Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Low key or something different resort recommendation for New Year week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm definitely going back to the Dolomites Feb/Mar next year but I'm also looking at going away just after Christmas Day for a week or possibly a little shorter.

We both enjoy nice scenery and prefer the quiet over partying. We would also be keen to try something a little different (must be skiing involved though!). This could be a different country e.g. Norway, a smaller resort that you have to book direct, a place that has other things to offer or somewhere that has a real Christmas feel to it. I'm just interested if anyone has any recommendations. My wife also prefers not to have a bus journey to the slopes but on slope accommodation isn't mandatory.

Given the price increase over this period, I'd prefer to find places that are cheaper than £1000 each (HB, flights, transfers), which seems to be the average brochure price for this week. Booking late may be the only way to avoid this on a package holiday, so perhaps booking direct with a hotel may be best.

TIA

Andy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pokemon, Hi Andy,

You could try booking with Hotel Les Glieres in Champagny en Vanoise. They have a deal of 7 nights half board + 6 day La Plagne lift pass for 676 euros per person staying in a double room with shower for the New Year week. Saturday to Saturday flights are from £143 return from East Midlands to Geneva, a small car from the French side is £160 or £190 from the swiss side. With petrol and tolls it will cost in the region of £850 to £900 per person including half board and lift pass.
The hotel is a small, friendly family run hotel, only 100 metres from the ski lift and the food is usually excellent French cuisine. The village is very picturesque but with great skiing.
If you want the website either PM me or look on google. Hopefully they still have vacancies for that week.

Dave
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skichampcouk, thanks for the info. Hotel website looks good. We have been to La Plagne a couple of times when we stayed in Les Arcs but never quite managed to get as far as Champagny, although very near.

Is the offer listed on their website or did you have some insider info ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pokemon, If you click on the English website, then click on winter at the top of the page, then click on hotel tarif towards the bottom of that page, it will bring up the price list for winter. The price list is in French, the offer of half board is the 3rd block of prices down under the title : SEMAINES «TOUT COMPRIS SPÉCIAL LES GLIÈRES» 7 NUITS + ½ PENSION + 6 JOURS DE SKIPASS : which translates to Les Glieres Special all inclusive week, 7 nights half board + 6 day skipass. Assuming you are between 14 and 65 the price for a week in a room with shower is 676 euros with the La Plagne lift pass, 686 for La Plagne + 1 day Paradiski or 710 euros for full paradiski lift pass.
IF you email them they will reply in English, if you talk to them Jean Francois has reasonable English but Beatrice is more fluent.
If you want me to contact them for you I am happy to do that, my home or mobile number is on our website.
The flights were found on skyscanner.net and car hire prices were from carrental.co.uk yesterday.

Dave
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy