Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

can anyone recommend a self catered chalet in les Gets for 6 adults and 6 kids? Ideally we'd like to be close to the ski schools and ski-in/ski-out, not to mention reasonably priced Laughing

baggins x
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bagginsmum, Welcome to snowHead Chalet Babar is very good, almost ski in/out, although a bit of a walk to the centre.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bagginsmum, Welcome to Snow Heads snowHead What week are you looking at? The size of chalet you are looking for (and the prime location Very Happy ) will now be difficult to find for a peak such as New Year or Half Term, but if you are looking outside those times, PM me and I'll send you some contacts which may help ('my' chalet has already gone for the peaks and isn't large enough anyway).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, we're looking for week beginning 6th March so out of school time- bad parents Embarassed If you could PM me any ideas? We have looked at a few. One was chalet Flora. Any info?

Thanks Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bagginsmum, PM on the way - I don't think you're bad parents! We take our sons out of school for a week in January too Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bagginsmum, Chalet Flora is almost next door to Babar - just a couple inbetween. They are along the road from our chalet - very easy access to the slopes, particularly as the piste basher came up much further last year and so the narrow bit through the trees was smoothed out. There is a ski bus twice an hour if you don't want to walk into the village or take a car.

Flora is very new so will be in good nick.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks- we have booked chalet Flora and are sorting out lessons for the kids with ecole 360 (hopefully)
Any tips/ suggestions for Les Gets welcome as we have been skiing 3 Valleys with the kids for the last 4 years
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bagginsmum, 360 very good. Book well in advance.

I know resort well as does Pamski so happy to help if you want to know things Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is it easy to get over to Morzine from les Gets ( & vice versa ) ???? ( wont bore you with the reasoning behind this question)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes - no problem, easy ski over in each direction. No distance by car and there are buses that run during the day - 1 euro however far you go.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pamski,
And 'normal' level of snow cover early april ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
excluding last 2 seasons!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mitchell, have been there 2nd week of April over last four years no problems, has been really great. But Toofy Grin that's been on the way back from somewhere else and not our main ski hol. Although we've never had to, I personally wouldn't book for early April unless prepared to drive to somewhere higher just in case ie Avoriaz.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I stayed at the chalet linked below last year and the place was great, also the folk that owned the place were excellent, they come round introduced themselves but didn't interfere at all; just told us what was available and couldn't do enough for us. Also the guys who catered for us in the chalet were great and the food was amazing.
My group and I were new to the area and got a lot of tips from the owners on where to go, we also had a guide who worked at the chalet who was great and the guys catering guided us one day on their day off which was above and beyond the call of duty.
http://www.independentmountain.com/resorts/morzine/accommodation/catered/sleeps16/chalet-la-beziere
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mitchell, from recollection - excluding the last 2 seasons - it has been fine at the start of April.

We tend to think that once we get towards the end of the season we will be driving over to Avoriaz (Ardent for access usually) more, generally because we can get slightly longer days out of the snow there at that time of year and also to get value out of PDS seaon passes. But we still ski locally in Les Gets - sometimes the links get a bit iffy, bit they seem to be working harder and harder to keep these open nowadays.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy