Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it too late to be booking for February half-term 2010 for a family of five?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
maggi, I do that. Shock for half-term and the other week for the EoSB snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TallTone, Yes, I'd already looked in the diary and couldn't work out how you made it 18 weeks! Never mind, I've got a lot to get done before then, at home and work and as ctskifam, says the anticipation is half the fun!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Iski,
If you download the free ski group organiser's database from our website (not a plug as you've already booked) then load in your trip dates, the exact number of days to your trip will display at the top of screen when ever you open the page for that trip. You can load as many trips in as you want.

Mind you, you may not be able to sleep then with all the excitement. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne wrote:
Iski wrote:
TallTone, I don't know what your budget is but if the website is up to date there still seems to be some availability in Folgarida,

Yep - we have "one" 5 bed room left.
departs 13th Feb
£815 - inc flights, transfers, lift pass, ski hire or carriage, meals, 3* Hotel, etc, etc.
Contact me via web site if interested

That is a great deal!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne, not as much fun as having a little calendar with windows to open, with pictures of snowflakes, toboggans, skis, snowmen, crutches and snow covered alpine chalets. I've been making mine all year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w,
Right then, gona beat ya at this. Am going to make one for Wigan.
The Heinz Bean Factory, Wigan Pier (now closed as the council is skint), Our MP (who is retiring to spend more time with his family and it has nothing to do with his expenses claims, and it was just a coincidence that he announced it a few days after he was exposed Laughing Laughing Laughing ), the millionth Polish shop opening ceremony, Shopping trolleys in the river Douglas, etc, etc
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, I'll go for one without the crutches
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TallTone, We still have a family room and a small twin available at present. Happy to do midweek/midweek 7 days.
Have a look at the website. Send us a post or PM if interested, remind Nina you are a snowHead for a bit of discount.
If the flights are all gone try the Eurostar/TGV to Geneva or Cluses.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interestingly (well I thought so!) when I was looking to book Ortesei for Feb 2010 half term a few months ago I spoke to a Garni owner who said that he couldn't take my reservation until October, as the Italians don't think about winter until then and he needed to give his regulars first crack - said I should have not problem finding accomodation in Oct / Nov.
Of course I totally ignored his advice and booked elsewhere in the town where they were quite happy to take my booking. Flights could be more of an issue though - we are flying to Bologna, as Verona was too dear (we live close to Heathrow, so BA/BM is best for us)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TallTone

The main thing is to get your flights booked. NB: Swis, BA, KLM, Lufthansa etc can often be cheaper than the (ahem) budget airlines for half term weeks. Have a look on Expedia.com or Opodo.com.

I don't know how radical you would consider being with your trip - but IF you are prepared to hire a car and drive to the slopes each day and IF you are prepared to stay in a normal valley town instead of up the mountain, you can - given the mega peak week timing - still do a relatively cheap week, accommodation and food and drink-wise. We've done this loads of times and it's always worked out really well.

If you are prepared to give it a go, the Accor hotel chain is indeed 'votre ami' - all bookable online at Accorhotels.com:

If flying to Geneva:
The Ibis Hotel at Sallanches (average £34 a room) is available all that week. It is under an hour from Geneva and is 15-30 mins drive to loads of resorts - eg Chamonix, Les Contamines, La Clusaz, Grand Bornand, Les Houches. We skied Combloux from there last winter - unheard of in UK but a fantastic, family friendly ski-area with piste-side parking and great slopes. It's linked to Megeve as well.

Alternatively, the Ibis in Moutiers (£34/room/night) is available from the 14th - 19th. On the 13th you could stay in Albertville at the Formule 1 or Etap Hotels (even cheaper than Ibis). From Moutiers, it's 20 mins drive to St Martin de Belleville for access to the 3 Vallees, 30 mins drive to Valmorel, or 25 mins drive to the funicular accessing Les Arcs at Bourg St Maurice.

OR you could go into Switzerland - staying at Sion Ibis - loads of ski areas around there and (in my experience) Switzerland is nowhere near as busy as France at peak times.

The Maurienne Valley (France) also has lots of user-friendly ski areas, most of which are unknown in the UK. It is easily reached from Geneva or from Italy (Turin, Milan) via the Frejus Tunnel. We've used the Ibis Hotel at [b]St Jean de Maurienne.[b]

Let us know how you get on.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy