Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going here with Peak Retreats.
Staying in either Les Balcons de Val Cenis Village or Les Balcons en Haut at end of Jan.
Does anyone have any feedback on the Resort, the TO or either of the Apartments?

Cheers, B.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bongo,
Went to VC a couple of years ago.............didnt stay at the apartments you mention but did see them whilst there; both look pretty good but think the 'village' ones are better located . VC is pretty low key so if lively apres is your thing, look elsewhere BUT ther are a few bars & restaurants that are very good value ( for France ) . Skiing is nice with lots of tree lined skiing, although you may get bored if your an expert skier. VC is also now linked to neoghbouring slopes of Termignon ( spelling may be wrong......opps) which give 125km of piste so not too bad at all. Ski hire is also cheap compared to other resorts I,ve been to & lift pass isnt to expensive either .
I really liked the place & would go back if a good deal was on offer. Go ahead & book it, I,m sure you'll enjoy it.
I think peak retreats do euro tunnel flexi pass upgrade so that is a good deal.
CheersMitch
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Mitch, This is sounding like a real possibility! As we are family the Apres Ski is (unfortunately) not that important for a few more years Sad
Have loads of questions so if you or anyone else can answer them it would be very much appreciated.
Would we have far to walk between accomodation and ski school (given we will be carrying extra skis at some point)?
What is ski school like - do the instructors really speak English?

That's it for now but I'm sure we will have more later.
Cheers, B.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bongo,

Went to VC in Feb and enjoyed it so much we are going back on Boxing day !
Stayed in Les Balcons village, which was a great location, 5 min walk to ski school / lift. Ski back to door in the evening, cant ask for more than that.
Ski school was good some spoke better English than others but think generally ok

Skiing is fab Very Happy with loads to keep you occupied - some brilliant off piste within resort as well which really made it for me !

we went in Half term and even then it wasnt too busy except the main blue run back to resort late afternoon as the ski schools finished, good excuse to go off piste rolling eyes

Any questions PM me
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Mitchell & kwaka for all info so far.

As we live very close to Portsmouth we are trying to decide whether to use the overnight ferry to Caen on a Friday rather than drive 2.5 hours (+)to Folkestone during rush hour. There's no difference in cost once you take into account less driving and no overnight stop going but we were just concerned on the reliabilty of the Ferry Service in the winter months. Any thoughts.

Cheers, B.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bongo, Been a couple of times. Agree with many of the above comments. When we went the instructors English for the kids was pretty good but it probably varies between different instructors.
If you are taking the car anyway there is a reasonable sized car park next to the main lift if your accommodation is not convenient. Though you may have to drop the kids and park for ski school as the meeting place is a little bit away from the main gondola.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bongo. Why book through Peak Retreats. We are going to Val Cenis at end of January. We have booked Les Balcons at Val cenis direct on its own web site. You get 5% discount if you book before end of Sept.

We are driving and have got chunnel booked through Tesco club card. So Chunnel was free Laughing

So saved on what a tour operator would charge. Also as accom booked on credit card and also have an annual holiday insurance policy. All is covered.

If you are going at half term then you may find Les balcons may be all booked up already. But last weekend in jan certainly has spaces still.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is where I'm going in December. I'm flying to Geneva then hiring a car.

If folks are interested I will post up my thoughts on return.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There has been quite a lot on here about Val Cenis (some of it by me). For example see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44504#1066326 and also here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=981270#981270 and various other places (see forum search top left of page). (click on thumbnails to enlarge)
You can use the local buses to ski other resorts in the valley. (I'm not going to post all the details and photos again Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would definitely recommend the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen - as we are also based in Portsmouth it's one we use ourselves. With the overnight, you arrive fairly early in the morning, the 1 hour time difference has already been factored in and then the drive is the same as from Calais in terms of distance. The only slight drawback is that you have to go round Paris but most of the time I have done it it has been fine.
Otherwise for more tips on the resort and the accommodation just call and ask for someone who has stayed there - most of those who work for Peak Retreats have.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy