Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
loffers, i think BMF_Skier, pretty much sums it all up for you. However, something else to consider is the quality of your journey. I know I am in the minority here as most snowheads seem to go for the fastest/cheapest journey with max time on the snow (there seems to be some kind of macho bragging rights on Sheads for this Laughing ) For me I can cope with a day or so less on the slopes if it means the journey is pleasurable, so I take a more leisurely pace, maybe 2 overnights on the way out and one or two on the way back using prebooked F1's or etap. If you are trying to do this as cheaply as possible then another option is something like snowcoach - its not for me but i've got plenty of mates who swear by it. You could always break the mould and actually ask the family how they would like to do the journey!!! Shocked
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Always nice to get an ongoing repsonse from a question asked in 2009! snowHead
(A spammer now removed bounced this thread early this morning)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

You could always break the mould and actually ask the family how they would like to do the journey!!!

When I was travelling with kids they always opted unanimously for anything (including overnight coach) rather than drive. That car journey, with 3 of them in the back seat, would have been their ideal of hell. I'm not sure they'd have been won over by the thought of 2 nights in a Formule 1, either. wink I use them when necessary, but am not sure they make the journey "pleasurable" (though pottering round somewhere like Dijon looking for a more characterful alternative, then heading out in the city centre for dinner, certainly can be).

If forced to go by car they'd have wanted to get there as fast as possible to maximise ski time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, ooo how exciting.... Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy