Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The New E111 form

Poster: A snowHead
Having discovered on another thread that my E111 was invalid from 1/1/05, I downloaded a form and filled it in. I took it to the Post Office and the details were transcribed onto another form (only available to PO workers, apparently - why not let me download that one instead?) and the new form was 'rubber stamped'.

I left the PO with my shiny new E111 - one sheet of very ordinary-looking white paper with my details hand-written and nothing to suggest it's an official document except a smudgy ink stamp!

The old E111 was a multi-lingual booklet which at least looked official and had some chance of being recognised by, say, French doctors etc (or so I thought until I read the "Injury on the slopes..." thread recently). The new form has not one word in a language other than English and, I suspect, has no chance of being recognised anywhere abroad.

Anyone got any anecdotes regarding the new form and its effectiveness?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red Leon, yup the downloaded version comes out on 2 sheets and the PO issue a double-sided sheet. Don't bother downloading, people. I'd never seen the old one but I do agree the new one is less than impressive. Fortunately, I didn't need to use it wink
It's only valid for the rest of this year when it will be replaced by a credit card sized EU health card. When you apply for an E111 you can tick the box to get that sent to you when it's issued.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is anyone:

a NON-eu citizen
permanently resident (legally) in the UK
had an sking/boarding accident in the EU
and otherwise properly insured
?
In which ase, have you had trouble with the natives insisting on you having an E111? Cause, you know, we're not allowed one. I am all of the above and, although I haven't had to be carted off the mountain yet, I anticipate it sometime during my skiing "career". Forewarned is forearmed an' all that.

Just a thought.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't even think we needed an E111 anymore if we are fully insured. Haven't had one in ages, but will get one for nest time though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Red Leon, You're lucky....I took my one form to the PO and the jobsworth behind the counter demanded to know why I hadn't brought the second form completed....erm what form I asked....I was given said form had to fill it in there and then, after holding up the queue for ages I managed to get my E111's, but Mrs Grumpy behind the counter was something of a challenge!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well. I downloaded and printed them, filled 'em in, took both forms into the PO, they noted the details, stamped them, kept the "application for E111" form (which carries the request for the health card to be sent on) and gave me back the E111. took about 1 minute.

E111 is for basic health care only. It won't get you carted off the mountain. Many insurer waive the excess if you use an E111 to reduce the total bill.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Manda, If you're legally a full time 'resident' in the UK and you have both a full NI and NHS no. an E111 is valid, whatever your nationality. If you are on any 'limited form of residence then it's just a piece of paper . . . BUT the system is so FUBAR'd, pretty much anyone can get one and the checks are non-existent.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
conor, as mentioned on the previous thread, there are some good reasons why you need the E111 as well as insurance although many people seem to be unaware of them:

1. if all you need is basic medical care, you don't have to pay a thing and so don't get caught by the insurance excess
2. it is less hassle to get free care than to pay for it and try to claim it back from your insurer
3. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, many insurance policies will specifically exclude the cost of care that you could have got free with an E111 - meaning that you are uninsured for that type of medical attention.

It's free and takes no time at all (PO queue permitting) and so there is no reason to not get one.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I only wish I could find the booklet E111 my MIL got for us in readiness for our forthcoming trip......... now I know I put it somewhere safe......................................
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, ah ha. Last time I checked the E111 position I was on a 2 year working holiday visa, i.e.full time resident, with NHS and NI nos to boot, but would've been kicked out the country in 2 years time. It's probably the short-term kicking out bit that put me out of the running for E111. But now I'm onto the full "you can't kick me out" indefinate leave marriage visa. So probably I can use E111. Toofy Grin I will check it out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote: "Non-EEA nationals resident in the UK should NOT submit their E111 application form to the Post Office. They should instead send the completed application together with photocopied evidence of their right to reside in the UK to The Pension Service, International Pension Centre, Medical Benefits Section, Tyneview Park, Whitley Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne NE98 1BA."

Woopee. Sometimes I ponder the value of handing my passport in to the Home Office for the 8 (yes, count 'em - 8 ) months it'll take me to get British nationality. And then I book another ski holiday .....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Manda, you could try getting a job with a 'friend' of the Home Secretary, your application would then be fast-tracked.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David@traxvax, yeah, but then my boss's boyfriend would lose his job and my boss would dump him, and I could risk losing my job and it would all get too messy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Manda, I'm almost certainly not entitled to one (being non resident normally - although I was in UK for a few days before the holiday. Little white lies.) and not having paid NI contributions for years. But I got one anyway - as Masque says the Post Office don't check anything. They just stamp it. My thinking was IF I needed to show it in the event of an accident it might help things and I could always sort out any payments afterwards. I did however enter a date on the E111 when I was leaving UK (after my ski holiday) so it's not as though I'm going to use it long term. Didn't need to use it, fortunately. I also took Carre Neige with the ski pass (which is the 'get you off the mountain and into hospital' cover) and also other insurance. Can't have too much. Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kuwait_ian, What is the address to download the E111 please
snow conditions
geoffknight, look here.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy