Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your favourite piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Bois Croizelin
Montalbert
Red

Les Etroits
La Plagne
Black

mont de la guerre
La Plagne to Champagny
Red

les Crozats
La Plagne
Black
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Züser Tali
Lech
Red
(for the scenery)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry - Zürs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can only remember the pistes in Passo Tonale, Kitzbühel and Courmayeur as they are the only resorts I have been to in the last 8 years.

So favourites for each resort as follows:

Passo Tonale: Alpino (red)
Kitzbühel: 23 (black)
Courmayeur: Youla > Gabba > Internazionale (red)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Too hard just for one run.

Here's a few.

Renard (top pitch) - Chatel
Chamossiere - Morzine
Hearse (the bumps) - Grands Montets
High Rustler - Alta
That nice couloir with the sketchy entrance - Blackcomb
The Tiger - Glenshee
(How could I forget -) Crot - Avoriaz - or, at least, the funky route under the Crot chair
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably no way I can remember my favourite or even decide on one after so many different places.

<3 Aiguille Rouge though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MarjMJ, Helen Beaumont, The Tabuc was signposted closed off all week when I was there. However we asked my sisters ESF instructor why it was closed. She said that we were ok to go down it and it was fine. It was more than worth it and yes the moguls were pretty hefty snowHead .

Haven't been down the Lievre Blanc. The Cucumelle is pretty special. I've been told the pistes around the Aiguillette Chairlift are pretty good reds, but have yet been able to check them out.

I hoping to go to Serre Chevalier in Janaury so I'll try that then, and Les Arcs in March for the first time so I'll have to give the Aiguille Rouge ago. When I've been at the top of the Col de Petit St Bernard in the summer I've always looked over in that direction and thought WOW.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
Too hard just for one run.

High Rustler - Alta

Closing day this winter, probably the craziest on mountain party I have ever been part of, and the ski down at 9pm is.. slightly more epic than usual!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Foyleres
La Tania
Blue

Just love all the rollers

Les Sache
Tignes
Black

Combe Vallon
Meribel
Red
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Serpentine in Flaine, blue, is also great fun if it's quiet and you've still got your legs.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Armera
Valloire
Blue

Beer Belly
Red Mountain
Black Diamond
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cunners wrote:
Otherwise Star Trek/Waterfall, Sunshine Village: Single Black - my perfect breakfast.

Waterfall? Are you sure?

For me it is at Lake Louise,

Fallen Angel-->Split Rock.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lou wrote:
Serpentine in Flaine, blue, is also great fun if it's quiet and you've still got your legs.

That the one that runs down form the top? I remember one classic late afternoon with some mates when thee was no one esl around an we belted down there at Mach 1. Well quite fast, anyway Very Happy Lovely run. Great views. Thanks for that - you've reminded me what a great area that is.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv wrote:
Cunners wrote:
Otherwise Star Trek/Waterfall, Sunshine Village: Single Black - my perfect breakfast.

Waterfall? Are you sure?

For me it is at Lake Louise,

Fallen Angel-->Split Rock.

Star Trek is the good bit, but there's some satisfaction about hurtling straight down waterfall afterwards before going for a coffee Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Knot Chutes - Anaconda Glades - Bootleg Glades, Fernie They're a bit crap at grooming it though.
latest report
Having finally persuaded best friend to book a chalet in Les Arcs (yay!) I'm pleased to see so many thumbs up for the Aiguille Rouge.

I tend to get a lot of runs all jumbled up in my mind, and don't remember one run to the next, although there was a little fluffy bit between pistes (names long since forgotten in my head) in La Plagne that holds a lot of fond memories for me - long before I became a 'skier' and was merely a survivor, we dared each other to jump off a little lip there into deep snow and photographed each other falling face first into the deep soft snow. Happy days!

My favourite run is not one piste, and it probably wouldn't feature in anyone else's list of best runs, but it is special to me because of the days I've had there. It's Llebre (a red) in Soldeu - my old route home. My brother, husband and I used to race each other down it as fast as we could and whoever was down first bought the drinks. The last bit you had to chose between the main blue run or run the gaunlet with the rookie snowboarders on the bottom bit of Avet (a black). It wasn't the piste that was so good as the memories. *sigh*

I also like Mirador in Grau Roig, Andorra. It means 'view' in Spanish, and a view is what you get! It used to be a red, but inexplicably became a black a couple of years ago.
snow report
STOP THE BRUTAL GROOMING Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Ahorn Abfarht, Mayrhofen
Ventina - Cervinia
Schwarz Pfanne - Hintertux
Reds 7 & 81 - Ischgl
latest report
A choice of two for me.

Either the Hidden Valley run to Armentarola in the Dolomites (Red), or run 1 down to Hochfugen in the Zillertal (Red).
latest report
My favourite would be along the lines of Arno's linking but I would choose Tunnel - Chocards - Dome - Rousses - Chalets - La Fare at Alpe D/Vaujany.

For challenge, probably Corbets at Jackson.
ski holidays
Four O'Clock Run
Breckenridge
Blue (equivalent)

Aguille Rouge
Les Arcs
Black / Red

Why aren't I there now? Sad
snow report
Currie bowl, Fernie.

Especially Concussion/Toms, running out the natural half pipe lower in the bowl.

John.
ski holidays
Christopher,
Quote:

I've been told the pistes around the Aiguillette Chairlift are pretty good reds, but have yet been able to check them out.

Oh yes, they certainly are. The Aiguillette right by the chairlift exit is fairly steep to start off with, then turns into a great sweeping run through the larches. You get great views up towards the Galibier too from the top, and the Etudes run is the easier start option. All very peaceful. We usually spend a half day there at least, as there is so much variety in terms of pitch of terrain on piste [and that is not counting all the tree skiing you can have too, though you have to be careful as some bits are protected, and other bits are, well, classic 'pylon' territory.]. Always quiet, and when the rest of the resort feels skiied out, it can be blimming good snow.

The lievre blanc doesn't exist anymore - it used to go from the top of the Chantemerle gondola all the way to Serre Ratier, but has been erased/renamed over time. The bit I like is at the below junction of the Luc Alphand and Stade heading towards Aravet and the drag lift at Champcella.

Amending...

Etudes
Red
Serre Che.
ski holidays
Theres a red and a black above Col Fosco in the alta badia part of the sella that I love..they're always empty and you can really let you inner hooligan out. Theres plenty others but can't remember them off hand
snow report
Christopher, it's nearly always shown as closed, that's not my reason for not skiing it, I'm a wuss when it comes to moguls. If I could see them from a chairlift I would be OK, but the thought of heading down there and being scared witless does not appeal.
latest report
Courchevel - Combe pylones & Grand couloir
Both good fun with the bonus of a nice café at the bottom with a lift straight back up
snow report
Arbis, Les Gets/Morzine, Red.
snow conditions
A long time since I skied pistes much, but I used to like:

Grand Couloir - Courchevel - (black when I skied it, but now an itinerary I think)
Sache - Tignes (black, though really only the last 1/3 is black),
the Villaroger run from the Aiguille Rouge - Les Arcs (black, though the top half is really red - I'm not sure which people mean by the Aiguille Rouge run - there are several good black ones starting there, though the direct red to the cable car isn't that interesting).

I don't know if itineraries are counted (some good ones in St Anton and Verbier)

More recently Expert chutes and Alta Chutes - Jackson Hole (double black but would be off-piste in Europe)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
papasmurf,

Quote:

Theres a red and a black above Col Fosco in the alta badia part of the sella that I love..they're always empty and you can really let you inner hooligan out. Theres plenty others but can't remember them off hand

Id forgotten about that one, it's fabulous !
ski holidays
Hidden Valley, Mt Laguzuoi, nr Cortina, red

Trifi bumps, Zermatt, black

Mugengrat-Tali, Zurs, red

Savages gulley, Raise, red/black

Meall Odhar to Tom Dearg, Glenshee, blue

Piste Perdue, Val D'isere, part green/part cave Shocked
snow report
le tunnel in Alpe d'Huez. Not really a piste as such but a marked track, but fantastic. Very Happy
ski holidays
papasmurf, The black run above Colfosco must be the widest black run in the Alps but as say is great for giving it the gun !
latest report
I 2nd Le Tunnel - for a buzz

I 3rd Sache - great fun
snow report
Ahorn abfahrt - Mayrhofen - Reddish (full-blown terror)

Ok/Orange - Val d'isere - Red (superb at top speed)
ski holidays
Flypaper - Glencoe - Steep Black (for about 80 metres!)
snow report
If you can join pistes
Top to bottom at Glencoe by virtually any of the pistes is good but I will go spring run to plateau to left of the chair (No idea what it is called)

For a single piste the run from the top of St Luc all the way to the bottom on a red is varied long and beautiful but I have only done it twice and cannot remember its name.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

I'm a wuss when it comes to moguls. If I could see them from a chairlift I would be OK, but the thought of heading down there and being scared witless does not appeal.

You should give it a go when the snow's good, the moguls can get quite big but it is not particularly steep anywhere (Much less so than Isolee for example). It is also one of the most scenic runs in serre che, you feel more away from itall than on any other piste.
latest report
Anywhere that's not full of gapers/punters and is either steep, wide, open and hard-packed snow, steep, deep and powdery or steep and heavily mogulled Smile Failing that, Pendle Smile
latest report
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Anywhere that's not full of gapers/punters.....

Which rules out the Tunnel at ADH.
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Anywhere that's not full of gapers/punters.....

Which rules out the Tunnel at ADH.
So true. I was one of them. Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy