Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Pass Prices 09/10 - Espace Killy now €44.5 a day

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Total cost of a week's skiing = £1000

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Is this in a 5* hotel?? Toofy Grin

Assuming x2 travellers, low season in Tignes could be:

Flight £75, Transfer £90, Lift pass £200, Studio £175 = £540. Even I would be pushing it so eat and drink my way through £500 - even in Tignes....So I reckon I could knock £250 off xyzpaul's grand total of £1000.

AND, even allowing for an hour's stop for lunch/hot choc etc I'd reckon on sking 8 hours a day (ie first lift 9am to last lift 5pm) - which makes it 42 hrs skiing for £750. A bargain £17.85 an hour !!

I'm about to start a new post on hourly ski rates - very interesting for anoraks (Goretex of course) like me!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mountainaddict, if you're self catering there's no need to add budget for food, since presumably you'd be feeding yourself if you were at home anyway. So your cost is £540, bargain. Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountainaddict, you can get a 2 person studio for £350 p/w???????????....contact details please...

okbye
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowpatrol, go in January.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard,i'm in chamonix in jan...what about late april??.....

okbye

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 21-09-09 9:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict,

Flights for £75 !! inc ski carriage, presume you take your own as you haven't included hire in your costing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowpatrol, you have some sort of problem with Chamonix in January? Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
xyzpaul wrote:
Total cost of a week's skiing = £1000
Total hours skiing = 6 (days) x 6 (hours) = 36
Cost per hour = £27

Total cost of a trip to Hemel snowdome = £33 (skiing) + £20 (petrol) + £10(food/drink) = £63
Total hours skiing = 2
Cost per hour = £31

You're being ripped off for Hemel!

Don't you mean 4 hours' skiing for £25 (skiing) + £20 (petrol) + £10 (food/drink) = £55
Cost per hour = £14

snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny Jones wrote:

Consider a cable car that holds 100 passengers and runs every 15 minutes. At an average 75% capacity, it will lift 2,100 skiers a day, each of whom will expect maybe ten rides. At the prices cited for the Espace Killy, the lift will therefore generate revenues of just over EUR9,000 per day - maybe EUR1m per season.

You should stick to the day job.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:
Jonny Jones wrote:

Consider a cable car that holds 100 passengers and runs every 15 minutes. At an average 75% capacity, it will lift 2,100 skiers a day, each of whom will expect maybe ten rides. At the prices cited for the Espace Killy, the lift will therefore generate revenues of just over EUR9,000 per day - maybe EUR1m per season.

The only kind of person that's worse than an anorak is a sneering, smug, self-important snob who thinks it's witty to make tired, cliched jokes about anoraks.

Is that really the best insult you could think of? You should stick to the skiing: creative writing doesn't seem to be a particular strength of yours.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard,

snowpatrol, says he is in Cham for Jan but wants the Tignes £350 studio...so has suggested late April for Tignes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott i was confused as to why Lizzard, couldn't understand that....i mean if you can....................

okbye
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonny Jones wrote:
davidof wrote:
Jonny Jones wrote:

The only kind of person that's worse than an anorak is a sneering, smug, self-important snob who thinks it's witty to make tired, cliched jokes about anoraks.

Is that really the best insult you could think of? You should stick to the skiing: creative writing doesn't seem to be a particular strength of yours.

Ooh, I'm not sure that's accurate, I think he does pretty okay, on the writing side of things..... http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Articles/Articles
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
so much beef Toofy Grin on this forum at the moment.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmm, clearly I am failing to read properly, worrying. Laughing

snowpatrol, book in low season when no-one else is going and prices are low. Late April would do. This is even less complicated than remembering actually to read people's posts properly.
snow report
Lizzard wrote:
Hmm, clearly I am failing to read properly, worrying.

It would help if he wrote in sentences.

Rental agencies in Tignes have studios for under 300 euro in April.
latest report
rjs, i'm not sure i can make it any easier to comprehend...Shimmy Alcott, understood it for God's sake........

okbye
ski holidays
snowpatrol, just spotted this piccy of the Fly Paper at Glencoe on Winterhighland and thought of you:

snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy