Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains between Innsbruck and St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know when the winter timetable for trains between Innsbruck and St Anton will be available?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks DB,

I should have stated in my original posting that the OBB website only shows the timetable up to 12 Dec 2009.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quicker by taxi and possibly cheaper if a group of you. The timetable is usually on the St Anton website too, but as you state, this will be for last year. As their season starts at end of Nov I would imagine that the timetable will be released Oct/Nov. Trains roughly once an hour from memory
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/zug_st.anton-innsbruck_09.pdf
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would definitely recommend the train over a taxi. The whole thing was really well organised, bus waiting outside the airport to get you to the train station, a guy helped you on with your bags and was not expensive. We had a bit of a wait at the train station, maybe 30 mins, enough time to grab a quick beer so not an issue. The train departed on time and arrived on time, sat in the food carriage and had a couple of drinks in a very relaxed atmosphere. Loved the novelty factor of arriving by train into the resort too. Only done that in Zermatt before.

Cant help with the times and cant remember the price but it was not what I would consider expensive. There were 4 of us on our trip and being a tight yorkshireman I got quotes for hiring a car, getting a taxi and the train worked out cheapest.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Winter timetables in Europe change over on 13 December. They are normally published around end of October . From experience regular routes the timetables hardly change at all.

Quickest train (no changes) takes around 1hr & 10mins

For customers without reduction
Standard 2nd class ticket 20.10 Euro
Standard 1st class ticket 35.20 Euro

If you got a discount card its half price.

Return costs double.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Done both train and taxi, Taxi 160 Euros or more two season ago, train price as other post but i paid 17 Euros two season ago one way, train station in the center of the resort and trains run all day and the last one is about 11.00 pm back to Innsbruck. They serve beer on the train Very Happy

Actually a nice day trip with a taxi to the resort and a train home to carry on the apres in the buffet carraige Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy