Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les gets - jan or march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are also thinking of les gets with esprit and can go late jan or early march - any pros and cons for each time of year . will it be warm and melting in march due to low altitude ?
anyone any info on location of exprit chalets - descriptions reads if though there might be a walk to the lifts. thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
backhojo, Les Gets has had very good snow in both January and March, over the past couple of years (06/07 was bad everywhere, but even so, LG was skiable, if not epic! The snow arrived - as per the locals were saying it would - around 25th Jan) The low altitude isn't such a big deal due to the proximity to the Mont Blanc effect, pasture pistes, tree shelter etc. If the worst did happen, you can ski to Morzine from the Folliets lift above the village (easily reached by free ski bus or car) and from there, reach Avoriaz.

Not sure where the Esprit chalets are but a quick look at their site says they are 3/4 minutes walk from Mont Chery lifts which doesn't seem bad to me. However, if they are close to Mont Chery, and you need to get children to ski school on the Chavannes side, that may be a bit further. (Les Gets has two sides to the village with mai lifts on each side)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks. i have skied over to les gets from morzine so know roughly where things are. if we go with esprit they have the hassle of taking kids to the lessons - one reason we like esprit !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
backhojo, I've read (from Peter Hardy mostly) of the "altitude problem" in LG. Yet after skiing there every year since 1998 (as late as mid April) I'm yet to notice it, so don't even worry about it.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
backhojo, how early in March? I wouldn't worry from a snow point of view, but the first week is still peak French school holidays, so it might be a bit crowded (that's if any French people go to Les Gets these days!). You should ask for specific info on how long it takes to walk (in ski boots!) to the Chevannes lift though last time we were there there was a little train which ran round the village between the two lifts, and was useful (though in French fashion is stopped for a long lunch rolling eyes )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks. pam w - see my other posting on the "tignes vs peisey" posting as it will explain things in a little more detail.
I like the portes du soleil as its very varied and like exploring the litle swiss resorts although the endless drags and t-bars over that side play havoc with my knees !!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
backhojo, thought I had replied to this but it 'disappeared'.

No problem early March with melting snow, aspam w, says it will still be quite busy then - and the French are still coming to LG, we have two French families staying next February in different weeks when we shall be back in the UK, and the summer was the same.

The little train does run round the village still (and stops for lunch) which is useful for the children, its not a bad walk between the lifts though for adults. I think it would take me more than 3/4 minutes to walk from the Esprit accommodation if its where I think it is, will check that when we go past later today. But if you are not taking dawdling small children to classes then that is not your problem.

The end of January is also good and we enjoy it here then. Hope you can decide between the various resorts you are looking at.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
backhojo, I remember last season listening to much raucous singing by the Espirit staff en route to the ski school rendezvous, jolly-on type songs Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy