Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Idiot beginner boot purchase

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I realise I am very stupid, but I really liked the idea of having my own boots for my second skiing trip.

I have acquired a pair of Atomic B70 ski boots while I was on holiday in Dubai (I got them from the shop next to ski dubai).

They didn't cost an arm and a leg so if I have to sell them on ebay it won't be the end of the world (although I'd really like to keep them if at all possible)

I wore them for 2 hours in ski dubai and after about 1.5 hours I had bad cramps in my little toe and it was really red when I took them off. My feet were also alternating between burning and going numb.

I expect buying a new pair of boots will come with some issues initially, but is what I experienced a bit extreme?

I have been trying to wear them around the house but I still get the burning/numb sensation after a while.

My feet are very close to the end of the boot, I'm not sure if this would be causing a problem?

Is there anything I can do to make it any better? Or should I cut my losses and get myself to a reputable shop with a proper fitting person there to recommend me a more suitable pair?

Any advice appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
v1cky24, Get yourself to a reputable boot fitter with the boots you have bought. It is possible they will be able to adjust the ones you have, rather than you needing new ones, although nobody can be anywhere near sure of that without seeing you and the boots together.

If they can't adjust the ones you have, they will be able to point you in the direction of suitable boots for your feet and ability.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Alex, I wasn't sure how pleased they would be with me taking the boots I have already bought with me?

I'm going to guess there aren't many of these boot fitters close to where I live - do you think I could take them to a Snow and Rock shop?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what alex_heney, says. B70s are about the right level IMV, so someone should be able to do something with them.
You, presumably, young people should not have issues with spreading feet, but it may just be that an insole will help to prevent your foot sliding forward so much.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
v1cky24, if you go to visit Colin, at Solutions for Feet in Bicester he will charge you a fitting fee depending on the work done - which will be WELL worth it. He'll give an honest and informed opinion about the boots.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
v1cky24, details here. www.solutions4feet.co.uk but he is on holiday this week
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do what my my mate Dave did with his new boots, and haphazardly carve bits of liner off with a pair of nail scissors until they feel ok.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
v1cky24, bootfitters at LD mountain centre in Newcastle used to have a good reputation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks All, much appreciated!

I could do with visiting the solutions 4 feet shop to have a recommendation for some netball shoes, sick of losing my toenails!!

Cheers Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
v1cky24, Bicester also has a designer label discount village
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy