Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Forthcoming BASI AGM and elections

Poster: A snowHead
beanie1, yes, as it's at Hemel I probably will go. But that's not a question I'd raise formally at an AGM. Don't want to appear in public to be a 'bit of a troublemaker'.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wayne wrote:
Question for coral, prospective Legal Director

No answer yet ?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 5-09-09 7:42; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, I remember when the old grades had representation but did not know why it was stopped.

rob@rar, I agree I would not like to bring this up at agm. Head down lemming etc.

I would not be suprised if anyone with more influence at BASI has not been aware of this thread, I remember a thread last year about BASI which got "pulled" about the time when the site had the most visitors......... conspiracy theories...... aliens
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunk wrote:
I would not be suprised if anyone with more influence at BASI has not been aware of this thread,

I personally think that all trainers are gods, and the basi office staff are saint-like, and I specifically like anything that basi does and I would vote for an increase in the subs so all the office staff could have free holidays in the Caribbean, etc, etc........ wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wayne wrote:
I personally think that all trainers are gods, and the basi office staff are saint-like, and I specifically like anything that basi does and I would vote for an increase in the subs so all the office staff could have free holidays in the Caribbean, etc, etc........ wink

I wholeheartedly support and endorse this statement. Skullie
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dunk wrote:
rob@rar, I agree I would not like to bring this up at agm. Head down lemming etc.

That's right, but I will bring it up in private. Sycophancy to one side for a moment, the BASI top brass seem a reasonable and approachable bunch.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne wrote:
Question for coral, prospective Legal Director (asked Wed 02 Sep, 09 - 08:41am)

Still no answer ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey folks! quick intro, i'm Coral's husband.

I'm not actually here to campaign for my wife but to let you all know that Coral gave birth to a little baby girl a few days ago and hence the lack of reply to Wayne's question. In fact due to our new arrival I doubt she'll be on here in the short term as we've got a more important things to occupy us just now. However Coral is still very committed to the Legal Director role and looks forward to trying to bring a fresh outlook and some new views/opinions to the BASI BoM.

Wayne, as a result - if you're after a response to your question in the short term then i guess asking the existing BASI Legal Director would be a good first step?!?!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MkyMk, welcome and many congratulations to you both Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ooops Embarassed

mega congratulation to you both

ps. wasn;
wasn,t really intested in the actually answer, just wanted to see if I'd get any answer.
But..... she has a very good reason for not answering.

Really hope evrything goes well with the new baby
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MkyMk, congratulations to you both!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For those who may be interested in Andi McCann's campaign, there's a Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Andi-McCann-for-BASI-Marketing-Director/123913679627?ref=mf
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, I do endorse both your last two posts.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have just voted for Andi.
Not as I know anything about his skill in marketing, but just as I have met him a few times and he he seems to be an OK guy.
Don't know if the other's standing would be any good (sure they would) but as have never met em, can't vote for em.

PS - 3rd vote in 17 years in a basi thing

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 11-09-09 16:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, Are you sure yesterday was last day to vote?! AGM not for another month and they've only just sent out the postal stuff? Rubbish if I've missed it!!
ski holidays
Panic over! Just checked and last day to register vote in advance is 8th October.

Don't forget to vote for the new Articles of Association too.
latest report
beanie1 wrote:

What the gist of them - we're not letting in people from Yorkshire now we.
snow conditions
My Annual Report arrived in the post today and gives an overview of those up for election. Probably worth waiting before casting your vote(s)
snow report
ben kinnear for snowboarding director, awesome. Top lad and the right way for boarding to go imo.
snow conditions
Wayne,
Quote:

beanie1 wrote:

What the gist of them - we're not letting in people from Yorkshire now we.

Looks like the biggest change is that to be a voting member you would now have to have a valid licence rather than just hold a qualification and have paid your subs.
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
Looks like the biggest change is that to be a voting member you would now have to have a valid licence rather than just hold a qualification and have paid your subs.

Sounds fair enough.
snow report
So tell me what goes on at a BASI AGM, is it just a day of people talking or are there other things going on? I seem to recall mention of discounted passes for the slope and related stuff going on but I could be mistaken.

It's not that I'm not interested in how it's all run and who runs things but I'm not sure I could take a whole day of meetings and speeches!
snow conditions
roga, info here. The AGM won't last for more than an hour or two I'd guess.
snow conditions
I know that there are telemark taster sessions on offer.
snow report
Thanks for the link Rob Very Happy

FlyingStantoni, that's definitely of interest - it's confirmed is it?
snow report
roga - I'm told by the person doing it that it is! But you know BASI - everything could change rolling eyes
latest report
... including the logo Wink
ski holidays
I think for the AGM to happen they have to have at least 20 members present, so to encourage more people to attend they're making it a day of events.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
roga - I'm told by the person doing it that it is!

Anyone from G2 in Aviemore?
ski holidays
shame about sean L....
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
shame about sean L....

?????????
snow conditions
I was thinking about getting on the BASI ladder, but I'm joining nowt that has Lancastrians in it. Shocked
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, Lancastrians?
ski holidays
beanie1, yeah, those woolly backed, pie munching splitters wink
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, I'm being thick again, I'm lost!
latest report
beanie1 wrote:
Mosha Marc, I'm being thick again, I'm lost!

beanie1 I think that Mosha Marc is (along with the rest of his county) still peeved that we won the war of the roses.
If anyone goes over the Pennines please inform them that it's just the natural order of things. There will always be winners and losers
Very Happy Very Happy
wikipedia.org wrote:
The war ended with the victory of the Lancastrian Henry Tudor, who founded the House of Tudor, which subsequently ruled England and Wales for 116 years. Toofy Grin
snow report
beanie1, that's far too simplistic. The war was a series of set-too's over a long period of time. Both sides had three kings in power each, until Mr Tudor married the daughter of our proper king and it all fizzled out.

Since then we've moved on, and have supplied food parcels, education and advanced technology (inside toilets) to them in an attempt to assist these upstarts in crawling out of the dark ages.

It's a great suprise and relief to find that some of them can even ski. In fact it makes all the aid seem worthwhile.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
beanie1, that's far too simplistic. The war was a series of set-too's over a long period of time. Both sides had three kings in power each, until Mr Tudor married the daughter of our proper king and it all fizzled out..

Don't mater what sort of spin you put on it - we won wink
ski holidays
And everyone knows that the majority of people prefer RED ROSES!! wink Very Happy
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, ok I get that. But I don't understand the reference to BASI and Lancastrians?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy