Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Young family and skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
we have 3 kids aged 2, 4 and 6. Is it possible to go for a week skiing, enjoy it and keep the kids happy? I've seen reports here that suggest Stuben is a good destination. Anyone got any advice?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads. snowHead

Quote:

Anyone got any advice?

Three suggestions. 1. go with friends with similar age children, share the childcare and enjoy evenings together without needing babysitters. 2. take grandparent(s). 3. go to with one of those super expensive tour operators who do it all for you. Ski Esprit is one, I think (we could never afford them though and we're now at the stage where I AM the grandmother wink )

Not been to Stuben, but there'll be plenty of people who have, and who can advise. Depends a lot on what kind of skiers you are, and how you intend to organise your week. For example, is your priority to have accommodation very close to kids ski lesson rendezvous, or to have things like swimming pools? And when are you planning to go?

I'm sure the answer to your question is "Yes" but only provided your top priority is for the kids to have fun, not to do the sort of skiing you might have done before having kids. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SarahAKH, Yes but planning is required

We have been skiing with a 3-mnth old and 2-year old twins - perfectly do able.

Use the Forum search there are loads of threads about it around here. Your 6 and (possibly) 4 year old will be able to ski - there are loads of options for the youngest from nursery to nannies.

Enjoy it
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have been skiing when the baby was less than one year old and when my nephew was 2. we took grandparents to look after the kids. It is easy for people to post that nurseries and and nannies are available but consider the following:
1. They are very very expensive (to my family anyway and we both professionals)
2. A lot of the options will only be available if you book through a tour operator.
3. No matter how good the childcare facilities are - your two year old may totally hate being put in creche (especially if he doesn't go in a creche on a regular basis) and scream the place down, especially the second morning when he knows!!! On the other hand he may love it!!

As said in the post above it is possible but you should weigh up the cost of going etc (including childcare) against how much skiing everyone will get to do etc. Or is it worth waiting the extra year when all 3 kids can go in ski schools? The last thing you want to do is have a bad experience and put the kids off skiing!!!

Only you know your own kids though!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SarahAKH, Chemmy Alcott started at 2 its probably a bit late for the others to have a chance to be come Olympians but they can still have fun!!! wink
Welcome to snowHead 's
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
garethjomo, my daughter is expecting her first baby in February. she and the OH have already planned how we are going to babysit for them to go skiing, surfing, windsurfing and dinghy sailing. Shocked I looked after a 22 month grand-daughter for part of the time during a ski holiday - the activity she most enjoyed was Poking the Snow with a Stick. We did that for hours. She also enjoyed Putting Dolly up in a Bush then Knocking her into the Snow. She was willing to pull her teddy round on a toboggan, but refused to go on one herself and she swould have been very, very, unwilling to go anywhere near a creche. She'll be just 6 when she comes out at Christmas, and little brother will be 3.5, so we hope to get them on skis for the first time. I don't expect to do anything else that week! The objective is that they enjoy it, and want to come back for more. My grand-daughter is not a very brave little girl but I got her into the sea in Pembroke in a wetsuit when she was less than 3 years old (when her mother had sworn I had no chance at all) so I am remaining optimistic.

You see a lot of French families with three generations enjoying themselves - grandparents seem to be indispensable for most French family ski holidays.

We took my mother when we had our first ski holiday with the kids. She wasn't a skier, but it made a big difference to the ease of the holiday and she really enjoyed herself, especially watching the 4 year old in her ski lessons whilst drinking loads of hot chocolates.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Disagree with the comment that many options are only available through TOs. Possibly convenient as they can do it all, but easy enough to sort yourself with a bit of research. Most resorts have a nursery you can book with direct, the ones we used all have English speakers, although when they were less than 6-mnths not really an issue!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SarahAKH, welcme toSnowHeads snowHead You'll find it all much easier if you have other adults with you, even if they too have children. As your children are young, they may never have even seen snow, so you really won't know how they'll react. They could love it and - even though the holiday will still be hard work - it will be easier than if they hate it! The 2 year-old won't be able to join any ski schools (AFAIK), but could still enjoy playing in it, especially on a nice sunny day!

Might you be able to take granny and/or grandad with you? We never have been able to, but have always had various friends, brothers, sister-in-laws etc., which makes it so much easier. There are plenty of childcare options, although we have only used them once (in Italy, with a TO) but again, you will know if this is feasible for your children. My then 19 month-old son, cried when we left him for his first half-day. Was fine after that, but it was hard to leave him. Good luck and come back with any resort options you fancy - some of us are bound to know it Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would say it's perfectly possible to have an enjoyable holiday, as long as you modify your expectations. You won't have the same experience as you did as a couple so if you go on holiday expecting to have some long days bashing out the miles then you'll be disappointed.

We first took ours when they were 4 and 6 and they really enjoyed ski school, made some good friends in the hotel and have been thoroughly into skiing ever since. We would all ski together in the afternoon and it was a fantastic holiday.

I would recommend as others have suggested going with friends so you can divide up the child care/free skiing between you. The family oriented operators like Esprit will effectively cover your child care for you almost from morning till past bedtime if you're prepared to pay for it - but it won't be cheap and it always seems a shame to me to pay all that money taking kids on a skiing holiday and then not spend any time with them!

Have a good look at the resort you're going to - hit the websites and see what else is available to do - if one of you is doing lots of child minding, whilst playing in the snow will entertain to an extent it helps if there are other things to do when you're not skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yes it is possible, it is crucial to get good childcare, who can look after the youngest for some (all day if necessary) time, and also ski nannies who come along and help out with the younger ones lessosn I'd recommend this company, who I have used many, many times with kids from the age of 1 to last year when they were 6 and 9.

http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi there SarahAKH.

I posted the same question @ the tail end of last year on the forum as it was our fist time travelling as a family to a ski resort.

I booked the family holiday independantly from Mainstream Tour Operators taking Granny to baby sit while we could get a morning out on the Piste together.

If i were to do it again next year i would still take Granny along but would definitely book through a Tour Operator as it is easier and stress free.

What i mean by stress free is that you have to lug all the luggage and family to the car hire desk on arrival at said airport and hope that there is actually a car waiting for you, navigate the exit from the airport to the motorway, (fit snow chains if required) find your accommodation in the resort, drop off luggage and family then go and park the car in the resort car park if none available @ your accommodation. Travelling with a Tour Operator means you get picked up @ arrivals by coach. Very Happy Also @ certain hotels run by Tour Operators they have a creche as mentioned above, you don't have to use it but at least there is other kids about for your kids to interact with.

Without a doubt i would say that it WILL NOT be a traditional holiday like you may have previously been used to as a couple. Forward (military style) planning is a must. We averaged 3hrs a day on piste but still had to buy a full days lift pass as half day passes were sold after 13:00. This was no good for us, as the weather in the afternoons was excellent for the kids to play in the soft snow with the sun out keeping them warm. I would also select a resort that has plenty of other activities off piste. i.e. pool, arcade, bowling ally etc.......

If your 2 eldest kids are going into ski school then you will be granted a little bit more flexibility for skiing as 1 adult can watch the little 1 whilst another skis. If you are taking a relative to watch the youngest child then i think you will enjoy your proposed family ski holiday alot more.

Hope this helps.

Kev.

My next ski holiday will be in a catered chalet or club hotel.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SarahAKH, If you had the money I would suggest Oberlech, rather than Stuben - but it will cost twice the amount of Stuben. I've take the family (fyi my kids are now 5 9 and 12) to both and had a great time at both - must admit though Oberlech is a better base for the ages of your kids - as they have a free creche to those staying in Oberlech - think the min age is 2.5. You've also got the toboggan run at Oberlech which is as much fun as the skiing. We were in Stuben this year and Oberlech (pre credit crunch) 2008.

Stuben is really quiet and nothing to do. We stayed at Hotel Hubertushof which was excellent - nice rooms, facilities and I'm sure there is a nanny on hand to look after the youngest. The ski school is very good and small numbers. My sister stayed at the Mondschein and raved about the food. Ski school can effectively take the older two from around 9.30 till 3 (or possibly 3.30) as they can supervise their lunch. Although there's nothing to stop you meeting them at lunch as they always lunch in Stuben for the ages your kids are at.

OUr first family ski holiday was in Belle Plagne when our youngest would have been 2 so he went in creche (Crystal). Went the following year again with Crystal to another club hotel in Claviere and again not very impressed by the creche - girls were all nice enough etc but he was inside most of the day, primarilly because the very young kids need all the attention. A lot of people rave about Esprit but never done myself.

We always go independent now as it saves a hell of a lot of time wasting at the airport, give you pretty much unlimited choice of hotels and can quite often work out cheaper. We've arranged private transfers in the past and are excellent - I mean chap waiting in airport for you and you get whisked off to your destination - none of this fannying around waiting for other (often delayed) flights to arrive.

We're off to Kappl this year with the family which is more fasmily orientated than Stuben for example. Another family friendly resort to consider is Serfaus - although when I've priced the hotels there almost the price of the hotel we stayed at in Oberlech. Kappl is only costing us £2k for the 5 of us, half board in 3 star hotel, beside the slopes and toboggan run, flights and car hire.

One bit of advice would be to get the kids used to putting ski boots etc on and off - this is the biggest frustration when you take the little ones skiing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's a lot of discussion on this thread that may help: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53038

The best option is dependent on you, your kids and your budget so it's very difficult to generalise. I would advise that you keep travel time to a mimum first time around, choose a resort that is genuinely family friendly and consider some kind of childcare if you want to enjoy yourselves as much as the kids do - but I have an obvious bias!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll add another option..Obertauern.
It has skiing at resort height, so don't have mucking about rushing to get on a lift to get to the ski school meeting place.
The resort web site has links to creche which is in the tourist office building.
It's only 1hr transfer by taxi from Salzburg.
Went there in April 2008 with my 3.5 yr old daughter in skischool and she loved it, ski school looked after her really well .
Will be doing it in April next year and putting my 18 month old in the creche (so I don't want to hear any bad reviews of the creche now decision is made Smile ).
4* hotel with pool, transfer,flight,ski hire,1 kids ski school (all day with lunch), 1 creche(5 days) comes to about £2350 (at current exchange rates Sad )
<edit>forgot to mention - includes adult ski pass</edit>
Only thing you may have to watch out for is it can be a bit bleak in poor weather, but you could say that for a lot of places.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 25-08-09 16:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

so don't have mucking about rushing to get on a lift to get to the ski school meeting place.

that's an important point. If at all possible, avoid having any form of transport (lifts, ski bus, car) between your accommodation and the ski school meeting place - and just a SHORT walk. (be very careful about brochure descriptions on this; I would say aim for 300 metres max. 100 metres would be better)

This will enable you to get tired, hungry, possibly cold and wet, children quickly back to accommodation for lunch/snacks/naps/swapping over with other child-carers.
snow report
Hamish wrote:
4* hotel with pool, transfer,flight,ski hire,1 kids ski school (all day with lunch), 1 creche(5 days) comes to about £2350 (at current exchange rates Sad )
<edit>forgot to mention - includes adult ski pass</edit>
Only thing you may have to watch out for is it can be a bit bleak in poor weather, but you could say that for a lot of places.

Got any links there Hamish?? Looking to try somewhere different next year.....
latest report
kitenski, links-a-plenty!
Resort web site gives links to everything..
http://www.obertauern.com/en/winter/home.html
but to help
Hotel web site
http://www.zehnerkar.at/packages-offers.html
(no idea how good hotel is but tripadvisor reports seem ok.Can recommend the Schneider but too expensive now)
Transfer company
http://www.reisen-habersatter.at/transfer-en.php
Ski school
http://www.skischule.co.at/skischool-obertauern.html
creche if you need it
http://www.kinderbetreuung.cc/
(http://www.sbg.at/kinderbetreuung/engl_obertauern.htm)
snow report
cheers Hamish, just re-reading your orig post, I guess there is no/little tree skiing if the weather comes in? That is what has put me off going back to La Ros and why La Tania/Courchevel work so well IMHO, high enough skiing for good snow, north facing for tree runs that last until the end of the season!
ski holidays
kitenski, There's not a huge amount of shelter - there's some on the east side (north-facing), but most of the skiing is exposed south-facing.

I think these photo gives a fair-reflection of what the area looks like..

http://www.obertauern.com/typo3temp/pics/43_95cfd24d2c.jpg
http://www.obertauern.com/typo3temp/pics/11_ed8fa6fe86.jpg
http://www.obertauern.com/typo3temp/pics/05_73809ca259.jpg

trees are around, but it's not what you'd call forest.

I think I've been lucky with the weather the 2 times I've been so haven't had to suffer high winds so never had to think about shelter.
snow conditions
I have been with ski esprit (5 times and to 3 different resorts), snowbizz (who only go to puy st vincent) and premier neige (only go to sainte foy) and would second a previous posters opinion keep distance between ski school lifts and accomodation as small as possible (puy and sainte foy are fantastic for this)

We have also done private nanny and creche approach and whilst the nanny was more convinient for us, the kids preferred creche option as there was more children to play with.

We have always pulled kids out of childcare either morning or afternoon to ski/play with us which has worked well for us as a family, but the ski esprit approach is that the children are in some form of childcare most of the day.
anyway would reccomend puy, sainte foy and also ski esprit
ski holidays
St.Anton has a great ski school for kids and a snow kindergarten, they keep them all day so you can enjoy your skiing..... www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk
snow report
SarahAKH, hi welcome to snowheads.

YES YOU CAN!

Very Happy

can't say anything about Stuben but can comment about ski holidays with kids. We now have 3 boys- 7, 5 and 5 months. We have skied quite a bit- between 1 and 3 weeks per year since the first came along and have tried most options- I think 17+ weeks worth of family ski holiday so far.

There are a lot of options and variables- but not just about where/when/how you go- but also you and your family.

HOLIDAYS

1. fully independent-self arranged holiday- no additional childcare- take turns - each ski half a day- look after kids the rest- we have never done this (it is madness)- many do nothing else I can't comment about this but wouldn't suit.

2. Independent- take relative to look after kids. Pros- possibly cheapest option- total choice. Various cons. Not least is possible lack of little friends for kids- which is what will make them happy- or rather makes my kids happy. Can be a nerve wracking experience. Did this once- first time and never again. Grand parents often have strong views on creches.

3. Go with a group of friends with children- independent. A great option for us. We regularly go to an owner run chalet in Peisey (Chalet Himalaya it is lovely- ) with assorted children- who organise themselves and play, go to ski school together/ have fun play uno etc etc. Care of younger children varies between parents. We have shared childcare with other parents and also hired an English nanny though a local British run agency, can also use local creches but we have not done that. This option works best if children go to ski school in the morning and then ski with adults pm. But to do that they need to be able to use lifts, ski blue runs at least.

4. General Tour operator with childcare- ie not everyone has kids with them, eg Mark Warner, Crystal etc. OK pros- adult company, standard ski tour operator stuff if you like that sort of thing. Childcare usually good with crech etc. Cons- some of the other guests may not have worked out that their pensions will be paid by our kids and are a bit arsey about children.

5. Specialist Tour Operator- ie all holidays have childcare either as an add on in every hotel/chalet or included in the price. Expensive but very good. Our children like as many other kids to be around as possible- for ski school, lunch, tea, general monkeying about. We have done this both as a whole family and also just me (dad) and the oldest boy- so far second child has not been old enough to do this- but may next year (unless Mrs Ed comes as well).

CHILDREN

There are a few things to think about.

1. The youngest is 2. THis means no skiing and creche (unless one of you stays in ). My wife perhaps unusually was still breast feeding our older boys till 2 and I am sure she will fed the next one a little till the same age. If you are then the exact layout of pistes/lifts and your hotel/chalet/creche is crucial. Some places are easy (Le Rossiere, Peisey and one hotel in Argentiere) some are a total Fitzwilliam (all of the rest of the Chamonix valley) others are just a pain (Val d'Isere). I suspect feeding is not a big issue for most - it should be mind. So - creche- our children were ok in creche and we were happy with all the TO creches we went to (Crystal, Mark WArner and Esprit). THey had all been either to a nursery or child minder in the UK before- some children are very distressed by creche and this can be a deal breaker. The 2 year old may feel a little left out - but thats life.

2. 4 year old- I am guessing your first ski holiday- so s/he can't ski. Will need to go to a ski garden/ marmottons type place. Is the child continent? This is a deal breaker. Can they go to the loo unaided? Will they take instructions in a group of strange kids from a strange man with a funny accent? How is their general coordination?

3. 6 year old- no real issues.

ADULTS

1. Cost- skiing with kids is very expensive. Peak weeks, lots of extra costs, new clothes, ski school etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Really it is eye watering.

2. Can you cope with doing lots less skiing than normal? You will be forking out shed loads of money to go skiing- so you probably really like skiing- but you will not be able to do as much skiing as normal. You will not be out every day at 8.30- you will be back in good time to pick the kids up from creche (in Chamonix this might mean a taxi from Argentiere to Cham - €lots rather than the bus- free). THis can be stressful for skiing dads especially if they really want to go out early to ski off piste- but have to help get three kids in ski gear and off to ski school. Some couples don't cope with this well- typically with the bloke clearing off leaving a seething wife- to be repaid with interest later.

3. Do you really like skiing? If you are a bit not sure then you might have some problems. Firstly with the cost, then with 'going on holiday and putting the kids in childcare'.

4. Can you leave your kids to it? In creche- when they cry a bit. But also in ski school. Some parents hang around the ski gardens very anxiously - generally the ski instructors hate this.

5. Will your husband wearing ski boots and across icy paths carry 4 sets of skis several hundred meters ( after a night on beer) and still love you?

If think you can answer all these questions then yes- you can go on a family ski holiday with a 2, 4 and 6 year old and all have a good time
ski holidays
oh yes one other thing- take a lot of boys underpants-
latest report
and another- after consultation with domestic control

continence- not absolutely essential if a 4 yr old can be persuaded about the concept of the 'ski nappy' not a normal nappy at all- only worn for skiing- additional evidence found in any book about space- most have an illustration of astronauts underpants/nappies. Alternatively take 2 sets of ski clothes and embrace the concept of a 'hot leg'
snow report
edsilva, that's some really good posting.
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
Hear, hear. Threw up some super-vivid mental pictures. Laughing Laughing
snow report
Go with Esprit. They take your kids of you at 9am and give them back at 6pm having fed them their tea by which time they are so knackered they want to go to sleep. You get to ski all week and hardly see your kids. What more do you want from a holiday, the little barstewards are going to bleed you dry later in life for Univ, weddings etc.., don't feel guilty about being a little selfish. Also make sure to take them out of school, you don't see them and you save a bundle. Cool

Queue postings from the moral brigade about not wanting to leave their little Jacinta or Rupert for more than 3 minutes and taking them out of school, how could you. Shocked . Don't care, the skiing was great Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
paulio wrote:
Hear, hear. Threw up some super-vivid mental pictures. Laughing Laughing

And some useful tips for when the old faculties begin failing Toofy Grin
latest report
edsilva wrote:

continence- not absolutely essential if a 4 yr old can be persuaded about the concept of the 'ski nappy' not a normal nappy at all- only worn for skiing- additional evidence found in any book about space- most have an illustration of astronauts underpants/nappies. Alternatively take 2 sets of ski clothes and embrace the concept of a 'hot leg'

Brilliant advice but if you are putting the child in skiing childcare with one of the TOs they will insist on child being totally independent in the toilet dept, no nappies, pull-ups etc and needing no help with wiping etc. Think this is because the staff for this age group are not generally 'nannies' but more 'play worker' types and so they don't do toileting duties.

I would also recommend Snowbizz, brilliant, much smaller scale than Esprit but childcare is top quality, resort is such that you can get back very quickly if needed and accommodation is in apartments which gives you a bit more flexibility for kids meals/snacks etc.
latest report
sarah wrote:
edsilva wrote:

Brilliant advice but if you are putting the child in skiing childcare with one of the TOs they will insist on child being totally independent in the toilet dept, no nappies, pull-ups etc and needing no help with wiping etc. Think this is because the staff for this age group are not generally 'nannies' but more 'play worker' types and so they don't do toileting duties.

this is true -so only really if you are picking up from ski school- which can be done either if independent or with a TO.

of course like most things 'continence' is a bit of a spectrum (see Spud in Trainspotting) an otherwise pretty continent on most days 4yr old may well find the arctic climes of the Tignes le Lac ski garden in January too much to bear and have a crafty wee wee down his leg a couple of minutes after coming out of the little hut having had a drink of juice- actually- an otherwise pretty continent on most days 4yr old will find the arctic climes of the Tignes le Lac ski garden in January too much to bear and will have a crafty wee wee down his leg a couple of minutes after coming out of the little hut having had a drink of juice- so a clean dry suit is quite useful, you have to go with the flow so to speak. If with a TO a 'ski nappy' might result in problems. I find it very difficult to discourage this sort of behaviour and the ability to 'hot leg' is a much under-rated and neglected life skill- if I had my way there would be a diploma in it equivalent to 3 A levels.
snow report
edsilva, Laughing Laughing

Yep, even with a continent child you have to be prepared. Ours came back from a lesson really upset at Easter, I thought he'd had a bad ski experience but no he'd had a bad wee wee experience! Hadn't managed to juggle his clothing layers properly when doing a slopeside wee with the instructor and his friend and had got his pants wet. He was really miffed. We took him in the loo, ditched the undies and gave the pants a good blast under the hand dryer. All good fun!
ski holidays
SarahAKH wrote:
we have 3 kids aged 2, 4 and 6. Is it possible to go for a week skiing, enjoy it and keep the kids happy? I've seen reports here that suggest Stuben is a good destination. Anyone got any advice?

If you set out with the mindset of "family holiday with skiing" rather than "skiing hoilday with family" then you won't be disappointed. Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

Hadn't managed to juggle his clothing layers properly when doing a slopeside wee with the instructor

Poor little chap. I can just imagine, having done several wees in the park with my 3 year old grandson over the last few days. Even with an ordinary sort of pair of trackie bottoms it's quite hard, with a miniscule willy, to get the trajectory right. Struggling on your own with all those ski clothes, and nobody to help lean you forward a bit, must be really difficult.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Hadn't managed to juggle his clothing layers properly when doing a slopeside wee with the instructor

Poor little chap. I can just imagine, having done several wees in the park with my 3 year old grandson over the last few days. Even with an ordinary sort of pair of trackie bottoms it's quite hard, with a miniscule willy, to get the trajectory right. Struggling on your own with all those ski clothes, and nobody to help lean you forward a bit, must be really difficult.

Sadly age doesn't prevent these issues to Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
edsilva, With your posts you should get a job for a ski mag, all so well put. With the under 5s I would say Espirit as well, worked for us
snow report
As one of life's childfrees, I have enjoyed reading the suggestions and tips - really interesting. However, has made my resolve to NEVER share a chairlift with what I now discover are potential hotleggers even stronger Toofy Grin .

Good luck with your trip - You all have my untold respect snowHead
snow conditions
Yes. Ski Esprit were a great option for us when younger child was young. Putting her in creche didn't bother me, if she was crying I couldn't hear as I was skiing Wink
latest report
Quote:

Sadly age doesn't prevent these issues too

thefatcontroller, but you can probably hang on till you get to a proper toilet where you can fumble around in private wondering WTF it's gone.
ski holidays
Maybe the normal ageing process goes backwards for willies - mighty oaks turn back into acorns.

I'm calling mine 'Benjamin Button' from now on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy