Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA flight sale.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
But don't forge the new ski carriage charges. http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flights-sale/public/en_gb
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BA website says:

Changes to the carriage of sporting equipment:
Sporting equipment will be included as part of your free checked baggage allowance.
If the number of bags exceed your free allowance you will be charged the excess baggage rate for each extra bag.

I can generally keep my kit (inc skis) to under 23kg so am just curious. I can't find a price on the ba website for taking skis. Does this mean that you just pay excess baggage charges for them?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been done multiple times - take all your kit including skis in one bag weighing <23kg & you should be fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take something like a Dakine Concourse Double ski bag. Fits ski's and gear easily. Just make sure you get the 185cm one and not the 2 metre version to fit in with the new rules (assuming your skis fit - 185cm ski's easily do BTW)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowplow wrote:
Take something like a Dakine Concourse Double ski bag. Fits ski's and gear easily. Just make sure you get the 185cm one and not the 2 metre version to fit in with the new rules (assuming your skis fit - 185cm ski's easily do BTW)
That is SUCH a good idea, thanks, particularly since there are some available online at reduced prices! Toofy Grin My skis are only 152cm long, so I'm assuming that I'll easily be able to get my boots (and helmet?) into the bag, as well as all the rest of my clobber? Is the wheely mechanism good? That's important to me, as a pixie!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, Get a 165cm snowboard roller bag if your skis are so short e.g. Da Kine low roller. less weight of the bag itself = more weight allowance for stuff inside it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, thanks, another great idea. Very Happy The wonder of snowHeads... Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IIRC the snowboard ones don't have ski tie downs, if that is important. Any of the Dakine ones are good; the concourse(ski)/high roller (snowboard) at 5kg have thicker padding and than the other versions, fall-line (skiing)/low roller (snowboard) at 4kg and 3kg. The lighter versions are cheaper. I'd decide whether you wanted the padding or the cheapest. Just don't get the 2 metre version!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think the offers are mostly restricted to the end of Oct. Do many SH ski in summer?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowplow, thanks, bought from Edge2Edge a Dakine low roller, just a bit longer than my skis, for £35 inc postage! Horrible colour/print, but who cares? That's so cheap that, if the idea doesn't work out as well as expected in practice, not too much is lost.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hurtle, too good to miss at that price! Great buy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowplow, Toofy Grin Thanks again for the advice!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle, hopefully you won't have too many people with
Quote:

Horrible colour/print
rollers on the collection trolly to mix up with then wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, yeah, I thought that too. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Think the offers are mostly restricted to the end of Oct. Do many SH ski in summer?

Oh yes!! The usual suspect Alpine glaciers are big favourites plus the odd snowHead popping down to the southern hemisphere.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy