Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

14 December - first week open for most resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the snow conditions are usually like in Europe at this time Will most of the resorts be fully open or will I need to be looking at the high-altitude resorts only?

Also is this week generally busier on the slopes?

Hoping to get a fairly good deal on somewhere which is ok for intermediate skiers and snowboarders and this is the only week I can get off work in December.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most resorts aim to be open that week, with some of the larger ones opening a week or two earlier. If booking in advance the usual advice is to look for one of the higher resorts in whatever country you want to visit. Normally this is a very quiet week, which means that you can happily wait for a last minute booking to (a) follow the best snow as some places might be doing better than others, and (b) you might get a late booking deal.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rachel123 it will be a very quiet week in most (if not all) resorts in europe

snow conditions? who knows!!! but we've managed to have a good fun ski weekend in mid december every year for the past 6 years

if planning a package i would leave booking until the week before, there will be plenty of places to choose from; if doing a diy trip just book the flights for now
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought that resorts would be open for the weekends but not during the week!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Partial opening in Meribel and Courchevel 1850 on 5th December, Val Thorens 21st November
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl opens the weekend of 28th November with Katy Perry playing live on the mountain for the opening party.... booked for a weekend already... counting...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to mayrhofen that week the season before last. Snow was good. Slopes were quiet and was cheap. Certainly cant complain
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Early snow has been good the last two seasons but the advice above to wait till last minute holds good. There will be plenty of space available, and the conditions might be very poor - they have been exceptional the last two years but that's not the norm.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As marcellus says, fewer runs open on weekdays than weekends (my experience last December)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

fewer runs open on weekdays than weekends

depends on the resort, and the precise dates. Resort websites should give you details - e.g. in Les Saisies I think there's partial opening from 5 Dec and then full opening from Dec 12th (snow permitting, obviously). I'll be headed out there to get ready for a family Christmas party, around 14th December, and will be thrilled to bits if the snow's anything like as good as early last season.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnowGod wrote:
Ischgl opens the weekend of 28th November with Katy Perry playing live on the mountain for the opening party.... booked for a weekend already... counting...

please report back when you've been, I'm there the weekend after Ms Perry.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy