Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Billy No Mates...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Events have conspired to leave me playing the part of Billy No Mates this year when it comes to a ski trip. All together, now...Aaahhh Sad

I'm trying to convince the (non skiing) Mrs to join me but, given her dislike of the cold and slippery underfoot conditions, I think she'll be staying at home. The only alternative seems to be to find somewhere really nice for her to spend a week reading by the fire...what a waste of money!

Anyhoo, the point of my ramblings is to see if anyone out there is organising a trip and finds themselves in need of an extra body to fill a seat / bed / barstool. I'm fairly flexible on dates and don't care where I go as long as it's not too steep (I'm only in my 3rd week on skis).

Posted more in hope that expectation rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That should have been "......more in hope than expectation", of course! Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red Leon, there's a whole load of of snowHead 's going away at the end of the season. All sorts of shanigans going on, have a read (spare some time as it's now 10ish pages long) of the followig post that explains everything. I'm sure you;ll be made to feel very welcome!! Toofy Grin

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=3181&highlight=
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Red Leon, yeah...come and join the party at PG's place snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Red Leon, you could try snowcoach.co.uk - they take on singles and shove you into a room with a like-minded solo travelling person (same sex only. Sigh) and their club hotels are apparently very sociable at mealtimes. I'm off on my own (husband's working) with snowcoach next week, will let you know how it goes.

Alternatively you could ring the usual Tour Ops a couple of days before departure and take advantage of their desperation to fill beds. Apparently they may sell you a room without the usual single suppliments. There's a thread on this somewhere on this site.

Also, if you book into a chalet, your chalet mates are normally keen to ski with likeminded individuals and you may not have any shortage of ski-buddy offers. Some tour operators offer a day's free ski guiding, which is another way to meet people. Or you could ensure you go to a resort that has a Ski Club of GB rep (see skiclub.co.uk) as they offer daily guiding around the resort, most of which is on-piste, and you should find you're good enough to join in on at least 3 or 4 days.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here's the thread: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4610
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some companies offer five day ski hosting i.e. Mark Warner, Ski Olympic and (Manda) I believe Snowcoach, there must be others, absolutely ideal if you are on your own. Ski Total offer two days hosting. I have often taken advantage of this service and had a really good time....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon, or maybe try to pick a resort that the Mrs would go to ... maybe one with some good shopping and a nice spa and day trips to other places ?? We've skiied in March a few times, and it has always been sunny most of the week ... so there was no ice underfoot ... and it was lovely sitting out on the terraces ...

I think there was thread here about resorts for non-skiiers that might give you some suggestions ...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sallyanne, yes, forgot to mention the guiding - which is also why I chose snowcoach!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Red Leon, I'm trying to organise a last minute trip and 2 people have dropped out leaving three of us. We might need a spare male to share with our third person also male. The week we are looking at 19/20th feb- somewhere in Italy to avoid the school children. We are on a budget so price 250 not including lift pass.
If interested let me know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend of mine runs a chalet hotel - nothing terribly smart but comfortable with a good atmosphere very close to one of the best bars in town and about 75m from the pistes - give Catharine a bell at www.holidayalps.com you'd not feel like billy no mates there!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helena, Hi, just scanning the availabilites and was wondering if you have filled the places on your ski trip, cos I'm also like "red leon", looking for a place/buddie(s) to get together with around that time. And "BUDGET" is a word. neh...essential that is at the forefront of my mind, but as u know, time is running out.
I'm not on the PC very much (accsesability) but I hope you can reply very soon. ....Tom, Devon,
If I don't see or hear from u, have a great time and check out my own personal request. See yer
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy