Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now... Euro$tar baggage requirements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

excellent news

even if the use of apostrophes leaves a little to be desired. wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was diagnosed type 1 diabetes 3 months before we travelled to ski this year. Flew from Gatwick to Turin and back and no-one batted an eyelid much to my surprise - I was expecting a battle to carry the pen on with me. To be fair, I know you would struggle to do any damage with the needles on a pen, but I suppose you could inject somebody with a load of insulin and do some damage?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blunty, And then restrain them to prevent them from taking in any additional carbs for the next 30 mins Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarpa, no need to restrain them, there's little chance of carbs on a cheap flight these days...or protein...or fats... Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am sitting here reading through this thread absolutely astonished. It would never have occured to me that a flight, or other form of public transport would have a problem with injections being carried to overcome a genuine medical need and supported by a doctors note, and into that category I would certainly lob insulin injections and probably epipens.

Then to read about the Eurostar and ski and axe restrictions, crikey, when I think back to the large wheeled ski bag that I took on Eurostar in 2008 with no problems whatsoever. Also, this restriction on axes etc. At the end of the day what is Eurostar? Yes, just another train - you don't get problems on trains that don't cross the channel with builders carrying toolbags to work, with sports people carrying cricket bats and snooker cues, and I doubt you would get a problem with a circus knife thrower carrying his work bag, or a mother who had just treated herself to a carving knife set in the local John Lewis sale, so why the hell does Eurostar feel the need to pretend that they are similar to an aeroplane - is it all down to the perceived danger in a terrorist attack whilst in the chunnel? Yes, as noted above a terrorist attack could happen, but I agree that the scale would be unlikely to be on a par with, say 9/11 Afterall trains go through tunnels all the time in places like Switzerland with and I bet they carry the housewife and her brand new carving knife set without problems.

The world's gone ape Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, Sorry...you have spoken blatant common sense. No money can be made out of you so you will be hunted down and shipped to the third world.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm, someone my mum knows who's good with power tools fixed my boyfriend's dad's chainsaw. We then gave boyfriend the chainsaw and packed him off on his train home. (Local branchline, two stops to Lincoln)

He was very nearly not allowed on the train (it was the last train home), and luckily the guard relented and said he could go on if the guard kept the chainsaw in the train cab, which he did. Chainsaw had no petrol in but I guess is still a good weapon!

Also in Gainsborough some stalker ex lover attacked this woman's current lover - with an ice axe. Serious injuries ensued...

Still think the rules for Euro* trains and planes are ridiculous. :/ Especially when there's loads of youths no doubt carrying knives on our normal trains.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa wrote:
Seriously, if someone was withholding my medication and there was a chance of me suffering irreversible medical damage as a result you would have seen an air rage incident of massive proportions and a lawsuit to counter the assault charges Twisted Evil

any possible wrong moves will actually be a damage..

You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was also concerned about the apparent contradiction between the 85cm length restriction mentioned in their baggage policy, as highlighted by cad99uk, and the advertising schtick so also asked the question, explicitly stating the length of my skis (185cm). Got the same reply as Butterfly, word for word (except it came from Aurore rather than Wayne). So that'll be fine then - as I march up to check-in at 6am ( Shocked ) armed with my trusty email printout Wink . I guess I may have to leave the ice-axe at home though Sad .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
oh..interesting, I am thinking about getting the train down in a few weeks...

what a pain in the butt tho....

The car is looking the better option by the second. I bet the ferries and tunnel love all this nonsense...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can understand people's shock re the injections - that's an actual genuine medical need, and I'd have thought with a GPs letter it should be treated in the same way as liquid medicines. But are you really surprised about the ice axe? Personally, I'm glad that any tom, dick or harry can't wander onto the train with an ice axe!! This is the Eurostar, it goes through the channel tunnel - it's a target for terrorists, so it's quite right there should be security restrictions in place.

If you must take your own, then send it via the registered baggage route.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy