Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

McKinley mountain products - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As part of their 45 year anniversary, Intersport in Austria are offering a number of deals, including a McKinley AM 2.0 outdoor watch

The watch has a stopwatch function, altimeter, barometer, thermometer and electronic compass all in a metal case which they claim is water resistant

Wondered if anyone has had any experience of the McKinley product range, as I have to say I've never encounter them in the UK

The watch is only 44 euros, so thought that it is probably worth a punt

Any thoughts?

PS - I've the whole Intersport 45 anniversary catalogue in PDF format is anyone is interested - just drop me a PM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i purchased a pair of walking trainers a couple of summer's ago in LDA as they were very cheap

the insole disintegrated within about 10 days of wearing them so not the best quality gear in my experience......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'Water resistant' actual means it will leak if the weather clouds over so if waterproofing is important don't go there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sleipnir, I've got some of their summer gear - cheap and cheerful is the best description to be honest. It is better than some and if used appropriately for it's cost, not bad. Water resistant covers a host of claims but leaves them free to disclaim if you make a complaint. I would not try immersing it for example and don't be surprised if it mists over if you are a sweaty so-and-so! Laughing

You see lots of it in summer and virtually none in winter out here!

Will respond to the email this weekend by the way!

Sue wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your thoughts folks. May well pass on this watch from McKinley.....

Can anyone recommend a similar watch that is good for skiing, with similar features as the one I mentioned above; altimeter, thermometer, etc. I know that Suunto have a good reputation in this type of watch, but sadly I don't have Suunto money Sad

PS - look forward to hearing from you Sue wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sleipnir, I use a casio altimeter/thermo watch, just for going skiing. Its now about 10 years old, still going strong (famous last words and all that) Draws nice little graphs of height gained and lost (stops you getting bored on long chairlifts!) and is rather good at predicting bad weather (huge pressure drop usually) It is only water resistant, but its never clouded up or anything like that. The thermometer is useless unless you take the watch off as you heat it up!, but it is pretty accurate. At the time i purchased it I don't thnk suunto was even about? I think casio now make various versions. Straps (tend to split every 3 years) and batteries are quite cheap, it reminds you when it needs a battery and switches various parts of the watch off apart from the time, eventually that goes off unless you touch a button.

My daughter used McKinley hiking boots last year, and they stood up to the battering a 8 year old gave them over about 4 weeks walking in all, in fact better than the more expensive salomon pair this year that now look really very secondhand.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy