Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Away day from La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Belle Plagne in March, spending 7 days skiing. Although it's in the Paradiski area, I've been to Les Arcs before so fancy popping over to another nearby resort for a day during the week for a change of scenery.

There's been a lot of talk on this forum about La Rosiere. The connection to an Italian resort particularly appeals as we are also spending time in Switzerland on our way home, so would get a three country trip. I remember that my Lift Pass for Val d'Isere and Tignes contained a paragraph about visiting another resort for a day for free, does anyone know if La Plagne offer a similar deal?

If we make it to La Ros, where is the best place to park the car? I notice that there is a chairlift from far below the village into the ski domain, is there a suitable place to park at the bottom of this?

We are also considering going to Ste. Foy, but the girls are Piste only skiiers. Is the piste infrastructure in Ste Foy enough to keep them interested for a day? Does this resort also have a free day on the La Plagne lift pass?

thanks
Ste
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you get the full Paradiski "Discovery" pass for 6 days, it gives you a free day in the Espace Olympique Savoie (ESPACE KILLY, 3 VALLEYS, LES SAISIES, PRALOGNAN LA VANOISE.)

You decide where you want to go, hand in your pass at a Les Arcs office and ask for an access ticket to the resort in question.

Don't think there's a reduction for La Ros or Ste Foy though. Barely any piste in Ste Foy, depends on their level for interest factor.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For La Rosiere one can park at the bottom level (think it is 1100 or 1300m) as I always do. The run from the top is red and may be patchy when snow is in short supply. It is another some 10 miles if you decide to drive to the top 1850m level.

La Rosiere is linked with Italian's La Thuile and will form a memorable away day. By the tone of PG La Rosiere is not a resort you can visit within the Paradiski pass. I always buy day tickets and try a different resort everyday during a trip.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skiskool, you can park at Les Ecudets (1,179m) and take the chair directly into Espace San Bernardo, you can get the chair back down if the pistes are closed, these are always the first 2 pistes to close. There is a reduction if you hold a ski pass from Val d'Isere, Tignes, Les Arcs & La Plagne, your daily pass will cost you 21 Euros, Bargain with a capital B.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, yes it's strange they don't publicize that reduction anywhere - I had thought there was a small reduction, then checked the website, but there's nothing mentioned at all. Lift companies and their politics Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Especially the part about the extra 10 mile drive to the top of La Rosiere - the missus gets car sick at the best of times, so the less twisting hairpin bends the better.

cheers
Ste.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David@traxvax, how long does that chair take? Not better to drive all the way up?
snow report
 brian
brian
A 6 day Espace Killy pass gets you a half price day in Sainte Foy as well, or at least it did 2 years ago.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neither offer (Ste Foy/La Ros) is explicitly publicised on the Paradiski or Les Arcs site, as far as I can see. One way to find out for sure - I'll phone.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, there's a sign at Les Ecudets that says 15mins to La Rosiere, yeh with a certain M Shumacher driving. It's probably 20 + minutes from there. I've never timed the chair, it's such a relaxing ride up through the forest with oinly the noise of birds to diturb you, probably about 10 minutes, it's a long chair, about 4 kms I'd guess. On the website it's tucked away in Offres Speciales so unless you know what you're looking for you won't find it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rang Paradiski - they said no reduction for La Rosière, but didn't seem that convinced - so I checked with La Ros. Surprise, surprise, they say with the minimum 6 day Paradiski pass, La Ros day pass at 21€ instead of 31€ as d@t suggests.

Sainte Foi is 10€ with same Paradiski pass, can't remember full day pass cost.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
However..........as you mention that you dont want to go to Les Arcs it will be cheaper to pay for a La Plagne pass only, and pay 10Euro more for the La Ros day ticket. The la Plagne 6 day pass is 44 Euro cheaper than 6 day Paradiski pass. Net saving 34 Euro. Another good ploy is to upgrade the LP pass for one day in Les Arcs if you fancy it, the link is brill and should not be missed. If you do it on a saturday it is cheaper still 24 euro Sun-fri, but about 18 on a saturday, still saving 10-16 Euro.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is nothing wrong with the chairlift at Les Ecudets (1,179m) but at its top one has to walk (a flat green run) or ski one of the black runs to get a connection to the rest of the La Rosiere circuit. Coming back the Ecudet red run or black (haven't skied the black myself) are not as enjoyable as the runs above 1850 because the snow is not as good. I drove up the 10 extra miles this January and the drive was pretty boring because the road resemble to a flattened coil with endless zig zags. I did this road in summer time on a motorbike and didn't like it then.

I would park at the bottom if the snow is good but drive to the top if the snow is bad.

Also La Rosiere ski pass can be sold without La Thuile so insist on the whole domain if you want to cover Italy. The link is not long and can be comfortably covered by any intermediate. Thereafter it is only a matter of choice of how long one wishes to ski on either country.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PG, Thanks for calling those resorts, much appreciated. At those prices, we may even visit them both.

Frosty the Snowman, great idea with the local area pass, I wasn't aware that you could upgrade for just one day. That's really good thinking from Paradiski, I wonder if the 3 Valleys or Espace Killy chaps have ever thought of that?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
saikee, sorry but you're mistaken, you only need to ski 50 metres to a drag lift to link into Espace San Bernardo, no need to touch the Les Ecudets black run. The runs down to Les Ecudets are some of the nicest in the resort but you were there in December when snow cover was patchy.
latest report
David@traxvax,

At the top of Ecudets chairlift the piste map shows a Black (Ecudets) and a blue (Rouvinettees) coming down. A green (Escargot) going sideway. One Black (Ecudets) and one red (Fontaine froide) going downhill. Every time I skied the green Escargot I got tied of walking and eventually cut short by skiing the black run into the bottom of Sevoliere drag lift. Not that I am afraid of the short distance black (also named Ecudets) but I prefer something less demanding if possible when I start first thing in the morning and haven't quite warm up.

If your 50m refers to the Escargot then it is much more than that.

I have skied down the Fontaine foide before in March and I made a comment here saying the run could be closed the next day because of the bottom section melted. The last time I was there was January 2005 when the snow at the 1850 was nearly ideal but Fontaine foide was still stony, icy and patchy at some places. It was OK overall but the section above 1850 was a lot more enjoyable. I am sure there are times that these runs are perfect. I agree that there is some kind of a magic feeling going down in the middle of the forest, similar to those in Vallandry and La Tania.
snow conditions
Quick question, is La Rosiere the place you can see from Deux Tetes in les Arcs? Looks like it's on a triangular-shaped peak...?
snow report
skanky, La Rosiere is directly opposite Arc 2000 and Arc 1950.
snow conditions
David@traxvax, I'll have a picture to link to soon that's of the place I'm on about, but that does sort of sound about right.
Have just been to the website, and yes that's the place. You get a great view of it from Deux Tetes (top of Comborciere lift) in Les Arcs.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy