Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - good and bad points...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I spent a few days in Morzine this summer (not skiing obviously) and thought that it had a lot to offer and am now considering going back this winter for my ski holiday.

How snow sure is Morzine / Avoriaz?

How busy does it tend to get outside of school holidays etc?

Does the powder tend to get tracked out pretty quickly and where is the best powder spots?

Any other advice will be much appreciated - thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hornster, snow sure - I've grown to loath these words Toofy Grin Very Happy

When were you thinking of? Certainly Morzine is a good choice between end of December and April imo. Choice between Morzine/Les Gets or higher Morzine/Avoriaz areas. We ski regularly in Morzine/Les Gets area and always have plenty to do and keep Avoriaz on standby in case of poor snow - haven't had to to this yet (though next trip want to go anyway).

Outside of school hols, you won't find long lift queues.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou, Thanks for the reply. We intentionally book our ski holiday for the first week of February so that we miss the school holidays and it is generally quite a bit cheaper than most other weeks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lou, Thanks for the reply. We intentionally book our ski holiday for the first week of February so that we miss the school holidays and it is generally quite a bit cheaper than most other weeks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spent 5d there in Mid-Jan last year - snow on the streets. Booked a lovely hotel but a bit of a trek (well 5mins but a slidy path - see my photos...) to bus stop (only 1 stop to Supermorzine & not that far to Pleney). Food was fantastic & our room was also great - biggest & nicest I've been in in the Alps.

Snow-sure?
The Friday I left it rained & was horrible apparently so there is the odd day when the relatively low altitude is a factor, but I think it's odd days only at that time of year. My friend was out there for a second season in the same town so it must be alright.

Lift queues?
There was a (fast-moving 5-10min) queue for Pleney gondola just after 9am (if its out the door - you might like to use the slower chairlift to your right) but otherwise it was ski onto lift.

Powder?
Covered (& a whole lot more...) in this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1298811&highlight=morzine#1298811
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well its a huge ski area and you can ski over into switzerland which is s small novelty. It also has the Wall!!!
I've stayed in Avoriaz at Easter (and it wasn't the best year for snow) and there was still lots of snow about. I found the pistes very well groomed all the way down into Morzine (but there wasn't huge amounts of off piste but lots of fun through the trees on the way down to Morzine. If you book to go in February the snow will be good over the whole area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what...snow, Thanks for the information and the links. It has answered all my questions. I'll definitely be booking for the first week in February and looking forward to it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good Points - French, pretty, plenty of stuff to do in the village, links to massive area, family friendly, short transfers, easy even in busy weeks to find some quieter areas (Mont Chery by Les Gets springs to mind)

Bad Points - French, too low to be sure of good snow. Treks across villages a bit of a pain in ski boots if I'm being picky
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy