Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar overnight - has anyone done it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowymum, the young 20-somethings aren't likely to be travelling in the leisure select coaches though.

if you're lucky and get a few seats to yourselves in the normal area then you'll be grand. if you're doing leisure select, everyone will be more than ok. i booked normal seats out, leisure select heading back, and if i could afford leisure select in both directions, i'd deffo do it.

i would second the question about car hire. you can normally get a transfer through your chalet or the coaches/local buses run from the various stations and there isn't a long wait (i think they are scheduled to run to meet incoming train passengers, but i could be wrong.)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
book tomorrow Very Happy

Quote:
Going Skiing?
•Eurostar trains run direct from London to the French Alps on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings (trains run on Sundays during the Christmas and New Year periods) during the ski season, from 19 December 2010 to 16 April 2011 (last inbound service).
•Direct trains returning to London leave the French Alps on Saturday mornings and Saturday afternoons (trains will run on Sundays during the Christmas and New Year periods) during the ski season (Bourg St Maurice and Moutiers Salins Brides L. Bains only).
•Please note that although you may book a journey to Aime la Plagne, you will need to travel to Bourg St Maurice or Moutiers les Bains in order to board your return train.
•Direct services to the Alps will be available to book from 13 July 2010

http://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/_SvBoAvailabilityTravelCriteriaTerm?_TMS=1278960300870&_DLG=SvBoAvailabilityTravelCriteriaTerm&_LANG=UK&_AGENCY=ESTAR
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for all the replies so far. We have chosen to travel by rail because we find it the most relaxing/enjoyable way to get to the alps not particularly for cost reasons.

The reason we are planning to hire a car is:
Resort not one of the nearest to moutiers so no local bus and taxi would be expensive
We are going self catering and the appartments are not at centre of the resort so it says in TO blurb that car is recommended.

The only decision we are trying to make is whether to take overnight direct train one or both ways or to wait till nearer the time and book eurostar to paris followed by TGV from paris to alps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

We have chosen to travel by rail because we find it the most relaxing/enjoyable way to get to the alps

Ohhhhhhhhh controversial wink

Well my parents use it and they would agree with you - mind you I take all their luggage in the car Laughing

Which resort is it out of interest - I'm guessing a satellite village to a bigger resort? Still would question the use of a car, as you're unlikely to find anywhere to park close to slopes and most local villages have a ski bus or similar.

Each to their own so good luck to you - just curious
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy