Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on a Canada trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My g'friend and I are going travelling (from Jan 2010) and are heading to Canada/North America for our first stop. I am an experienced skier and my girlfriend is beginner/intermediate.
I have thought BC would be a good place for 2-3 months skiing. Could anyone let me know good resorts/areas to base ourselves? Also, I have been told that ski area's in Canada are owned by 2 or 3 companies, and it is possible to buy a company lift pass that can be used at all the ski areas run by that particular company. Is this true and if so what would be the best to go with?
With money being an issue due to continued travelling afterwards I have picked Canada (though not Whistler due to Olympics) rather than say Colorado, as I was told it is the cheaper option?
Any help in this would be greatly recieved Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can stick a pin in the map in BC and be near good skiing. However the days of one pass covering you lots of places are reduced I think - the RCR superpass used to cover Lake Louise (now sold), Nakiska, Fortress (now closed), Wintergreen (local ski hill near Calgary now a golf course?), Fernie & Kimberley. I'd just base yourself in one place and maybe take a roadtrip to some others. I suspect Silver Star & Big White might have a combined pass if you want to base yourself in Kelowna or Vernon areas. Kicking Horse & Panorama have some joint marketing deals.

Canada isn't necessarily cheaper than the US as in some places season passes can be very good value and the can$ is relatively strong.

It's worth having a car for flexibility though if you stay in a local ski town e.g. Fernie, Golden, Revelstoke, Rossland hitching to the hill isn't much of a problem.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, I'd agree Canada is often more expensive
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stoatsbrother wrote:
fatbob, I'd agree Canada is often more expensive

with the two dollars near parity, there's not much in it. CO is a very expensive place in US. Lots of considerably cheaper places that play to more local markets, like ski hills in Northern Idaho (Schweitzer, Silver), Montana (eg Whitefish), even SLC if you can get a good deal on a multi-hill pass still.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gortonator, Hey that Silver pass was very expensive all 200 of it.

fatbob, I like the Okanagon idea as it splits the abilities of the two and offers roadtrip options. She's going to need at least a month if not a winter so they can really ski together. Otherwise any small area would be perfect and there are plenty.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy