Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Total - what are they like?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ed123, we booked with Esprit in March 2012 for a Feb Half term 2013 holiday in a chalet hotel, so got a few early bird/repeat booking discounts. Left it too late to get in for Feb Half term 2014, hence the other question re Oburgergl, which incidentally is way more than the 4 of us paid with Esprit - Hotel alone is over 5k euros, add on to that flights etc etc etc..... jees (and don't all trump up at once about being stupid, rich, more money than sense, because we are neither but as it's a special Family holiday.......)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed in Plein Sud in Courcheval 1850 in March 2013 and would never book with Ski Total again. Their brochure and websites are completely misleading - for example the '10 metres from the slope' is 10 metres across a valley - to get there you have to walk at least 100m up and down steep and icy steps and slopes. en- suite bathroom does not contain a toilet, clothes and personal belongings had to be stored in the communal lounge, lift does not work. And this was a supposedly 4 diamond plus property - I dread to think what the 3 diamond ones are like.

We've travelled with most of the major chalet companies and I have to say that Ski Total is far and away the worst experience we have ever had. Not cheap either Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you don't fancy Total, try Skiworld, never had a bad experience with them (but to be fair only bad experience I've had was with Crystal, and even they have been fine most trips, just avoid L'Hermitage in Alpe d'Huez)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We booked by telephone. Their website described chalet as spacious with all en-suite rooms. On arrival we found the room so small it could only contain two single beds, a bedside table & tiny bathroom with no lavatory. Also, lift to 4th floor not working, distance to slopes misleading. We complained immediately and were offered use of a communal lavatory and a cupboard in the sitting room for our clothes. We asked to speak to a manager but after three further requests and two hours wait no manager contacted us. Eventually we spoke to a rep by telephone. He told us there was no alternative accommodation in the resort and he was looking for a chest of drawers for us. He said the chalet staff told him we would be happy with this. They denied it. Having been misled by the website and telephone rep, ignored by the manager and lied to by the company rep we left. Ski total has refused any apology or compensation
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many years ago I used to deliver hire skis to a couple of Ski Total chalets in Meribel. One of them had the same host all season, who seemed to be enjoying it all. In the second one though, I never saw the same host twice; often it would be a new arrival from the UK, once it was the resort manager, another week the minibus driver! I've no idea if the chalet was cursed but clearly the guests in those two chalets had quite different experiences. Sadly the recruitment process of the large tour operators really throws an unknown quantity into the mix, and for various reasons they rarely have good quality returning staff.

Smaller Meribel operators who do manage to attract and retain good staff would include Fish and Pips, Ski Cuisine, Ski Basics, and Meribel Ski Chalets. Real top dollar gets you Consensio, Alp Leisure and Purple Ski but don't expect change from 30k.

Sadly the end of season penny pinching activities mentioned earlier happens in a lot of operators, I know from personal experience that London head offices just don't see any value in decent vacuum cleaners and getting ovens repaired. Also recall when the 'unlimited wine' was severely cut back in the final weeks with Ski Beat - explanation given that management feared the staff would hide supplies away for the end of season parties...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So that'sgrw1966 and fenella whose only posts on Snowheads are to give Ski Total a flaming.

Must be a coincidence, I'm sure....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No coincidence, we read the site but have had little call to contribute, then we wished to share some info we did, mostly we have a great time and endless posts saying somewhere was great is not so good, why this would appear to irk you I am baffled. I hope if you found something unpleasant you would alert others.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

it was reported by a complainant that "the other chalet guests included a JP, a Senior Partner in Law Firm, 2 Army Officers, and a couple of Public Sector Senior Managers." Yep, that sounded like an effin' horrible recipe to me too,

ah, that doesn't sound too bad - apart from the two managers... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fenella, I think it's the fact that you're posting using two user names and posting similar things on different threads that stands out the most
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy