Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotels Near Albertville/Moutier?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know any nice to stay around Albertville/Moutiers for a friend who is going to la Plagne and wants to get into resort early on Saturday and needs one nights accomodation for the Friday?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is an Ibis or Novotel in Moutiers - not "Nice" exactly, but convenient
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If he wants to get to the resort early on Saturday then I recommend staying even closer in Aime at La Tourmaline which is on the main road into Aime on left hand side. 200m up the road is the best restaurant in the Tarantaise - L'Arome which is highly recommended.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are a couple of hotels in Aime as well.

http://www.hotel-la-tourmaline-aime.federal-hotel.com/page_en_1.html

With a really good Pizza restaurant across the road Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for La Tourmaline, but they won't be interested in peak season.
I have never managed to get into the Ibis in Moutiers for a Friday night, always seemed block booked for weekend conferences. Otherwise I have stayed in Chambery which is 90 mins away, or Annecy which isn't much longer. The Ibis in Chambery is in the industrial zone, but the Annecy one is in the old centre with a car park underneath. Good for a meal and a beer on Friday night. Brakfast from 5am, slightly surreal with lots of ski suited fellow hotel guests muching croissants before dawn!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, Rgarding the Aime hotel, never been there, but we have stayed a night in a small hotel in Landry. We couldnt book it though until a couple of weeks before we needed it, as they wanted to keep their options open for if they got guests who wanted the whole week. Your friend could maybe wait till nearer the time & try then. Or I suppose Le Bon Accueil in Landry isnt too far away, either.
http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/file-introduction_hotel-488-UK-H-BONACCUEIL-HIVER-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, we stayed here in Moutiers on a Friday night last Easter http://terminus.moutiers.free.fr/ very good. Clean, friendly, reasonably priced, convenient, decent breakfast, lots of places to eat nearby. Would recommend it for an overnight stop.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, I never managed to get into the Ibis or any other hotel in Moutiers either. Last year we stayed overnight in the Etap in Albertville. Think it was about £35 for a room. Car parking at the rear of hotel, this wasnt 'gated' but seemed safe enough. About 1k from the supermarket (one exit). As we were SC in Val Thorens we did our bulk shop in the evening when we arrived and scoffed breakfast in the car on the way to resort. An early start and we were in VT an hour later ready for the lifts to open. Dont leave booking too late though, it seemed pretty full on the Friday night.

Edited: hotel in Albertville was the Etap

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 1-09-09 21:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BMF_Skier,
Quote:

Last year we stayed overnight in the Ibis in Albertville.

I didn't think there was one? Do you mean Moutiers??

thefatcontroller: For value for money for an en-route overnighter I reckon you can't beat the Etap Hotel in Albertville. Basic but clean and functional.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, Yup, you are correct , I meant the Etap in Albertville.
Also in the Ibis Moutier, there is no availability on either Friday or Saturday nights from 1st Jan through until April. Other nights 34e. Must be block booked by someone maybe?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for help guys, went through options him. The place in Aime while nice ain't cheap, the IBIS options were fully booked but BMF_Skier came up trumps. The Etap in Albertville was available for about £55 per room (including breakfast), so he booked there. The Etap booking could also be cancelled up to 7pm on day of arrrival at no cost which is handy just in case. Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is also the Hotel formula 1 just of fjuntion 30 in Albertville. 39 Euros a room sleeps up to 3 or a duo room. Basic breakfast just under 4 Eros. Bookings open but it does get full on Fridays. Nice restaurant 5 mins round the corner set menus from 14 Euros.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
Thanks for help guys, went through options him. The place in Aime while nice ain't cheap, the IBIS options were fully booked but BMF_Skier came up trumps. The Etap in Albertville was available for about £55 per room (including breakfast), so he booked there. The Etap booking could also be cancelled up to 7pm on day of arrrival at no cost which is handy just in case. Cool
The option of late cancellation has alway appealed , as you never know if plans may change between now and then. I consider it a sort of 'alternative' insurance.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnlspencer, welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnlspencer, welcome to snowheads... what is the restaurant nearby the F1?
snow report
F1 in Albertville is definately basic and when I stayed cleanliness wasn't the best, Mrs Gandie was not best pleased and slept in her clothes as there was dubious hairs of unknown origin in her bed. Upside was that we were up early and arrived in Val T sharp for a great days skiing on the Saturday, atmosphere in the car was frosty to say the least rolling eyes .
latest report
gandie,

Shame about your F1 experience.

We have stayed in lots of F1's over the years and have found them to be nothing but very clean. Basic, but very clean and great value.

Seems like your experience could have been a (n F)1 off....
snow report
I would give F1s a miss and stay in Premiere Classe if you can, the creme of the French boîte à baisers, although that should probably be boîte de baisers in the Savoie as they confuse their 'à' with their 'de'

The Roma in Alberville is not bad, otherwise why not treat yourself to the Radiana in Lechere?

http://www.radiana.net/swf/radiana_hotel_en.swf.php
ski holidays
Quote:

The Roma in Alberville is not bad

skimottaret
I fear that the restaurant being referred to may be the one at the Hotel Roma, which is a few mins walk away. However it was truly awful the once we ate there. Shocking (ie tiny) portion sizes and the worst pizza and pasta we have ever had the misfortune to be served.

Presumably you will have a car? If so, there is a reaonable choice of eating places in Albertville itself. Decent Chinese on the main road through the town (poss Lotus Garden), decent Indian just next to the bridge in the direction of "Medieval Cite de Conflans" and excellent pizzas at Le Patio in the town centre.

Like Bergmeister, we've had no problems with Formule 1s. Stayed in quite a few. We once booked a couple of nights at Albertville and ended up staying a week. Despite the daily commute it was a fantastic hol - featuring Les Arcs, 3 Vallees, Espace Killy and Valmorel. Mind you it was a bit strange to be sitting in your ski clobber and be sharing the breakfast room with painters and decorators and jobbing builders....

Quote:

otherwise why not treat yourself to the Radiana in Lechere?

Has it's own thermal baths. The ever present smell of hot sulphur is quite strong at best - and at worst like the smell the morning after a vindaloo and 15 pints Toofy Grin
snow report
davidof, good tip on that hotel will bookmark for future reference....

mountainaddict, Is the Roma the big pink place? We will have a car and as you say albertville is okay but i havent found anything noteworthy. will give Le Patio a whirl.

We have booked up the F1 for half term, fingers crossed but cant be worse than last year at the Hotel Balladins Albertville, which i can say was THE worst hotel i have ever stayed in.
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
johnlspencer, welcome to snowheads... what is the restaurant nearby the F1?

The Restaurant we use is the Oasis just round the corner back towards the roundabout.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy