Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra (Soldeu/El Tarter) early December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Obviously it depends on the snow - but what are the chances and is it a realistic proposition. Can't seem to get she who must be obeyed to conside anywher eelse i.e VT, LDA or maybe East Coast of the States. I really need to get her a confidence building week away before we venture further afield in the new year and she was very comfortable witrh the slopes last time we were in Andorra.

Thanks in advance and feel free to rib me for having the big thumb print on top of my head!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It would have to be a late booking, and chase the snow. A very late booking.

Limiting yourself to Andorra is not going to help you find good snow.

John.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
book now for Andorra, and if you get rubbish snow (which is quite likely at that time of year) next time she'll let you choose the venue.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Pam like your style! Was just windering what it's like there early december - is there normally enough snow?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pyrenees as a whole are very touch n go this early in the season. For the 2/3 of years, they had a good start to the season (last year going on to be one of the greatest, with snow well into spring) but it's definitively a bit of a gamble atthose dates..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've done Christmas in the pyrenees (Baquira Beret) and the resort was green - we had to get a lift up to the snow. It dumped on the day we left ( New Year's eve)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BillyJohnn, meet JasonW:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1309239&highlight=#1309239

He seems magnetically drawn to Andorra too, despite his better judgement.

In all seriousness, Andorra doesn't have great snow in December. Soldeu in the first week of December averages 48cm on the upper slopes, and 16 cm on the lower slopes, but that's only because they occasionally get a big dump like they did last year (120cm/50cm). In 2007/08, it was 11cm and zero, and in 2006/07 it was 2 and 2 (yes, that's centimeters - a very light dusting). If you are not booking it 2 days before you leave, go somewhere else - preferably with a glacier, just in case. If you pay £600 each for a week of skiing and then spend all of it looking wistfully at green slopes and static chairlifts, it won't do much for her confidence, and maybe even less for your relationship.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bin the missus and go somewhere decent
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The quantity of snow it depend. Maybe the first big storm arrive in November, maybe in january. Normally, in december you "can" ski in Andorra, and also they have a enourmous snow making system.

The other good point is that this year the second week of december (exactly 5 to 9th) is holiday in Spain, so they put all the efforts in have the pistes in good condition. So, avoid this days or you'll fight with thousands of crazy people for the firsts runs of the season, after these days and before Christmas are normally really good days if you have enough snow; cheap and quiet. But, be sure, don't ski the holiday week in Andorra, we NEVER do it.

In the Alps december is lower season, cheap, but resorts starting season don't open or put same efforts than Pyrennes, and the quantity of snow is not always better than Pyrennes, it depends where hits the first storm.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agree, early December can bit a little hit and miss, but they have so many snow cannons that there will almost definately be runs open. Last winter they opened early, something like a week before the end of November as there was so much snow! This year is scheduled to open on November 28th.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BillyJohnn, I have been spending a consideable amount of the past 32 seasons in Soldeu and have to agree with most of the posts above. Early December is hit and miss anywhere, I was in Val Thorens 4th December one year and we had hardly any snow but the Pyrenees had just had a serious dump, French TV was showing the chaos on the Spanish roads and 25cm of snow on the Salou beach!
As December is early season everywhere I would hold off booking anywhere until last minute.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ousekjarr, NehNeh

BillyJohnn, we go every year to soldeu and have never had any probs with snow cover, we go 2nd week in jan, we find it cheaper do do a DIY package.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I love Andorra, have lived in Soldeu, and would be wary of booking for actually skiing early Dec too far in advance. To be honest I'd be wary of booking anywhere in Europe except the glacier resorts too far in advance. That's not to say that there couldn't be snow there, just that it is a bit hit-and-miss.

Here's my mum and husband outside our flat in Dec 2004 - huuuuuuuge amounts of snow!

Then over New Year's Eve 2006 we had the crappest weather ever. Everywhere had crap snow. I didn't care - I was pregant and couldn't get out of bed let alone ski Laughing but not good for everyone else in our group.

You get all sorts of snow at that time of year, and it's best to book last minute then. There'll be plenty of rooms going cheap.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy