Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis - but which ones?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I sold my skis the winter I was pregnant, with the idea I would treat myself once I was back skiing. I haven't had new skis in so long, and have improved a lot since my last new skis, but now the time has come for me to have new skis, and I'm spoilt for choice. I hired skis last year, with the idea that each time I skied I would try different ones, and all that happened was that nowhere had all the skis I wanted to test, and I kept getting the same ones. I skied the whole season across a variety of resorts and terrains on Salomon Origins (the wood look ones.) I was lucky enough to be able to try them in such diverse conditions as spring freeze-thaw slush and crud in the Pyrenees, and also in the awesome superdry fluffy powder of the Artic Circle in January. They were fab fab fab! I loved them. Prior to the start of the season all the reviews I had read pointed to me wanting a pair of K2 Lotta Luvs, with the Origins being a second choice.

So my question is this; are the K2s even better? And should I buy a pair and hope for the best? Or are the Salomons as good as it gets? Which is fairly good, btw.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pandora, you've tried them, and you loved them. Why risk buying something else because a completely different skier claims they might be somehow better?

Either buy the skis you loved, or demo the K2s before you buy anything (and probably end up buying the ones you loved anyway ha-ha!).

Cheers!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pandora, what he said.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the ones which colour matches your boots wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pandora, this seasons Lotta Luvs are fatter than in previous seasons - I loved the 07/08 ones but I'm now looking elsewhere to replace them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy