are at their best, and later season skiing is often affected by the sun up there. Hopefully should be able to experience the best of both worlds.
I usually go to Austria because I prefer the off slope lifestyle, the "real" mountain feel, and the cost of everything else compared to France, but there are some really good tour op catered chalet deals to be had in some French resorts which keeps spending costs right down when you get there.

I can thoroughly recommend Serre Chevalier for March.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy