Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow board boots and a helmet?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son has bought himself a board and bindings and for his birthday-Saturday he has requested that mam and dad buy him some boots and a helmet. Where would the best place to make the purchase, I am not too far from Lockwoods in Leamington and there are other places around, we visited MK snozone last night and looked in EB but nothing was on offer, a sales chap said there is a massive sale on in Manchester with up to 75% off!!
Would it be worth the journey?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
northantsred, AFAIK lockwoods stopped doing snowboard kit a while back...may be worth a call though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm heading to M'cr to take a look tomorrow (after a helmet and a jacket) so I'll stick something up once I'm back about what they've got then you can decide if you think it'll be worth the trip. Unless you were planning on going tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
if you are near MK try bucks boarding (BBC) or SS20 in oxford, both have kit on sale and they really know their stuff. If you are buying him boots make sure that you take him in to try them on and get them properly fitted as all the boots vary hugely in shape and size.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
northantsred, If you look at the EB website, it is an end of season sale, the season being the summer season not the winter one. They do have a pre season sale of the previous years stock at the Manchester Castlefield shop every year, but I dont think this is it, it usually in October and I always get an email from them.

What might be of interest to you is the Ellis Brigham clearance outlet at Ski Rossendale, this is the clearance outlet for all the EB in the country and is such a well gaurded secret they dont even publish it on their own website, so dont tell everyone. I have had some right bargains from there, like some £300 Technica boots for my wife for £80, didnt quite fit right so he gave Castlefield a ring and told them we would be popping in for fitting FOC. But its only ten minutes away from me. If you ring the Castlefield store they will give you the number for Rossendale, give the store a call, the guy in the store is really helpful and he will let you know what stock and sizes he has. He will not sell you anything which is not which is not right for you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kel, see this http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=54387 it is the pre-season sale this weekend, postcard came yesterday.

Agree about EB outlet at Rossendale, the chap in there is great, you can be very lucky in there. In-laws live up there so I pop in quite a bit.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm, I must have been deleted from their mailing list, think I'll take a look tomorrow aft before the crowds arrive could do with some new pants.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Visited the Castlefield store today. Nothing much helmet wise, ended up getting myself 2 pairs of gloves tho. They seemed to have a fair few boots on sale, but as that is not what I was there for I didn't pay that much attention to it (seemed to be some good deals on boards/bindings when I had a quick look, but I doubt that's what your son would want to hear!).
Plenty of ski gear to sift through depending on what size you are, bug all that would fit me (Women's 16/1Cool but seemed to be plenty in medium and large (whatever size they are).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks but have sourced the boots locally at a small shop in Weedon called boardersboards. Just need to buy a helmet now but he has all week to look.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy