Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been with 'Ski Miquel' before?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Am looking to go catered chalet/club hotel for 1 week this coming season & was wondering what these 'guys' are like? Like the idea of the ski guiding they offer.
Any feedback most welcome
Ta
Mitch
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Mitch - we have had two holidays with Ski Miquel both in Alpe d'Huez which they no longer have in their brochure unfortunately. Both were booked last minute and were absolute bargains. Accommodation was on the basic side perhaps but comfy beds, plenty of hot water, etc. Staff were friendly and helpful and the ski guiding was a great way to get to know the other guests (we went on our own). Booking was easy and straightforward over the phone as they are a small company and offer the personal touch. We found on our two trips with them all the guests got on really well with each other and quite a few had travelled on their own because of the ski guiding so they would have someone to ski/lunch with. Most of them had been going with this company for years and had been to all their resorts several times! We would definitely go with them again.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mitchell, friends of mine went to Baqueira Beret (sorry, probably wrong spelling) and as I had been looking at the same resort they highly recommended Ski Miquel. I must say that I also like the look of their services and I've got my eye on booking a holiday with them sometime.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mitchell, I've stayed with them a few times and they have been fine. The ski guiding is pleasant and sociable, and they sometimes run split groups (fast / slow). The only issue is if there is a single group, sometimes things can drag (depending on how you like your skiing).

I'd highly recommend Baqueira and can suggest an excellent British ski school there wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, I'm going to Baqueira with Ski Miquel in January this year. Going with 1 11 year old and 2 13 year old Shocked !!!! Little old me on my own! Can't wait. Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
srhmart, It's lovely skiing and should be nice and quiet. As a treat check out the 'eggy chips' / lunch at 'Dracks Castle' - yum yum.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thought I would revive this thread, any more up to date opinions on Ski Miquel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
radar, the off piste bash last year was "hosted" by ski miquel and I believe this coming year's bash will be too, so may be worth reading the threads to see what people said. I've been with them in the past, we had issues with getting availability on manchester flights but other that that they were great, would happily use them again
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt, thanks, will get searching
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went with them to Serre Che in 2010 last minute - they were good to deal with from a booking point of view - food was good, Chalet host was a bit dippy but you do take your chance on this whoever you go with. Accommodation was fine - small chalet, comfortable but not luxurious.

Used the ski guiding several times - good when you've got a mixed party. Would go with them again
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, very very good company. Dont expect height of luxury but expect value for money and honesty of representation.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They certainly had a load of regulars in Lauterbrunnen for Wengen and Jungfrau resorts. Have tried to contact them in prior years by email but they clearly are not electronically oriented as they uisually don't answer and phone is better.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but has anyone had any recent experience of Ski Miquel? I like the look of some of their chalets, particularly the ones in Serre Chevalier and Lauterbrunnen and maybe also in Baqueira.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did Alpe D and Whistler with them (some time ago). Great holidays (but some pretty average admin). Had a very good guy doing the guiding in Alpe D but that was some time ago.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My opinion of them is not a particularly positive one: here's an overview of why http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=111728#2578332
ski holidays
My opinion of them is very positive.
Have been to Bad Gastein, Serre Chevalier, and Saalbach.
All have been excellent holidays. Mid range chalets, top notch food
and staff, excellent admin.

Geoff
ski holidays
Don't worry the last time I tried they still do not answer emails and on phoning would far rather have an empty chalet than give up excessive single occupancy charges. They probably have the worst website of any operator and it is totally unclear what the price includes - their old website was 20 times better than their current one. Mind you they have a lot of regulars and seem to get away without too much marketing spend so must have a really good product hidden somewhere.
latest report
I've heard good things about their operation in Baqueira but know nothing about their admin.
snow conditions
i've been with them to baqueira and bareges - brilliant holidays both but that was back that was back in the 80s. can't vouch for them now other than they ahve been around a long time, so they must be doing something right!
ski holidays
I've been on some group trips with Ski Miguel over the last few years. Personal experiences are limited to 2x Bad Gastein and 1x Saalbach but all were excellent. Last one was a couple of years ago. Good food, good ski guiding and brilliant atmosphere in the chalet hotel. Staff very friendly and sociable. Pricing seemed competitive compared to other operators. Agree with previous posts re value for money. If gold-plated taps and shag-pile carpets are your thing then best to avoid them, but I've found their accommodation to be functional and well-located for the resorts I have visited. I'd say you're more likely to find adult groups than families in their hotels, certainly not those with younger kids. Friends of ours (including the organiser of many group trips) are regular repeat offenders and have been to most of their resorts. I'd have no hesitation in using them again.
snow report
countryman,

yep, the old website was better.
but i've just been on the website and the first thing i saw was......"Holidays include flight transfer and half board"
any other info is indeed quite tricky to find, but it's all there. what else would you like to know?

" would far rather have an empty chalet than give up excessive single occupancy charges."

how do you know this? please explain.
to be honest, they are probably confident that they can fill their chalets without resorting to giving you a discount.

Geoff
ski holidays
Thanks all for the responses. Sounds like as with all companies there have been some mixed experiences.
snow report
Silly question on Ski Miguel, do their packages include flights? Can't find any information on flights / transfers on the site at all.
snow report
stevew wrote:
Silly question on Ski Miguel, do their packages include flights? Can't find any information on flights / transfers on the site at all.

Yes they do. It's on the home page somewhere. I also emailed them to check. The listed prices are for Gatwick flights. Manchester flights have a £30 supplement.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666, thanks
snow report
geoffkay - when I rang them a couple of years ago (on their usual ignoring of emails) re a pre Xmas week (lots of excellent early snow) they were clearly not full but would not wave single person supplement (as it was first week it excluded flights as well) - Saalbach I think but might have been Badgastein - went to Kirchberg instead to great b&b with no single person supplement.
snow conditions
We have used all Ski Miquel bases in the brochure including taking groups without a problem.
snow report
Wow - 6 year thread bump!
I had contact from them after the incident I wrote about in that thread. It did nothing to improve my confidence in them - quite the opposite actually.
OTOH, I understand the directors then, have now handed the company over to their sons to run so maybe they're getting it right now? That said, I never got a refund or even an apology so they're still on the $h!t list as far as I'm concerned.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, I'm thinking of going with them but I'll be on my own. Will I stick out like a sore thumb among families & groups or will I be OK? Thanks
ski holidays
@denizente, they're definitely worth it if there's just 1 or 2 of you and you grab a cheap late deal off them.
I just would go with a group... or pay brochure price.
Whether it's families will depend on which week you go - school hols = yes / rest of the time = not so much.
snow conditions
Went with them a number of years ago on a last minute deal and it was very good. Went to book with them a couple of seasons later and they were so rude over the phone I hung up and vowed never to use them again. But as @admin points out things may have changed.

Why don't you try one of the SH bashes, I understand everyone sticks out like a sore thumb so you won't be alone Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy