Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice required - Travel from Toulouse

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm lucky enough to be in Bacqueira this coming weekend and am luckier enough to have a few (just a few or I'd be heading to Utah!) unexpected inter-employment days off. I could stay in B-B but I like exploring.

Plan A is to head up to the Tarentaise (I've never skied Les Arcs but always wanted to check out Apocalypse country).

Problem - I've checked with SNCF for trains but they are routing me overnight through Paris (!?) which seems rather a long diversion Puzzled

Anyone got any better suggestions? I'm also thinking La Grave & a guide. Any ideas considered. If you're suggesting a resort/area; I'm quite adventurous, I'll ski anything that's stable and am happy to hire local knowledge if fun/sensible/necessary. Am also happy to skin up and use shank's pony for uplift. I can change my queasyjet return flight to return out of Geneva/etc.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
unfortunately, as I recall from when I used to liv down there, Fench railways are vrey much hub based and the route through paris may be the best way of doing it.

there's bags of skiing in the pyrenees though - how about heading fruther west and visiting bareges in France or La Molina in spain?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks nbt, I'll investigate, it's a region I know very little about. That said, I'm staying in Bacqueira with some very hospitable locals who'll point me in the right direction if I stay down there.

Cheers

DM
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, If you're using the www.sncf.fr the programme automatically gives you the simplest option - ie just one change in Paris, even if it does result in an 11/12 hour journey.

If you enter Toulouse to Lyon however, then do another search Lyon to Bourg St Maurice, you can see the alternatives. Three changes - Montpellier, Lyon, Chambery or Aix - but a quicker journey overall if you time it right. It's four and a half hours Toulouse to Lyon, one quick change in Montpellier, then four hours Lyon to BSM with one change. Possible to combine the two parts in nine hours, by my calculation.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, I wondered whether that would work. Thanks for putting in the spadework.

DM
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David, I can't believe I posted my Baqueira message and then saw yours!!!! Where are you staying and how long for? Have you been before? I'm there with the missus, the neighbours and their kids and a mate. Not been before but I've done my research and am quite excited.....having seen the snow report I'm even more excited...check out the latest photos on www.baqueira.es Let me know where' you'll be. We're staying just down the road in Tredos in a lovely hotel there. I must admit booking everything has been a trifle difficult because they try to centralise everything through an agency. In the end I contaced the hotel direct.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy