Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flying to tignes - good/cheap airlines, which airport?? etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, were hoping to go on a family holiday to tignes for feb half term this winter. Never been before so just really wanted some info on what the cheapest airlines that fly there are and what the nearest airports are. Anything that i havent thought of with regard to transport is also welcome. Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where do you want to fly from? They're all going to be very expensive at half term, sadly. Everything will be - have you booked accommodation? The airport with the most flights is probably Geneva, and quite a few airlines fly there. But it's quite a long transfer - normally 2.5 - 3 hours, but if the traffic is bad, which it will be, it could take a lot longer.

Were you thinking of hiring a car, getting a taxi or taking a bus?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ollyollyolly, For half term week you almost certainly wont get a cheap flight now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sorry i fergot to put where we are flying from, prefferably stansted but also gatwick or heathrow if we have to.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just found 8 adult returns with ryan air for £1300, that seems pretty cheap to me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ollyollyolly, That's really good for then, where to? Does that include all Ryanair's add ons?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
actually i just realised the departing flight was at a ridiculous time, so i changed the flight time to about 10 in the morning which raised it to 1500, which is still pretty good, and the baggage cost was 120 for 6 bags, i cant get any further without putting in loads of details which i cant be bothered to do so i assume thats it cost wise.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oh and the flight was to grenoble
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Still reasonable. I'd think about Alpe D'Huez or Les Deux Alpes from Grenoble though. Far quicker, easier, cheaper transfer.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeah but we have found a budget but nice looking chalet in tignes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In order of distance and approximate driving time in a car.

Chambery - 1hr 45 minutes

Lyon / Geneva - 2 hours 30 minutes

Grenoble - 2 hours 30 minutes

Very little to choose between Lyon & Geneva in terms of travelling time, grenoble can be quite a tricky airport to get in /out of (built in the middle of nowhere!). HOWEVER this assumes 0 traffic and if you're are looking to drive into resort on the Saturday of 1/2 term on a midday landing, then allow some 6 hours if not longer from Lyon/Geneva Personally I'd pick the most uncivilised time you could possibly find to fly and take that as it reduced the risk of spending much time stuck in traffic jams on the way to Bourg Sans Maurice.

I agree with ColinB I'd definitely take ADH or LDA from Grenoble in preference as I believe their normal (drive) times to be about an hour and whilst will also have traffic don't have quite the same degree as bottleneck as the highway to half-term hell aka N90
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

allow some 6 hours if not longer from Lyon/Geneva Personally I'd pick the most uncivilised time you could possibly find to fly and take that as it reduced the risk of spending much time stuck in traffic jams on the way to Bourg Sans Maurice.

what happened to Maurice, bertie bassett?

He's right, ollyollyolly, though even an uncivilised start from STansted will get you on the road at Lyon/Grenoble in the thick of it. Will you be hiring cars or getting a taxi or bus?

Would a package with transfer work out cheaper?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

what happened to Maurice, bertie bassett?

Laughing pam w, .

He is a small stuffed marmotte that lives on my bedside table, pining for the Savoie... Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy