Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt Ski Schools and Ski Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody have any views on the best ski schools in Zermatt for beginners.

Also if you know of any cheap ski hire places would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a beginner-y snowboard lesson with Summit. It was alright, but really expensive.

Nothing's 'cheap' in Zermatt, but the ski hire shop directly at the foot of the Gondola that goes to Furi (far right hand side on the piste map) was friendly and stocked good equipment, and had plentiful lockers and boot warmers and all that jazz - so I'd recommend them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used Flexrent opposite the Sunegga Express, also at Klein Matterhorn, as Paulio describes above, I think on his reccommendation, who were excellent but not minimally cheap!

Zermatt is not a place for beginners though. The nursery slopes are either very high and a long travelling time, or lower and prone to becoming icy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used Summit Ski School twice for skiing lessons and been very happy with them. As paulio, said they are not cheap though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain Haddock, I think it might have been from another sH from whom I also got the recommendation.

This whole "OMFG not for beginners" thing... WTSS are very keen to point this out too. I don't agree. The blues around Riffelberg are absolutely fine and served by a nice fast comfy chair.

It's not exactly La Grave is it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't think I meant Flexrent, I think it was a different one. At the bottom of the little elevator.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio, No I agree but it depends when you go. Peak season its very crowded, end of season its icy in the mornings there. Rothorn has a beginner area with the same caveats. A brave beginner would be fine, a cautious one could be totally unnerved and might be better off in a quiter resort. (This is the opinion of Mrs Haddock who is perhaps not the bravest)
There are some great winter walks around though should the unnerving happen Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have used Stoked who have a good reputation but I didn't get a great instructor, another member of our group got a British guy and he was excellent. It's hit and miss unless you have a specific recommendation. Another time I used the Swiss school and got a great local guy, Thomas Biner, fantastic and cheaper than Stoked.

The good thing about Flexrent is that they will store and move your kit between lift bases overnight for you, leaving you unencumbered for your apres Toofy Grin Flexrent is the one at the top of elevator at the Klein Matterhorn gondola and also opposite the Sunnega funicular.

Cheaper ski hire? Maybe in Tasch before going up the train? I don't know.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would recommend Stoked too-loads of English instructors and everyone there is lovely! Couldn't say a bad thing about them!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy