Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forthcoming BASI AGM and elections

Poster: A snowHead
beanie1,

Wayne wrote:
beanie1 wrote:
Don't forget to vote for the new Articles of Association too.

What the gist of them - we're not letting in people from Yorkshire now we.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mosha Marc, the penny drops! It's all these holidays you see, SO much hard work!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just signed up for this sat at Hemel (where ever the hell that is - Mr Tom Tom will know I hope)

Please don't laugh too much if you see me on Tele's as have never done it before (does fridge snow taste the same as real snow?)
10-10.45
Telemark

Think this should be really interesting
11-11.45
Adaptive – Off Slope session

Again should be a really interest time
2-2.45
Adaptive - On snow

See ya there if you're going
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne, you'll enjoy the adpative, I expect they'll get you using the bi-ski.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey Wayne I booked into the 11 tele session so you can laugh at me after your session Wink

Actually did you get confirmation of your booking? I e-mailed them last Friday and haven't had any confirmation yet!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blasted thing, hung on me and then posted twice - grr! Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 7-10-09 13:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No not got any confirmation yet. I did send an e mail as it said to do on the basi site.
Just going to turn up and hope for the best, assume it will be OK through
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^ Same situation as me then - I might ring them up to double check though Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
roga,
You'll have to wear "the" hat or no-one will know who you are Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LOL, I will won't I Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, do say hello. I'll be on the slope all day - green jacket and red boots. With Andy Jerram if you know him.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wayne, just got an e-mail from Roz confirming my session on Saturday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roga
me too
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cool, looks like we have our sessions sorted ... now, where's me hat Wink
snow report
How did it go? Who was elected?
snow report
coral wrote:
Hi guys, I got directed to this thread via Beanie1 and would be really keen to post here to drum up some support as a candidate for legal director.

Congratulations to coral who was duly elected.

Other contested results:
Marketing: Andi McCann
Telemark: Joe Beer
snow report
That's great, well done Coral!
ski holidays
Well done Coral

Well done Andi
Who is the Interski Congress rep on the board, NOT the Interski Company rep on the board - you had to be at the AGM to understand this bit of waffle Embarassed

Oh and for those who wanted a member's rep on the board, this was brought up by Joe at the agm
ski holidays
Wayne, what was the rseponse to the question?
snow report
beanie1, same as Andy and I discussed a few weeks back: remit of the board is well defined (to appoint CEO, to fulfil statutory responsibilities, to oversee finances, to establish broad strategy for the organisation. It is not to get involved in day to day decision making), and all full members of the association are welcome (and encouraged) to stand for election. Anyone with experience which is relevant to the board's remit should consider standing, not just those who are full ISTDs or Trainers.
ski holidays
Wayne wrote:
Well done Andi
Who is the Interski Congress rep on the board, NOT the Interski Company rep on the board - you had to be at the AGM to understand this bit of waffle Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Razz
ski holidays
Wayne, I'm guessing from the blushing face that someone might have made a bit of a gaffe?!
snow conditions
Me !!!! I did.
I thought he was the interski (company) rep on the board so I asked if h could guarantee that no basi marketing money would be spent on non-basi marketing (ie for companies that are based around aosta). turns out he is the interski (congress) rep on the board.
Oh well Toofy Grin

mind you, someone did strongly object to the way the accounts are published and grilled the basi accountant for ages - which was interesting. Also the basi auditors came in for some flack.
Other stuff that was raised was that there will be a basi insurance available from nov this year
Some old gezzer wanted to have some courses run just for old gezzers to make it better for em - which I (as an old gezzer myself) said was a daft idea as if you're the right standard you'll pass, if you not, you wont. nowt to do with age
etc
etc

bit of an unusual agm as there were lots of people there and lots of people willing to not just sit and agree with stuff.

Oh and the basi ombudsman was a little angry and some stuff

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 11-10-09 15:44; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
Wayne, ha ha, classic! That's very funny. Laughing
latest report
Wayne, There is some info on the demo team here.
snow report
Hi guys just a note to say thanks for your support and that as you know I am Legal Director on the Board going forward. I am keen to keep in touch with your views and if you have anything you would like me to take to the Board please drop me an email either through Snowheads or on my email coral.riddell@pinsentmasons.com. Thanks again, Coral
ski holidays
coral big congrats on the new baby Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy