Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire in Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi just looking for some cheap ski/poles only hire (not boots) in Courchevel 1850 for a week.

I've come across these http://www.freeride.fr/rental/basket_packs.php?addPack=6&currID=0 who do economy skiis for €58.50 for 6 days. Will they be fine for me (only done a couple of weeks skiing so far) or are there any other recommendations for Courchevel.

I'm not going till February but if I book today there is a 35% early discount for booking in August.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Elmer, if the shop is near the Altiport and you are going on foot it will be quite a hike up the road to get to it. It's not in the resort centre. Have a look online at the Courchevel piste map and the Altiport so you can figure out the distance from where you are staying. On the plus side you will be able to ski back down into resort with your newly aquired skis!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi thanks for the reply

I've not been to Courchevel before so don't know the layout.

The Freeride ski hire place seem to be based in the Hotel Courcheneige http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Courchevel%20Hotel%20Courcheneige&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl which is on the Rue des Tovets. We're staying in Chalet Chamois which is up Rue de Plantret http://www.catered-ski-chalets.co.uk/index.asp?http://www.catered-ski-chalets.co.uk/chalet_details.asp?chaletid=876&zz=0+mainframe

From looking at the two maps it doesn't seem to look too far away from each other, though thats looking at it in 2D heh. The other 6 in our group will probably be using ski republic for their snowboards/skiis and boots as with their two for one offer it works out cheaper with boots as well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elmer, maybe one of the Intersport shops is better located, 40% discount for advance bookings, economy skis €55.50 ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks masmith,

Looks good, though can't see when they stop doing the 40% off.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elmer wrote:
Thanks masmith,

Looks good, though can't see when they stop doing the 40% off.

Why stress about the 40% discount - just go to the shop that's nearest where you are staying when you get there, that seems to have the right kit / levels of service you need. That freeride shop is a good old walk if you're staying below la Croissette and the Jardin Alpin lift isn't running.

Choose the wrong bar and in C1850 that 40% discount will be gone in 2 beers...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Each to their own but when trying to keep the costs of a holiday down I'll stick to paying €55 rather than €90 on hiring the same pair of skis and use the rest on something else
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elmer, the Courcheneige and your chalet are more or less at the opposite ends of the resort, I'd say at least half an hour's walk up the hill. It's been a long while since I stayed in the Courcheneige but from what I can remember the only way for non residents to access the hotel is from the entrance on the piste, so it's not very convenient for you to get to. IIRC there is a resort shuttle bus which goes up to Rue de Nogentil from resort centre (which is where the Courceneige is located, not on Rue de Plantret), but that seems like a lot of hassle especially if you can book an Intersport deal for a similar price. I think there's an Intersport outlet near the Croisette (the main lift station at the centre of the resort) which will be much more convenient for your chalet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elmer wrote:
The Freeride ski hire place seem to be based in the Hotel Courcheneige http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Courchevel%20Hotel%20Courcheneige&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl which is on the Rue des Tovets.

BTW, that Google Maps link points to the wrong location in Courchevel. The Hotel Courceneige is much further up the hill (at 1900m altitude, alongside the dead-end road which spurs off Rue de Nogentil).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys, yup I think I'll go for intersports, glad I posted and checked now heh.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elmer, keep checking for discount at Skiset aswell
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
have a look here, they have lots of different shops around the resort so you can get one close
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You might like to have a look at Ski Republic if there's more than one of you on the trip who needs to rent. They do a 2 for 1 package.
http://www.ski-republic.com/en/ski-hire-and-rental-prices
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy