Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Club Med in Alps is worth trying?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, so I've got this idea to try Club Med this winter. Seems they have a total of 21 hotels in Alps:

Arcs Extrême
L' Alpe d'Huez La Sarenne
Aime la Plagne
Avoriaz
Cervinia
Chamonix Mont - Blanc
Les Deux Alpes
Méribel Antarès
Méribel Aspen Park
Méribel le Chalet
Les Ménuires
La Plagne 2100
Peisey-Vallandry
Serre-Chevalier
Sestrière
Saint-Moritz Roi Soleil
Tignes Val Claret
Val d'Isère
Villars-sur-Ollon
Val Thorens
Wengen

Their webpage is quite horrible to get complete info but I'm doing my research; still, I'd be thankful if somebody suggested which of these stand out as exceptional and which should be avoided.

Tripadvisor reviews are scarce (esp English) and almost every of the hotels has a horror story about ruined holidays…

My priorities are ski-in and ski-out & pool/sauna.

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val d'Isere. Been there a few times. Highly recommend, if you're not too bothered about small rooms that is!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sniegagalva,

Peisey-Vallandry is definately exceptional (esp the food) - and the prices do some-what reflect this. The rooms are large (very large by some French resorts standards) and it meets your requirement/priorities - Down points - Try and avoid the Paris half term as the little bligters need strangling!

Tignes Val Claret also meets the requirements - larger rooms than standard and great food and right on the piste.

Méribel Aspen Park - Doesn't meets the requirement as no pool (and sauna extra) - Otherwise great and smaller hotel so more personal.

Those are the only ones I've been to, hence the only ones I'd recommend - Off to Cervina - next year!

Skitrack
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went to Tignes in March and couldn't fault it. The rooms in some of the Club Med hotels seem tiny but they are quite large in Tignes with plenty of storage space. They were also refurbished last year.

It has a pool but we didn't use it so can't comment. The hotel is on the piste and perfectly placed on the edge of Val Claret so its 100m to lifts taking you in 3 different directions.

The main benefit of Club Med is that it truly is all inclusive (including lift pass and lessons as well as food and drink). We took about E300 but spent less than E50 on drinks on the slopes in Val d'Isere and that was it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sniegagalva, if you fancy some spa treatments, the Serre Chevalier one is great. It is fairly new, and at the bottom of the pistes in Villeneuve, with pool etc. Can't comment on room sizes etc, because I haven't stayed there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sniegagalva, Peisey-Vallandry is relatively new - its been open 3-4 yrs now & looks nice. Lovely pool. Friends have stayed there & thought it was fantastic - good food, decent sized rooms. Big ski groups of 12+ often, & in the Club Med style - skiing wildly all over the mountain & out of control. Lovely resort though. They do a swap on Thursday & go for lunch at a Club Med in la Plagne, so you get to see the area too. Avoid Russian week Shocked Although, I'm told they no longer book anyone else when the Russians are there Confused
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed at Club Med in Flaine about 15 years ago, we bought a book of bar tickets for after dinner drinks.. struggled to use them, and ended up in the bar until 4am the night before the coach was picking us up at 7am, with all the other English guests, all trying to use up the tickets.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont,

They don't do the book/bar tickets any more - It's completely all inclusive - unless you want a premium drink e.g Champagne, scotch single malts etc in which case you pay the extra.

Skitrack
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the info! Looks like we have plenty of excellent options.

I think room size won't matter if there's a pool and a sauna to relax after the day of skiing.

Anybody been to Saint-Moritz Roi Soleil?…
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy